Need advice on buying an iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by lennytan, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

Just to add my experience in case it may be of help, I placed an order for a maxed out iMac amounting to ₱286K via Apple Store (PH) and it arrived without any major issues save for the clearance delay that you’re experiencing now. The courteous person who delivered it never asked me to shoulder any other fees when it arrived at my doorstep just last week. Prior to this purchase, I’ve also made many other orders big and small over the years and there has not been a single occurrence where they asked me to shell out any extra.

The total you paid for online should already cover everything.

#21 Edelheid, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Theus and Sadaharu like this.
  2. Sadaharu

Sadaharu New Member

Fingers crossed that everything goes fine then. But to be honest, your replies made me feel a whole lot better.

Also, it was cynicism that made me use one of my dummy FB account to message their fanpage :sneaky:. i considered the scenario of my shipment and thought that it's pretty generic as all items bought on the Apple PH store will have to come from SG and there'll be other high-valued items on that batch of shipment.

3. Sadaharu

Sadaharu New Member

Thank you!
    I just really dread getting that paper slip that asks you to go a customs/postal branch to pick up your items. But then again, i think that's just for parcels brought to PhilPost's gentle hands.

4. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

Don’t forget to buy that carrying case 409FF575-6945-480D-AB76-57ABEB5F47FE.png

Pupkin, Theus, Sunil_K and 2 others like this.
  5. Titan

Titan Member

Just sharing mine.. At the website it seems Apple has indicated it to be delivered on Feb 23, 2018. However, the DHL tracking site indicates to have already cleared. Will they deliver ahead of time?

Friday, February, 09, 2018 Location Time Remarks
    17 Scheduled for delivery as agreed MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE 15:47
    16 Arrived at delivery facility MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE 12:37
    15 Departed from facility MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE 12:06
    14 Processed MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE 12:06
    13 Clearance processing complete MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE 10:54
    12 Clearance delay MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE 00:17

Thursday, February, 08, 2018
    Location Time Remarks
    11 Clearance delay MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE 07:18
    10 Processed for clearance MANILA - PHILIPPINES, THE 07:18

Wednesday, February, 07, 2018
    Location Time Remarks
    9 Shipment on hold HONG KONG - HONG KONG 08:50

Tuesday, February, 06, 2018
    Location Time Remarks
    8 Shipment on hold HONG KONG - HONG KONG 10:08

Monday, February, 05, 2018
    Location Time Remarks
    7 Shipment on hold HONG KONG - HONG KONG 08:55

Sunday, February, 04, 2018
    Location Time Remarks
    6 Shipment on hold HONG KONG - HONG KONG 08:40

Saturday, February, 03, 2018
    Location Time Remarks
    5 Shipment on hold HONG KONG - HONG KONG 09:59

Friday, February, 02, 2018
    Location Time Remarks
    4 Clearance processing complete EAST CHINA AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 14:24

Thursday, February, 01, 2018
    Location Time Remarks
    3 Departed from facility SHANGHAI - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 18:02
    2 Processed SHANGHAI - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 18:00
    1 Shipment picked up SHANGHAI - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC 16:07

Salaryman Ryan likes this.
  6. Titan

Titan Member

Just an update, I went reading through the thread again. So, I called DHL CS just a few minutes ago and they said the package is in Ortigas and it will be delivered on Monday, February 12, no duties or anything. Thank you Lord!

7. Titan

Titan Member

My iMac has been delivered today (actually just a few minutes ago, before 7pm by DHL). It took Apple 4 days processing the order and 19 days in transit. Delivered 4 days ahead of schedule and I did not pay any additional tax or fees.

Salaryman Ryan, Theus and greta87 like this.
  8. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi Folks. Need your expert opinions. I'm planning to edit 4k videos using either Adobe Premiere, Filmora or Final Cut Pro. I initially thought of getting the current gen base model Macbook Pro with Touchbar but decided go with an iMac since it's more bang for the buck and I'll probably be using it at home anyways. Is the base model 21.5 inch Retina display iMac sufficient enough to handle such task. TIA.

9. gogetit

gogetit Active Member

I'm also thinking of getting a new iMac to replace my 21.5-inch 2012 iMac; but I'm thinking of a 27-inch this time. What's stopping me are rumors that this year, Apple will release new iMacs. So I will bide my time.

10. Tim-O

Tim-O New Member

I was just wondering did DHL call you on the day of the delivery? I'd like to be able to pick up the item myself and not left with the guard. Wala kasing lobby itong condo na tinitirahan ko ngayon. Also can someone provide yung local working contact number ni DHL dito sa Pilipinas?

11. Tim_L

Tim_L New Member

I finally received my 27" iMac last week after sitting in Customs for over a week in Manila. They didn't call me, I watched the tracking info each day until I saw "out for delivery". Guard called when it got here and DHL brought it up to my door. Signature was required.