Must see places in Japan?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by wicket, May 26, 2008.

1. GTdiver

GTdiver Member

Beautiful photo. i wonder what month it snows in Kyoto.. I was there in the middle of winter already..

I would agree, or just line up. The rides in USJ are not as great as the rides in Universal Studios Singapore. Riding them once is enough. Most walk in rides are in japanese. Skip those, especially backdraft.

2. putakti

putakti Active Member

Must see in Tokyo?

Robert Akizuki!!! Me and my wife met him!

[​IMG]

3. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

Hey guys, we're going to Osaka in April. Any tips for Harry Potter? Like when/where to get the express pass? Thanks!

4. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

Aside from taking the trains, are there any bus from nagoya to nagano?

5. scoflip

scoflip Well-Known Member

Hi. Were going to apply for a Visa this week and our flight ticket is on the 15th. Abot pa kaya or too late na? Any tips regarding Visa application? Do you guys have a sample itinerary? Thank you!

6. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

i'm assuming that you already completed the requirements and you will just submit this week, to give you an idea we submit the complete requirements thursday and we got text from accredited agency monday afternoon that we can get our passport and the visa is approved

on itinerary, osaka or tokyo?

7. astra22

astra22 Member

We went to Osaka last November.
    It is highly advisable to get a Universal Express Pass as the lines on the attractions are quite long especially on a weekend. If you have been to other Universal Studios theme park, i suggest you go right away to the Wizarding World of HP. Due to high volume of visitors, they give timed-entry tickets.. Then, you can just opt to get the UE 5 good for 5 attractions.

8. astra22

astra22 Member

This might help bro...

Tickets?Universal Studios Japan®

9. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

Basically yes, abot pa. As long as you have all the required documents.

Same with them, got it on the third day- including the day you submitted your visa application.

10. scoflip

Still waiting for our approval :) Since the relaxation of the Japanese embassy regarding the Visa application, do you guys know the percentage of getting approved compared to being denied?

11. m4r14n

m4r14n Active Member

We applied early February for our trip tomorrow - luckily my husband and I got 5 years multiple entry visa.

An officemate of mine - which I would assume has the same financial profile as me - if not better (since she's with the finance team) applied for herself and mom same time as us - she got a single entry while her mom got a 5 year multiple entry visa.

I have been lurking with the PEX Japan Visa thread - it seems rare to be denied - there are still some who gets denied but that's because they do not have sufficient funds (in terms of bank statement etc).

12. scoflip

My girlfriend got a call from the travel agency and their conversation goes like this:

TA: "Hi Ma'am. Ready for pick-up napo yung Visa niyo."
    GF: "Approved po ba kami?"
    TA: "Yes ma'am. Andito napo yung Visa."

Question - if you got denied by the embassy, do you still get your Visa but with denied stamp? Is it already 100% sure that we are approved? I'm still nervous and can't wait to confirm by 3PM. :|

13. blaziiing

blaziiing Member

I get what you are feeling. Ganyan din nafeel ko twice when the agency called. Parang "did i hear it right?" Blabla so yeah

Based sa posts sa PEX, either you get SE or ME. Isa lang ata nakita kong nadeny and that is because he/she overstayed before.

Chill lang. Im sure you got approved since the girl said okay na yung visa :)

14. scoflip

Approved kami!:) SE - 15 days only but it's all good :)

15. scoflip

guys question about unli data roaming (599), is it much faster than getting/renting a mobile wi-fi (readily available)? Less hassle? Also, where can we buy tickets sa USJ? We are planning on buying the express pass 7. I'm so excited!!:)

Edit:
    Is this site legit?
    http://japan-wireless.com/products.html#mobile wifi router

I think it is much better to rent nalang. What did you guys get on your trip? First-time in Japan :)

16. chorizo

chorizo Member

Site is legit. That's the same pocket wifi provider i used in Osaka. Even though the pack come with its own power bank, just bring an extra one because it does it eat up a lot of battery. I had mine sent to the hotel, and on my departure, i mailed it back from the airport. There is a post office drop box in the airport. It is better to rent, cost is spread out to all 4 people using it. The only drawback is when your group needs to separate. Draw lots nalang on who's going to hold it.

17. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Active Member

@ scoflip - I got a prepaid LTE sim at the airport. If you have spare phone it is cheaper to get this sim. ¥3000 for 1.5gig and ¥5000 for 3gig

18. blaziiing

blaziiing Member

@scoflip we are planning to buy a wifi kit for 9 days. So far here is my comparison:

Pupuru = ¥6588*
    Global Advanced = ¥5550
    Japan Wireless = ¥5400

*More expensive since the lowest speed they could offer is 75mbps. Global and Japan offers 21mbps.

Also, GA and JW pocket wifi can connect up to 5 devices. If you are traveling as a group, I suggest you use this :)

19. bmsantillan

bmsantillan Active Member

Check out your hotel or host (if AirBnB), sometimes wireless wifi is free :)

20. austineuy

austineuy Member

I rented a mobile wifi from e-connect japan. 7 days is only 3000-4000 yen at 3G speeds (mid-tier), cheaper than b-mobile or other options. You can have it sent to your hotel, which is a lot better than at the airport because their stall might close if you're in a night flight.

Your hotel may be a USJ partner hotel. They can easily do ticketing, but bus transfers are limited, so better check. Our hotel only had weekend buses. If you're in Osaka, just go to Kansai airport. There's a bus straight to USJ and back for around 3600 yen.

THe other option is go to USJ early or in the weekday. You may buy your ticket easily there. If you plan to visit the Harry Potter section, look for the 'timed ticket' machines and get queued.