mophie Juice Pack Air (Case and Rechargeable Battery for iPhone)

Discussion in 'iPod, Apple TV and other Apple-branded entertainm' started by miguel, Nov 8, 2009.

1. miguel

miguel Member

2. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member Supporter

Yeap, you can get them at Digital Hub, Power Mac, and iStudio.

3. rage30

rage30 Member

how much does it cost?

4. mackymd

mackymd Well-Known Member

I think I got mine 3500 if im not mistaken at digital hub v mall

5. rage30

rage30 Member

is the price worth it?

6. mackymd

mackymd Well-Known Member

Well it extends the battery life of my iphone to at most 2 1/2 days if you do not play with it too much.

7. rage30

rage30 Member

ok ill try one. thanks!

8. raze94

raze94 Member

research this a bit more. there have been reports of issues with more dropped calls when the iphone is connected to the air. its 3900 pesos last time i checked.

9. schizont

schizont Member

Not sure if the Juice Pack is the root cause. I have been using once since August and I have not experienced a dropped that I can attribute to the battery.

The major disadvantage of this battery is the bulk and weight. The top cover is fragile, I broke 1. Fortunately Morphie sent replacement top covers :)

10. raze94

raze94 Member

thats also quite common according to carlos aquino. anyway, i held off on the purchase based on his review. i think miguel should check that review on youtube. 3900 bones to drop on this seems a bit high considering. by the way i got a usb charging thing from the 88 peso store that claims to be able to charge any usb device with 2 double A's. ive had it for over a month but i havent tried it yet.

11. MacNotApple

MacNotApple Member

There was an applei.ph member who sold his mophie juice pack because his 3GS was unable to sync with his iTunes because of this but it was able to provide the extra power.

If you have an iPhone 3G or if you're okay with removing it every time you sync, then you should be fine. :)

12. miguel

miguel Member

Thanks for the reply guys :)

13. rage30

rage30 Member

anyone who has tried in 3gs?

14. schizont

schizont Member

I am using my Morphie Juice Pack Air with my iPhone 3GS. I also had a problem with sync if I connect to a non-powered USB hub. I connect to macbook pro's usb directly to fix the sync issue.

#14 schizont, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  15. Eriction

Eriction Member

Am using this both for my iphone 3G unit and 3Gs. No problems at all. Syncs perfectly and battery works great.

16. rage30

rage30 Member

17. Sleepdoc

Sleepdoc Well-Known Member

i also use the mophie with my 3gs. no problems with it syncing. my only complaints about it would be that if a fleck of dust gets caught between the back of the iphone and the mophie, its gonna scratch up the back of your phone, also the front of the iphone is not protected and WILL scratch when placed on a rough surface face side down because the mophie case does not have raised borders.

the way i use my mophie is, i have it in my bag all the time and i use my leather opt case on my iphone pretty much as long as i can. When it looks like i'm gonna run our of juice, i slap the mophie on and i'm good to go for at least a few hours to a day depending on what i'm doing with the phone...

18. pnx

pnx Member

I just got it from ebay for $55.99 (free shipping). I requested for a black one but shipped the white one, and offered a $5 refund for the mistake, total of $50.99. :D

Medyo bulky but I don't mind, I'm always in the office. it's 2000 mAH, unlike the external batt plug-in type na 1000 mAH lang.

Before, I used to plug it sa charger with cables, but hassle to move around kasi nga may cables. Now, with Mili, I can move around and my Iphone3G is always full charged. Then if I'll go out of the office, saka ko lang sya tanggalin sa Mili. BTW, you can't use shields (BSE,Invisibleshield) sa back. I have to remove my BSE para lang magkasya.

Akala ko, scratch prone ito kasi it's shiny. Pero it's been a week, can't find a single scratch.

May question lang ako. sa Iphone, if I recharge it at 80% battery power remaining for 5 times (20% x 5), it's already 1 cycle. and AFAIK it depletes the iphone battery life if it charges more often. But I wonder with the iPhone3G being always FULL charged with Mili external battery being used, will the life of the iPhone3G battery last longer?

19. rage30

rage30 Member

When you mean tatangalin sa mili. do you mean youl remove the cable from the mili or remove the iphone from the mili? Is that available here?

I think the battery will still have its shelf life even if it is always full charge. RE the batt: 20x5 is already 1 cycle.

20. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

I have one..used it with my iPhone 1st gen. Found it pretty useful especially since I was flying a lot last year. Don't use it anymore though since I switched phones..wish Mophie had something similar for the Pre.