NBA 2018-2019

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by docjbr, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

^ Klay! Did he shave off his beard?

2. catalysmic

catalysmic Active Member

Klay came to slay :cool:

3. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

It looks like Klay really wants to do well in his last year with the Warriors ;)

4. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

hmmm... he will get him 15M this year.
    his coaching record is 128-83 (he will just accumulate more losses this year if he stays)

5. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Yeah, I feel for Lue and the Cavs. They were just one player away from reaching the East finals again :sneaky:

greta87 likes this.
  6. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

^ & Lebron is finding out first hand how much tougher it is in the western conference.... although I have to say that 4 of the 5 Lakers losses so far have been by very narrow margins (those games could have gone either way leading to the last few seconds & the lakers could easily be 6-1 with a lucky break here & there). but it is what it is.. what used to be a cake walk in the east is an entirely different ball game in the West.. less margin for errors & hardly any rest days..

extremeshot likes this.
  7. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Unbelievable scoring machine Klay T.! 52 points!

8. ice

D. Rose

9. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

^^I watched the 4th quarter of the Wolves vs Jazz game simply out of intrigue since Butler insisted he wouldn’t play until he’s traded.

Oh I’m glad I watched because of the Drose career performance. When I saw him close to falling into tears in the last play, I knew I was witnessing something very special. Certainly a magical scoring night since he was fearless and finishing over everyone, even Gobert. It was also fitting that he made the game winning block.

If you are a basketball fan, you have to love moments like these. Watch the replay if you can. Im certainly in the “Rose is done” crowd but after today, I wish he keeps on hooping. Salute to Drose and yes, I almost fell to tears after watching this epic performance. This season rocks!!!

Mykolant, shifty_md, ronjet and 4 others like this.
  10. Jess

Jess Well-Known Member

AD013FAF-3745-4F23-BA8B-25123C735E29.jpeg
    Lakers finally got their 2nd star - DeMar

photo from FB not mine.

11. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

^DeMar DeRoxas!!

Sunil_K likes this.
  12. courtside3

courtside3 PhilMUG Addict Member

Jimmy Butler is out of Minnesota. Finally. He should have been dealt soon after he met with, and made demands to, owner Glen Taylor two months ago. Instead, the Wolves let the situation drag on, with head coach Tom Thibodeau putting personal interests first and allowing the problem to fester.

The Wolves didn’t have to suffer through five straight losses to realize that getting rid of Butler was tantamount to addition by subtraction. He was openly recalcitrant. Among others, the interview with ESPN’s Rachel Nichols and the celebration of a loss with Celtics fans showed he was willing to stoop really, really low just to get what he wanted.

That said, the Wolves had better offers on the table than the pile of dog poop the Sixers laid on their doorstep; one of the trade “assets” they got is even likely to play zero minutes for them. The best of the proposals they received for long-term success: Four first-round picks from the Rockets. And don’t believe the load of crock that Butler had to go to the East. They’re just too myopic. Thibodeau still wants to win now and save his job, and Taylor agreed.

Moving forward: The Sixers will be scary good. Their defense will be top-notch. Still, they won’t get close to beating the Warriors. And fans don’t need an active imagination to envision Butler’s alpha-dog persona running Markelle Fultz and Ben Simmons to the ground as they pass up open three pointers or fire airballs.

Bottom line, though: Hoops lifers won. The Sixers are better. The Rockets are livid. The Wolves are, well, the Wolves. And the Warriors are still going to be champions. In short, it’s another crazy day in the NBA, where everything is truly fan-tastic.

Mykolant, Sunil_K and catalysmic like this.
  13. ice

^I wonder how he'll fit with Simmons and Fultz...

And will his attitude affect Simmons and Embiid (it didn't go too well with Wiggins and Towns)

Risky move for the 76ers... But they do have cap space to offer him max money next year.

14. ice

15. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

courtside3 likes this.
  16. ice

I agree... If CP3 can't save him, who else will take the risk? Lebron and the Lakers?

I hope Denver signs him for the rest of the season...

17. catalysmic

catalysmic Active Member

courtside3 likes this.
  18. ice

I think he belongs to an older version of the NBA...

Remember the Iverson days when the other 4 players play very good defense?

Nowadays, it's all team basketball, yes the Rockets are iso-heavy, but they already have CP3 and Harden...

I just hope he doesn't decide to play in China.

courtside3 and catalysmic like this.
  19. courtside3

courtside3 PhilMUG Addict Member

Pinning the blame for the Rockets’ poor 4-7 start solely on Anthony is unfair. After all, free agency saw the departures of wingmen Trevor Ariza and Luc Mbah a Moute, two stalwarts critical to the success of their switch-all and -always defensive strategy. Then again, there can be no disputing the numbers; they’re eight points worse per 100 possessions when he’s burning rubber on the court than when he’s twiddling his thumbs on the bench, and his career-low offensive norms tell just part of the story.

Make no mistake. Anthony wanted to make his time with the Rockets work. Before committing to the cause of the red and white, he had extensive discussions with D’Antoni and Morey regarding his contributions moving forward. And, upon prodding from resident stars, including close friend Chris Paul, he prepped himself for a role as a full-time substitute, called upon to greet opening tips only when the roster is depleted due to injury. And heading into the season, he was in high spirits, convinced that the arrangement would lead to mutual satisfaction.

Unfortunately, the Rockets hit a snag from the get-go, and because Anthony’s presence was the single most prominent difference year on year, speculation began on whether he would truly be a good fit despite his willingness to make the necessary sacrifices. And, notwithstanding a favorable turn in their schedule that enabled them to string together three victories, it intensified over time. And, internally, it reached a crescendo after they succumbed by a whopping 18 to the Thunder late last week; through the match in which the hosts played without Russell Westbrook, he posted an atrocious minus-22 line and could do no better than make a single field goal out of 11 attempts.

At that point, the situation had become so bad that Anthony then wound up being out of the lineup against the Spurs due to an “illness.” Never mind that he participated in full-contact practice the day before the contest. Yesterday, the same ”illness” sidelined him anew while the Rockets carved an easy triumph over the Pacers. And, under the circumstances, it bears noting that the way D’Antoni and Morey have been addressing scribes’ queries isn’t helping. They’re coating their replies with compliments on how “he’s been great with us,” but at the same time acknowledging that “we’re evaluating everything.”

It’s too bad, really, because Anthony deserves better. Of course, the Rockets do as well — which is why they’ll proceed in a manner they deem best for their competitiveness. In an environment where the best of the best have managed to get even better, they don’t do themselves any favors by staying put, let alone by giving up ground. It’s why they took a gamble on him, and why they may ultimately have to accept that they lost.

20. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

So which team would be a good fit for Melo?