MUG-Droids... PhilMUG Android Users

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by kentamayo, Nov 29, 2009.

1. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

I like what I'm seeing about the LG G3. For you LG owners out there, how's LG's update of their Android OS?

As an S3 owner, I'm not that happy with the consistency & timing of Samsung's updates. Maybe my S3 is not considered a priority by Samsung so is at the end of the line when it comes to OS updates.

2. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

I just updated my HTC One 802w to the much-awaited Sense 6 update. Everything looks well and all but ****, my GPS died. ****. Currently looking for a fix, but due to the niche nature of the device, I doubt I'll be able to fix it.

3. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

Sense 6 broke my on call microphone, low volume. (If I use Viber, or use hands free / speakerphone, the microphone is fine...)

4. vgsison

vgsison Well-Known Member

Is nexus 5 still a good buy? Thinking of getting one. LG G3 also promising but might be very expensive

5. Sven

Sven Active Member

Still good, because it's cheap but average battery and camera is to be expected.

6. Verbl Kint

Verbl Kint Member

Just got a Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 for the wife. So impressed while testing it that I didn't bother waiting for the Tab S 8.4 and the Nexus 8. It's the best screen that I've seen on a tablet as of the moment.

7. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi vgsison. The nexus 5 is a good buy. You could also wait for the HTC E8. Pretty much like the m8 but without the extra sensor and a polycarbonate body (as far as price is concerned i think its about half the price of the m8). If i didnt get the m8 i would buy this hands down.

LgG3 is stunning but between Htc, Sammy, LG and Sony, its LG who is last to update their devices to the newest software.

Like i said in another thread, its NEVER a good time to buy a smartphone! Lol! 

EDIT:
    Side by side photo of the metal M8 and the Polycarbonate body E8
    [​IMG]

Write up from PC Advisor[h=1]That's right, we said it. You're wasting your money on the HTC One M8. It's an incredibly desirable smartphone, but the plastic HTC One E8 is just too good a deal by comparison. We explain why in our HTC One M8 vs HTC One E8 comparison review.[/h]

#5547 Sunil_K, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  8. VicB

Hi Sunil_K,

Thanks for the update on the E8. I'm just concerned about the lack of the extra sensor. There was already a lot of criticism on HTC that the camera was "only" 8MP for the M8. Wouldn't the lack of the extra sensor affect the quality of pictures taken with an E8.

My mobile's camera has become my go-to camera for most of life's events. I do remember when a 5MP point-&-shoot camera was the top of the line. How times have changed!

9. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

M8 = 4MP (Ultrapixels)

10. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

Hey bro! The m8 shooter isnt the best out there but its alright naman. Its funny that they gave more importance to the front facing camera - more selfies! Lol

Oh yes how times have changed. I remember i was raving about Sony Ericsson K700's camera!

11. VicB

Ooops, sorry, my bad. Still, without the extra sensor/camera, I wonder about the quality of the pictures taken with the E8.

12. Jim E.

Jim E. Member

I officially passed on the M8 a few weeks after it launched, but I'm now again considering HTC, mainly because of the E8. If this touches down here (and if it's true that it's half the price of the M8), I'm getting myself one ASAP.

13. maki225

maki225 Member

Just got this yesterday from sir Charlie's store in alabang
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Cmmig

Cmmig PhilMUG Addict Member

15. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

16. vgsison

vgsison Well-Known Member

Just updated to Kitkat 4.4.5

17. empty

empty Active Member

Xiaomi Mi3 order page is now active at Lazada. Limited to 3,000 units of the 16GB Mi3 @ P10,599. :)

18. benzng

benzng Well-Known Member

@empty did you get one? i ordered one to try and compare with my nexus 5

19. gadgetmonger

gadgetmonger PhilMUG Addict Member

Just got my OTA update to 4.4.4 for the Nexus 5. Still no luck with the Nexus 7 LTE though.

20. manerdie

manerdie Active Member

I also got the xiaomi mi3, purchased it at around 12:01, great specs for its price, now time to sell my moto G dual sim...