Must see places in Japan?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by wicket, May 26, 2008.

1. zosophilmug

zosophilmug Member

Anyone still in kyoto? osaka? I will be there this apr 7-12 hopefully maabutan pa cherry blossom.

2. macxchange

macxchange Well-Known Member

Yes, you're within the forecast of this year's Sakura.

3. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

4. zosophilmug

zosophilmug Member

Thank you @ Macxchange!

5. bmsantillan

bmsantillan Active Member

6. GTdiver

GTdiver Member

I'll be there April 2 - 6, ordered wifi from Japan Wireless. I'ts kinda a that it'll be quite warm during those days, 21-23c

7. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

At first, never thought of this free wifi around Japan. I just saw this sticker-advertisements around Ginza, then I asked one of the store there, what are this free wifi and if they have a free wifi. Then she gladly gave this to me. I asked if this is free to everyone, and she said it is free for tourist and you can use it for 14days. You only need to show your passport. You just have to look for the Sticker, if the shops have those stickers, you can access the free-wifi - That's the only drawback. But its free!
    We stayed there for 2 weeks. I only discovered it from the last week of our stay.

8. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

Wife and I flying out tonight for a 7-day break and will be visiting Osaka, Kyoto, Nara and Tokyo. At least that's the plan.

I have to say this thread has been very helpful. I have been stalking you all for about a year here. Lol.

9. putakti

putakti Active Member

Go to BIlly The Kid and meet Kamen Rider Black :) woot!

10. pctan1584

pctan1584 Well-Known Member

finally flying out tomorrow for 6 day Tokyo trip.

11. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

Get a mifi/pocket wifi with enough concurrent device connection in your travel party. Turn on Airplane Mode and WiFi On so you can use your smartphone without fear of receiving calls that will be charged to you even if you do not answer. Only turn on roaming when getting sms or making emergency calls. Viber or iMessage is very useful.

I arrived last April 2 and this is my itinerary

April 3 Tokyo/Yokohama at Shin Yokohama prince Hotel
    April 4 Yokohama/hakone at Hakone Yunohana Onsen
    April 5 hakone/narita at Narita Excel Hotel Tokyu
    April 6 narita/manila

The cherry blossoms at the imperial palace and Odawara Castle are in full bloom but they're shedding the flowers like bad dandruff.

Really wish I could study here and meet a cute local. I love it here more than a my stay in the US.

#411 yoh_hectic, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  12. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

Also sneaker heads I was clued in to the fact that Nike shoes are cheap daw here. I saw em being sold for under 7000 ¥ at gotemba premium outlets near Mount Fuji.

13. Dekra

Wow we were able to purchase express passes online for USJ/HP:

Universal Express Pass 7 (~ until April 30)
    Receiving method: direct-ins (advance)
    Adult / child / senior common price 6,600 yen three □ attraction information 11:40 - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter TM area admission time 12:00 to 12:15 Flight Of The hippogriff TM
    12:30 to 12:45 Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey TM
    Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man TM · The Ride Space Fantasy - The Ride Hollywood Dream - The Ride or Sesame Street 4-D Movie Magic TM / Shrek 4-D Adventure TM
    Jaws (R) or Back to the Future (R) · The Ride Jurassic Park - The Ride (R) or Terminator 2: 3-D (R) or Backdraft (R)
    Subtotal: 19,800 yen

Total: 39,180 yen

14. Kenneth

Kenneth Moderator

Definitely the fast pass is a must. The extra cost is so worth it. So many people at Universal Studios. Especially jam packed at Harry Potter. We would have spent most of the day waiting line which would have totally ruined my day.
    I got dizzy in the Harry Potter and Space Fantasy rides. The one ride I regret not going on is the new Evangelion 4D. Should have bought a ticket.

15. chizbol

chizbol Member

Mind sharing the website you got tickets from?

16. Dekra

ƒ†ƒjƒo[ƒTƒ‹EƒXƒ^ƒWƒIEƒWƒƒƒpƒ“(R) | USJ

You can only purchase online tickets through the Japanese website; just use Google Translate to navigate. One of the fields requires you to input your name in Katakana - again Google is your friend. :)

17. blaziiing

blaziiing Member

Hi guys question for those who bought from tax free shops outside the airport specifically Don Quijote.

I dont know what to do with this actually but I have a feeling I should show this somewhere at Narita Airport to prove that I intend to use and eat the items outside Japan.

This tax free receipt was taped at may passport so makikita ng customs dito na may ilalabas ako. Tama ba? Thinking of packing the items in my gym bag para easier inspection.

[​IMG]

#417 blaziiing, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  18. macxchange

macxchange Well-Known Member

I suggest that you go to customs clearance counter first before checking in the items you bought. Less hassle on your part just in case the officer wants to see the item.

19. tidus1203

tidus1203 Member

In my case I bought a watch di naman tinignan na... They will tear that away once you get pass customs. But that was at Kansai International... Baka iba sa Narita...

20. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Active Member

In Kansai there is a counter where you will present this receipt and will check if you did not open the package, this is if you bought food that you are planning to eat/bring outside of Japan. The risk is if the package is open, you will get charge with the local tax.