MUG-Droids... PhilMUG Android Users

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by kentamayo, Nov 29, 2009.

1. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

JohannChua likes this.
  2. ice

3. ice

4. ice

5. ice

6. msgt16

msgt16 Member

Hi! Is it possible to recover photos on an Android phone set to factory default?

7. ice

did you use Google Photos to back-up?

You can try setting up the phone again using your account, during set-up, the phone will ask if you want to copy an old device...

8. msgt16

msgt16 Member

Hi, sir. I believe the phone was never backed up from the start. I only copied the photos from the Gallery. I didn't know that my wife made specific folders and moved some from the Gallery. I thought I got them all prior to setting it to factory default. :(

9. ice

If you didn't change your "back-up" settings, a few photos will be backed-up by Google...

But as I said, you can only try. No guarantees

10. ice

11. dr_prbc

dr_prbc Member

Hi guys! So I just bought a Galaxy S20 plus the other weekend. A quick question, the store where I bought it insisted that i get a "domed glass", they say that it's better than the traditional tempered glass and they said that the fingerprint sensor of the phone won't work perfectly if used with these tempered glass.

How true are the claims? And if true do you have any suggest on where to buy and what brand? I have the habit of installing my own screen protectors so i don't rely on the stores to put them for me. Thanks a lot!

12. msgt16

msgt16 Member

Hi, sir. Pardon my ignorance, how can I check this? My wife's phone is Huawei P9.

13. ice

when you set-up a new Android device, it asks you if you want to restore from an older device.

just select the old account/device you used... if you're lucky, there might be a few photos saved.

14. manager

manager Active Member

I have a Note10+. Haven't taken off pre-installed protector since January and no problems so far.

If I was going to change, it would be the Whitestone brand.

dr_prbc likes this.
  15. dr_prbc

dr_prbc Member

Hi thank you! I've heard the Whitestone brand from different youtube videos regarding the phone. And reviews are generally positive all throughout. Do we have that brand here in PH? or do I need to source it from another country. Thanks a lot!

16. manager

manager Active Member

The official Samsung store in Alabang Town Center has them. Maybe the one nearest you have them too. Happy hunting.

17. dr_prbc

dr_prbc Member

Noted on this. The nearest in my area is at SM North Edsa so I might look there. Many many thanks!

18. ice

Asus Zenfone 7 Pro

19. cHad

cHad Member

thinking of buying a xiaomi mi note 10 lite or a samsung A71 or a realme 6 pro for my brother but I will purchase it outside the Philippines. Any one has experience with these brands when it comes to support for units purchased outside the Philippines?

20. sbuckspodium

sbuckspodium Member

I'd vote for the samsung since most malls have them and most repair people(greenhills) know how to open and repair/replace parts easily.

Durability... xiaomi doesn't get my vote since i had 3 different units get bloated batteries and the official repair locally would not replace them for free all within a years use.

You might try looking at 2nd hand ones to see which of those have most problems.

Hope this helps