Modus Operandi, Holdup, pickpockets etc.

Discussion in 'General OT' started by macsurge730, Feb 4, 2013.

1. dunkfest24

dunkfest24 Member

personal or not damage is the same i think, i'm pretty sure an iphone will cost lots and lots and lots of cases of softdrinks hehe

2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

@linkk How can she think that when there were 4 of us trying to assist her and as far as i can see, all of us were her immediate car neighbors?
    @jbfirefly No HPG personnel man that intersection, only MMDA enforcers and they are on EDSA not the intersection...

3. linkk

linkk Active Member

if a person is in shock or panic mode, she can't think straight right?

4. maRian

maRian Member

Is anyone familiar with this sketchy act: while sitting on Starbucks, a woman approached, asks for what drink you are drinking, then requests for your unstamped receipt claiming to help her identify the drink by showing it to barista, then while queueing to the line, she simply gets off the line, approaches her companion in the table, then they went out of the coffee shop, while still holding the intact receipt on her hand.

I am suspecting maybe she'll re-claim the drink later if I'm out, of course with a 'story' spiel to tell the barista in order to get a free drink - as primarily the barista failed to stamp my receipt that moment when I got my drink - maybe also tell I'm connected to her and she knew me. I also noticed she glanced at the empty table beside me (when she queued the line after), with empty cups still there but no receipt left behind. I looked on to her, following to what she is doing after she gets my receipt, that, she notices as they went out the shop (I'm sitting near at the door), nagpa-simple sya stopping for a moment to see the menu once again and blurted out to her 'children' asking if they are sure they change their mind ordering. I got paranoid thinking if there are sensitive details on the receipt, but thank God I paid cash (not via rewards card). Ha. I even researched some Starbucks scam.

This is the first time I encountered this type of sketchiness. Plus, the woman looks familiar around our vicinity - can't just pinpoint where I saw her before. Is this common or anyone have encountered the same?

5. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm...real-life Gone in 60 Seconds........the Relay Box car theft modus:

With many new vehicles equipped with keyless entry and engine start, this is how easy it is to steal a car.

The relay devices are readily available for about a hundred bucks. Temporary fix is to store your car fob (remote) in a metal-lined box (faraday cage) and/or install a steering wheel lock.

Car models that are susceptible to this hack are:

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/806889/Keyless-entry-car-keys-hack-theft-warning

#325 raypin, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  6. putakti

putakti Active Member

Got robbed inside the MRT in Boni... When the time when the MRT was still working fine.

7. 31gna

31gna Active Member

madami dyan bro. Sinisiksik ka ba by a group of people? encountered multiple instances na ganyan - was waiting all alone when suddenly, pag padating na yung train, 4 or more people will surround you and bump and ipit you from all your sides. Will the multiple "sensations" hindi mo mapapansin nakuhanan ka na ng wallet or cell phone. Fortunately, never ako nakuhanan but I felt many times na may finger sa pocket ko. I usually grab my pockets with wallet and cellphone when riding the mrt.

Sunil_K and macjobber like this.
  8. putakti

putakti Active Member

Hahah.. You described it precisely.

9. raypin

greta87, hitme64 and potpot2 like this.
  10. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^Yan ang Modus Bundol-Bundol Gang...

greta87 and raypin like this.
  11. raypin

Mm...and for the nominees for best acting are:

greta87 likes this.
  12. gogetit

gogetit Active Member

I vote for the taho guy…complete with props: spilled taho. Hahaha!

magnus and raypin like this.
  13. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

just got this on my iPhone:

DF00D27F-2ABA-4B84-82B8-46E8D118A7C6.png

my first time to encounter this. I tapped message below and:

40E2C498-585F-4318-83CC-97EFC4ADE0A1.jpeg
    Be careful folks, dangerous times upon us

Attached Files:

#333 Theus, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    greta87, Sunil_K and raypin like this.