NBA 2018-2019

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by docjbr, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Netskipper

Netskipper PhilMUG Addict Member

Yeah I thought he would be but hes playing like he hasnt missed a game. Delikado raps!

2. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

He was playing great till he apparently reinjured his leg. Hope he recovers.

3. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

May be its not his calf. He grabbed his achilles after that.

Some of the raptors’ fans initial reaction was rude but after that they chant ‘KD’.

4. jerichojanolo

jerichojanolo Well-Known Member

5. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Warriors, baby!!!

Despite the cheering after KD’s injury, and all the calls that went the Raptors way, you just cannot count out these Warriors!

6. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

7. wingatu

wingatu Active Member

WTF, why didn't they called a timeout?

macdiver likes this.
  8. catalysmic

catalysmic Active Member

KD showed up.. Noble but Risky..

Definition of Pro and Adventurous..

Win or Lose there's a chance He'll Resign :whistle: ..

He rushed his recovery.. for a Career or even Contractual :eek: Altering injury..

9. shifty_md

shifty_md Active Member

The injury was evident on the slow motion replay and was confirmed by Warriors GM Bob Myers. Perhaps tearing his Achilles won't matter much for Durant. He's a snake after all. He can slither on the court.

10. macdiver

macdiver PhilMUG Addict Member

What a game!

Somewhere in the 4th, stats showed that Kawhi Leonard had a measly 16 points and I felt that the Dubs were in good position to steal game 5 despite losing KD again. And then Kawhi exploded with 10 points, and suddenly, the Dubs were down by 6 with about 2.5 minutes to go.

I thought... "Damn. The Raptors is getting their championship." Then Splash Brothers happened.

The Raptors still had a chance to win the game... and the championship, but their inexperience finally showed today. Nurse refused to call a timeout and let his guys freestyle the last play of the game. And that cost them game 5.

Steph Curry played aggressively and didn't wait for the double team to come before making a play today. He was attacking the basket before the Raptors were able to trap him. Nice adjustment by Curry and the Dubs.

Some people are questioning why KD was even allowed by the GSW to play, but... this is why they play the game. GSW's GM, in tears after the game, wants us to put the blame on him. But KD showed the heart of a Warrior... and a champion. Nothing but respect for KD and the GSW.

#570 macdiver, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    greta87, SE20, hitme64 and 1 other person like this.
  11. wingatu

wingatu Active Member

[​IMG]
    Clutch defense from Green

macdiver and hitme64 like this.
  12. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

It just goes with the saying “no house of yours is safe”. Except for Game 1, both teams have won twice on the other’s backcourt. Now let’s see the Warriors break that at home to even up the series.

KD playing today inspired a listless Warriors team on the brink. Even if he went out for good with his Achilles injury, it rubbed off to his team and they did what they had to do to win and live another game. It didn’t matter if he wasn’t there anymore; it mattered because it gave GSW hope in this series. Am sure they’ll fight tooth and nail in their final home game.

Toronto just has to live for another game, or two. They may have had the champagne out already and the balloons and confetti ready to fall in the final 3:22 minutes but, BUT, like they always say, the ball is round. Curry and Thompson and Green and even KD won’t allow it yet, and they better be that way come Game 6.

macdiver, greta87 and Emorej like this.
  13. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

I was trading messages with friends during Game 5. When KD was announced as a starter, I said, "Now we know it wasn't an Achilles injury." When he went down: "Now we know that's exactly the injury he has now."

The good news for KD and GSW: It's now more likely that he will return to the Warriors next season.

And now the bad news: He will also likely never be the player he was before. I remember only one player whose production didn't fall off upon returning from an Achilles injury: Dominique Wilkins. So yeah, there's a chance, though a slim one.

macdiver and greta87 like this.
  14. gadgetmonger

gadgetmonger PhilMUG Addict Member

I've been watching this guiy since the start of the playoffs and he's been very informative.

macdiver likes this.
  15. gadgetmonger

gadgetmonger PhilMUG Addict Member

I think GSW is now the nursing home for achilles injuries. First it was Cousins, now, it's likely going to add KD. :)

SE20 likes this.
  16. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

As discussed with other Muggers in a Viber group, Nick Nurse did call a timeout... which killed their own run. After that timeout, they couldn't buy a bucket, and he didn't call a timeout during that time. Labo.

macdiver, ronjet and SE20 like this.
  17. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

Yeah, he did when they were up 6 points and give the warriors time to regrouped and made the 9-0 run.

macdiver likes this.
  18. macdiver

macdiver PhilMUG Addict Member

... and didn't call one when he should've.

So...
    The series is returning to Oakland... for the ultimate game of the GSW in Oracle Arena as they move to a new homecourt next season. The Raptors fans have been the louder and stronger cheering squad all throughout the playoffs, but the pivotal game today tilts the scale back in favor of the Dubs. The stage has been set for the Warriors final performance at Oracle Arena, and for sure, Dub Nation will be at its loudest ever for game 6.

Emotions will be at an all-time high for the wounded Warriors and I expect the Splash Brothers to entertain the Dub Nation one last time at the Oracle Arena. I just hope Draymond Green can contain his emotions and doesn't get his 7th T and a 1 game suspension.

Btw, the Toronto Raptors have been a great and worthy opponent for the defending champs. They've proven that they can win away from their homecourt too.

Needless to say, basketball fans are in for a treat for game 6.

ronjet likes this.
  19. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

the initial reaction of the Toronto fans for me is human nature especially when most of them are probably just casual fans with deep pockets who don’t really know about the history of the game, the severity of that injury and its potential effect on the career of the player and the significance of a guy like Kevin Durant in the game of basketball. they did chant “KD! KD! KD!” so give them a break.

with regards to KD, i don’t know if playing in game 5 was worth it - maybe it is if they win it all but man, as a basketball fan it was just a sad day.

macdiver and ronjet like this.
  20. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

personally, i am rooting for the Warriors to win this for KD and i think this is it for them i don’t see them getting to the finals next season.....

.......with that being said, my mind thinks the Raptors will close it out in game 6. Klay and Steph were superb in game 5, i only expect one of them to shine in game 6 though. they probably need a huge game from a player not named Curry, Thompson, and Green and i don’t think that someone will be there. Jerebko? probably but it is a longshot. Iggy? i think he will already spend his energy on defense and Boogie? i don’t think he is physically right to give the Warriors that 15 and 10 they might need from him. Kawhi and Green knew the power of the ghost that haunt them in the finals meltdown with the Heat but they also knew how to beat it, i expect both to have solid games in game 6 and one huge game from either Gasol or Van Vleet will be enough to finish the deal on Friday.

shifty_md, macdiver and ronjet like this.