my macbook doesn't have sound!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by chrisjigaboo, Dec 9, 2009.

1. chrisjigaboo

chrisjigaboo Member

ok when i got home i opened my macbook then the sound wasn't working,i asked my mom if she did anything to my macbook! cause she borrows my laptop sometimes. she said she didn't touch anything naman. so i tried to adjust the volume using the controls in the keyboard then this came out!

[​IMG]

so i tried restarting my macbook! i heard the start up sound. but i still couldn't hear music or anything else from my macbook!

can anyone help?

2. natsgo

natsgo Well-Known Member

While the MacBook is turned on, check the audio out jack if there's a red light coming out.
    If there is, it means that the audio out jack is stuck in digital out mode.

Get your headphones/earphones and plug and unplug it to and from your MacBook a couple of times until the red light goes out.

3. chrisjigaboo

chrisjigaboo Member

ooooh! thanks! it worked the first time! hahaha thanks!!! :)

4. benniboi

benniboi New Member

weird this just happened also to me this afternoon... mine still have that red light on though.

5. whipper25

whipper25 Member

I get the red light when i boot into my bootcamp partition, but no red light when i'm in mac os x.

I did notice that the volume out of my bootcamp partition is particularly low though.