My MBP's Font Book crashes upon opening

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by maryannemoll, Feb 16, 2008.

1. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Guest

I think it's my fault. I have so many fonts installed on my 12-inch PB, and I tried copying my Font Book from the PB to an external hard drive (together with other files, mostly Microsoft Word files), and then to my MBP's Applications folder. I replaced the MBP's Font Book with my PB's Font Book. Now each time I open the MBP's Font Book, it crashes upon opening.

How do I restore the MBP's Font Book to factory settings? And what's the proper way of trasnferring fonts from one Mac to another? Thanks. :)

2. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Guest

Hmm. I reinstalled Leopard and that solved the problem. I suppose I was just too pakialamera and tamad. Better to add the fonts to Font Book one by one the usual way. :)

Look at me answering my own question at 1:30 am. :slanted:

3. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

Haha... It's still informative anyway, maryannemoll. At least other new MBP owners out there will know what to do (or not do). ;)

4. iAM

iAM Member

I had a similar problem with Microsoft applications. I copied a CD full of fonts (copied from my OLD PC) to my MacBook, and everytime I opened MS Word, it crashed. A reinstall solved the problem.