MobileMe Mail Folders

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by rogue, Aug 31, 2008.

1. rogue

rogue Member

I was always under the impression MobileMe was made so you can access ALL your email even from another computer aside from your own Mac.

Am I wrong in assuming this?

I regularly sync to my MobileMe account and last night I wanted to retrieve an email I made through my friends MBP but the MobileMe Mail Website only showed my Inbox contents. Not my Outbox nor my Drafts contents.

Also it only showed contents from my @me.com address and not the emails I received from my gmail account. :slanted:

2. red

red Member

@rogue,

What app did you use in your friends MBP (Mail, Safari)? My Mail app and MobileMe Web Mail have the same contents in all in the Inbox, Drafts, Sent and even a user created folder.

Regarding your Gmail. MobileMe Web mail will only reflect your .Mac or .Me mail. You need to go to Gmail Web to access your Gmail. Your Mail app in your Mac is only a tool to retrieve your POP3, IMAP, MS Exchange emails it does not sync your none .Mac or .Me email with MobileMe Web.

Cheers!

3. rogue

rogue Member

thanks red.

i used Safari in my friend's MBP. logged into me.com. my inbox was ok with all my .me and .mac emails but my Drafts and Sent boxes were empty, whereas, in my Mail App in my MBP, they have contents. :-(

4. red

red Member

That happened to me a few weeks ago. It may just be a sync problem.

5. elbert

elbert Active Member

I just checked mine now. All my folders are there (Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Junk, Outbox), as well as all 10 folders I created.

Must be a glitch. If not, this could be your ticket to more free months of MobilMe service. haha