My Iphone 6 plus - with a mind of its own and out of control

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by number001, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Well for my case, i had the touch screen issue reported before my warranty expired. Yesterday, I talked to Apple Customer US, and an Advisor attended to me. I explained the issue to him and at the end I didn't know he was giving me an exception. Try visiting an AASC and from there you can assess what's your next step.

2. rimewire

rimewire Member

Went to Burn & Jhoy earlier to have my iPhone 6+ checked-up as I was having the same ghost touching issues and mute toggle switching without intervention.

Binuksan nung staff yung phone, chineck kung may loose connection then ni-reassemble. Voila, no ghost touching so far. I would usually experience it a couple of times an hour but it's been 10 hours since the check-up and not one instance so far. Sabi ng staff na it might come back pero sana forever na 'to haha. I'll update if it comes back.

About the mute toggle, it still happens sometimes when I tilt the phone, but I can't replicate the cause. Minsan pag nag tilt ako nagto-toggle siya, minsan hindi. 1500 daw 'yung replacement ng part. I'll probably have it fixed if it gets too annoying, but it's not there yet.

You really have very little too lose if you're in Manila (gas money, taxi fare) and want to get your 6+ diagnosed. I also called them yesterday before I went to the shop and they were really helpful.

jesusluison and number001 like this.
  3. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

After Apple gave me an exception for replacement, QCD TECH replaced my iPhone 6 after 3 days. Premium service at its best. Their service is highly recommended.

#23 Fervish, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
  4. giorgenne06

giorgenne06 New Member

how much will it cost po kng ipagawa ung iphone 6 plus with ghost touch?

5. deinxie

deinxie New Member

2k for iPhone 6 Plus at Burn & Jhoy

6. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

I get this from time to time. Jhoy took a look at it the first time it happened -- took a couple of weeks, until I couldn't take it anymore. He just dismantled the innards and then re-assembled it. It usually happens again if it's suddenly bright or if the phone gets squished in my bag. It goes away after a while, though.

7. number001

number001 Active Member

I'm now experiencing instances of screen unresponsivess on a daily basis with my iPhone 6 plus.

Restarting somewhat resolves the issue but it comes back after a few minutes. Sometimes even restarting is not possible bec. the screen is not responding to the slide to power off function.

The unresponsiveness manifest itself when I'm typing out messages. But short taps (ie. check emails, messages, etc) as if theres nothing wrong with the unit.

8. TheGrateMan

TheGrateMan New Member

***I FIXED MINE***

I have been struggling with this (iPhone 6 phantom touches, and unresponsive screen) for a year. I knew it was some kind of hardware problem and I had figured out a way to bang the phone on a hard surface which would usually get it to work again for a little while.

I am an engineer and wanted to open it up to see if I could see the source of the problem. I followed the procedure for replacing the screen of an iPhone 6 on iFixit.com you need an 0.8mm pentalobe driver and a plastic knife or something to pry with and a 000 Phillips head driver. I disconnected the 4 data connectors for the screen and then reseated them. This is tricky, but there are some tips on the iFixit site. Put everything back together, and no more phantom touches and no more random unresponsiveness.

It is fiddly work, so you would want to be reasonably confident you can do it, and have a steady hand and good eyesight. Otherwise just take it to a place that replaces screens and ask them how much to re-seat the connectors. For someone skilled it is only a few minutes work, so shouldn't cost too much, and if you are struggling with phantom touches and unresponsive screens, it's worth a try. It fixed mine.

kyubi likes this.
  9. torque

torque New Member

Hello. Where do I access apple care online, which site? Or where to call? Thank you.

10. number001

number001 Active Member

https://getsupport.apple.com/

Use the link above to contact apple support. Write your concerns on the form, schedule a preferred time and Apple will call you (landline, cellphone, etc)

Be sure to mention this

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6plus-multitouch/

IF this the issue your are facing with your iP6/6 plus.

11. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

12. sonjay

sonjay New Member