multiple homepages in safari?

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by johnj2803, Dec 17, 2006.

1. johnj2803

johnj2803 Active Member

hey guys,

i am a big fan of firefox/bonecho and their ability to have multiple tabs as home pages make it indispensable.

is there away to do this with safari?

i think its still faster than firefox... and i like to use it :D

thanks

#1 johnj2803, Dec 17, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  2. icetraxx626

icetraxx626 Active Member

in safari go to preferences an look for the tab option

3. Odysseus

Odysseus Active Member

I don't think the current version of Safari has that feature. It does have tabbed browsing but not multiple tabbed homepages.

4. johnj2803

johnj2803 Active Member

yeah, i know about the tabbed browsing already, but i want multiple tabs as homepage...

penmanila said something about the program forgetmenot, it makes safari remeber the multiple tabs you had open before closing safari... thats the closest i cam accross with... yet... :(

hopefully someone out there knows of a hidden prgram somewhere :D

5. icetraxx626

icetraxx626 Active Member

then why not save your multiple tabs in a bookmark?When you open safari you could just open all of the saved tabs simultaneously.

6. johnj2803

johnj2803 Active Member

as in open thr links in tabs? yeah i know but doesnt make it one click only :D

am i too much? its just that i really like it when i have multiple tabs open when i launch safari...

7. michaelkenji

michaelkenji Active Member

why not make it one click plus a keystroke then? :D

as icetraxx626 said, bookmark all your "homepages" then just create a keystroke for the menu item Bookmarks>Open in Tabs.. you can do this in the Keyboard Shortcuts tab of the Keyboard & Mouse Preference Pane.. launch Safari (by any means), then just do the keystroke.. voila! all bookmarked "homepages" open in tabs.. :D

8. ivebeenmugged

ivebeenmugged Member

no need for the keystroke. you can save all your homepages in one bookmarked folder and just command+click it. it will open all the pages in that folder in separate tabs. BUT it will close all existing tabs that are currently open and refresh it with those in the bookmark folder. i made one for sites i visit on a regular basis.

9. michaelkenji

michaelkenji Active Member

if you're to try his suggestion, make sure to drag the Bookmark Folder you created (with your homepages) to the Bookmarks Bar before you can Cmd-click.. :D

ayan dami nang small workarounds ha.. pili ka na lang, johnj.. ;)