Mouse / Keyboard freezes in Leopard. Anyone who experienced this?

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by Macmon, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Macmon

Macmon Well-Known Member

I have noted several times that my PowerMac G4 Digital audio with Sonnet 1.8 ghz upgrade suddenly freezes the mouse and keyboard does not respond.
    Saw discussions in
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5841087
    and
    http://fernieville.wordpress.com/2008/02/14/osx-leopard-freezing-keyboardmouse/

Anyone who experienced this and what did you do to solve the problem.

Things I know already and done.
    Leopard is not supported under this type of Powermac but of course others made it work with leopard.
    However, I cant see the reason why it hangs on me and on the rest of those who made it work had no complaints of hanging.
    Removed all PCI cards and just the video card left still in hangs.

Shifted back to Tiger on another hard drive and my unit does not Hang?

Thanks in advance

2. Shinrai

Shinrai Guest

I experienced this very recently. I'm not sure what caused it but from what I read the keyboard and mouse went to sleep while the Mac was awake. I was able to move the mouse but buttons were unresponsive.

The thing that solved it apparently was to sleep the computer and wake it again. I sleep my computer instead of shutting it down.