Naked iPhone 4/4S

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by LeoCastillo, Dec 15, 2011.

1. helloluis

helloluis New Member

I always put custom-designed Gelaskins on all my stuff -- iPhone, iPad, MBA. At work we're all using Apple devices so it's really easy to get stuff mixed up sometimes.

2. ikitub

ikitub Active Member

Almost all of my I devices are naked. MBA iPhone iPods and Mbp.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

3. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

di ko kaya tong naked thing hehe... OC ako, does it bother you to get scratches on the edges and the sides?

I get irritated easily pag may nakita akong ganun. wala akong pamalit kung masira, or ma break agad hehe..

4. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

That's actually why I prefer NOT to use a screen protector. It gets all scratched up and dirty and annoying. The iPhone screens are pretty tough and scratch resistant anyway (just like a car windshield).

I have a friend with an iPhone 4 with a screen protector and put it next to my old iPhone 3GS which had no screen protector. The 3GS' screen looked much newer, cooler and sleeker.

Leo

5. cHaSeR

cHaSeR New Member

I use a Moshi case. Some protection is better than no protection at all.

6. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

I do agree that the iphone is best enjoyed in its full glory. But I cannot use the phone properly during the first day when i tried using it naked. Haha. I just want to use the phone and not worry about scratches and drops. So for that, i really need a case. Haha.

But damn, the iphone 4 is one sexy baby when it has nothing on it at all!

7. Tuli$an

Tuli$an Active Member

Check out Incase snap case. Slim protection. Got one in PMC for 1,600

8. rflores

rflores Well-Known Member

I can attest. The matte screen diminished the quality of my iPhone screen. Enjoying my screen naked. Back, with matte.

9. gift.card.code

gift.card.code Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

Case for protection, Naked for beauty. That's all i mean :)

10. kingplopi

kingplopi Member

Yeah, the screen protectors diminish the beautiful screen of our iPhone's.

11. david-ruffin

david-ruffin Member

glad to know that there are other users who don't apply screen protectors on their iPhones :)

12. elbert

elbert Active Member

I'm all for naked, and all my previous iPhones have been without case, not even a screen protector.

The iPhone 4 and 4S are the ones nicest to hold naked. However, since I started noticing a lot of scratches on the back of my Globe iPhone 4 (which I've since had replaced under warranty), I've started using cases by whateverittakes.org. Every so often though, just like right now, I remove the case to feel the original glory of the iPhone 4S.

I'm contemplating on getting myself a nice, elegant and ultra slim slip-on pouch though.

13. deucejunkie

deucejunkie Active Member

^Sir Elbert, you can do that? Have an iPhone replaced (under warranty) because of scratches at the back? Or is this another stupid question from me? hehe.

14. david-ruffin

david-ruffin Member

i use the same case too since it doesn't add bulk to the iPhone. i'll just buy a screen protector for the back so i can use it naked whenever i feel like it.

15. elbert

elbert Active Member

Not a stupid question. I should've been clearer. The replacement was made because of the yellow spotting issue on the display.

16. 48check

48check Member

the iPhone 4S is just so damn nice to touch and look at without a case. I love it!

17. alanis_junkie

alanis_junkie Well-Known Member

my original plan was also to use a naked iphone 4 but i noticed that I drop my phone more when it's naked (didn't have the same issue with my previous naked iphone 3G). I then decided to use a bumper na lang, still with apple touch ;) Still, from time to time, I remove the bumper.

I don't put screen protectors as well.

Off T: I just have to share :D I often see gadgets with screen protectors that are starting to peel off. I'll ask the owner why not remove it and ofcourse they will often say "magagasgas" then I'll ask, ayaw mo? reply will be "papanget eh"..then I'll ask them.."well look at it now, maganda ba?" LOL (btw, these are people close to me so ndi ako napapaaway) :D

18. patreng

patreng Active Member

i took off my belkin casing, put on a screen protector and bumpers. probably in a month when i get bored with the look, ill turn my iphone to a naked one.

19. ikitub

ikitub Active Member

yeah. until now. keep telling myself how beautiful the iPhone 4s is.

20. MFB

MFB Member

Screen protector has saved my LCD from scratches and mishaps with car keys in pocket. Good Install done at Charlie's store in greenhills and no prob w peeling. White rebel Case for my white iphone has saved it thrice from a fall from car to pavement! I saw it bounce and im sure im just very lucky lcd wasnt hit by anything sharp! I wanted to go naked but after seeing my sisters 4s nicked on the top right screen, it justified the protection I currently have. For Xmas I gave her a flip cover for her 4s. Glad she likes it it's the designer one from Spain. Got 5 off too since I mentioned Philmug and paid in cash. Yeah!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Got it at iStore virramall last dec 24 and it does Look better in person.Classy and fit for a mom (my sis). Saw some for guys, now arguing and justifying if I should get one too for my own Xmas present. Hehe