MUG-Droids... PhilMUG Android Users

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by kentamayo, Nov 29, 2009.

1. raze19

raze19 Active Member

I get around 9-10 hrs SOT if I don't play a lot of games. bluetooth always on for smart watch, Wifi or Data always on.
    If I play pubg I get around 6+ SOT on max settings.

Have you tried installing the Ported Pixel Gcam yet? It's not polished but it works.

2. shifty_md

shifty_md Active Member

I finally charged the phone with 11% left, but managed to get a total of 10hrs20min SOT. WiFi/data always on with FB, Browsing and occasional video streaming and games.

Haven't tried it yet. Where/how did you get it, sir?

3. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

LG V40 is official...

4. raze19

raze19 Active Member

XDADev threads for Poco - there's a dedicated thread for the Google Pixel Camera Mod Port for mi8 and F1 by BSG there. I'm not sure if I can post links here.

5. mysterio

mysterio Well-Known Member

@raze19 have you tried using Second Space on the Pocophone?

6. raze19

raze19 Active Member

yes. Although I don't use it much. Why?

7. Leeger

Leeger Well-Known Member

The Oppo Find X Lamborghini charges from 0 to 100% in 35mins!
    Link

8. mysterio

Curious to know if Second Space allows the installation of 2 different Viber accounts, one for each Space. :)

9. raze19

raze19 Active Member

I have yet to try it on dual space (since I only have 1 viber number and on this device only) but I tried it before on pubg (2 profiles ) and for work related stuff emails browser, calendar etc. It is a totally different profile so it should work.
    That being said, my buddy who happens to be sitting next to me said you don't even need second space. There's a dual app functionality in Miui that you can utilize to do just that ( 2 profiles , 2 accounts for one app ) I tried it and I now have 2 viber icons, I don't have a 2nd sim but it's asking me to reg/login on the 2nd Viber app - if it will work like this then it's more convenient than 2nd space since you dont have to go back and forth to the other profile/space. With DualApps, both will run at the same time (theoretically). Apologies if I can't try it since I don't have a second sim in on the phone.

10. mysterio

Thanks for the feedback. Actually there is an app in the Play Store called Parallel space where it's been demonstrated to work with 2 viber accounts on one phone. If you use both for one purpose, say business (one customer facing and one business facing) then it would be better to be on one account. But if you have a personal viber and a work viber, probably better to separate on Second Space. :)

11. raze19

raze19 Active Member

Yes Parallel will work like the native "Dual Apps" in Miui.

12. ice

The Razer Phone 2 is poised to be the gaming phone to beat | The Verge

2.8GHz Snapdragon 845 (with vapor chamber cooling technology)
    Adreno 630
    8GB RAM
    64GB Storage
    4,000mAh battery

13. ice

Samsung’s Galaxy A9 is the first quad camera phone | Engadget

6.3-inch display
    Snapdragon 660 processor
    6GB RAM
    128GB Storage (microSD card up to 512GB)
    3,800mAh Battery

24MP "main" camera
    5MP depth camera
    10MP telephoto camera (2x zoom)
    8MP ultrawide camera (120-degree)

24MP front facing camera

#6794 ice, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  14. jor

jor Member

I'm presently using a Samsung Note 5 which, over the past three months, has been flailing in various ways. Also, since I use a Macbook and prior to that a Macbook Pro, syncing everything has always been a PITA. So I thought that the best thing for me to do is to just get an iphone (my last one was a 3g!). Initially I was torn between the older iphone X and the newer iphone XR, but after a lot of research, I changed my mind and went in the direction of the XS. Since I value privacy and I use a Macbook, I thought I should make the switch. The only things stopping me are: 1) the price; and 2) the nano-esim configuration of the Singapore version.

The price is a bit much. In the grey market, the XS 64 GB is roughly 61k. Add 4k more, and I can put together a new PC with high quality components. (Don't stone me. I like win 10.) As for the nano-esim set up, I can't see our telcos supporting the esim in the near future, or maybe even in my lifetime. If I go for the HK version, then I'm going to run into support problems. It isn't an impossible situation but it is inconvenient. Also, based on the other thread, the HK version doesn't deploy band 28.

Really am confused with this purchase decision. Maybe I should just get Samsung s9+? Feedback is most welcome.

15. ice

^For me, there's a reason why we use Android, iOS, Windows etc.

Android - most common reply I hear is dual SIM, microSD
    iOS - Facetime, iMessage and (surprisingly) CarPlay - technically Android Auto is not yet available here

Cost? XS starts at S$1,649, Note 9 at S$1398.00 but resale value of an iPhone is really good... Compared to an Android device which is almost impossible to sell!

I'm not recommending a specific device... Just make a list of things you need and from there you can select which device will work best for you.

jor likes this.
  16. jor

jor Member

After a ton of reading and video watching, I've decided on the Note 9. I really went all over the place with the research, given that there are so many options. My only concern now is where to buy my phone from. :)

17. ice

^Good choice... Although I'm not using a Note now, I've always been a Note person.

You'll see a lot of negative comments about Samsung's Android updates...

But of all Android OEMs, they're the only one who gives 2 major updates to their flagships (S & Note Line)

jor likes this.
  18. jor

jor Member

I've received quite a few updates although I haven't heard anything about a note 5 to Oreo update. The S Pen is really useful and I like what they did with it for the Note 5.

19. ice

The Note 5 was released with Android L and your device should be running Nougat now...

That's your "2 major Android updates."

jor likes this.