MobileMe - A potential buyer's questions

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by rafaelc378, Sep 19, 2008.

1. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

Hey folks,

I bought my MacBook this past March and I took part in the 60 day trial of .mac. I liked the features and was considering buying it. However, the Keynote occurred that introduced MobileMe. After hearing of some of the problems it was having in its initial months, I held out buying it.

Now that it's several months down the road, I'd like to as my fellow PhilMUGers who have MobileMe subscriptions their thoughts on the service. What are your likes and dislikes? For those of you who were .mac subscribers what do you like and dislike about MobileMe compared to .mac.

I'm going to sign up for the 60 day trial of MobileMe, but I'd like to hear all of your thoughts about it as well.

Thanks a lot everyone.

2. deepblue

deepblue Active Member

i let my .mac trial die a natural death before. now with mobileme, am on the trial again but i'm definitely paying for the service when the 60-day period ends.

i use several macs and phones, and i really find the "cloud" sync very useful. there are alternatives for this, and some are even free. but this simply works and looks great. :) the .me email is cool, and idisk really convenient.

good luck. (go for it.)

3. opd

opd Active Member

just tried Mobile Me's large file sharing feature - this is a great new tool!

from within your web browser while logged in, select a file on your idisk. Choose to share it, whether the file sharing has an expiration date and/or password, enter the email addresses to send the link to and you're done.

Soooooo convenient to send people humongous files

4. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

MobileMe is great! It is user friendly and I have done so much with it!

5. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

If you have at least 2 apple devices which sync with mobileme (a Mac and iPhone, or 2 Macs, etc.), it's very much worth it. The large file sharing feature is also very convenient. Come to think of it, it's just around P400 monthly. That's like holding out for one movie + snacks.

6. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

Just an update folks. I never got Mobile Me.

No need to give suggestions or thoughts anymore to me. But thanks anyway. :)

Will the Software/iApps Mod or a SuperMod/Admin please close this thread. Thanks.

7. rdy0329

So you won't even give it a try? Sayang...

8. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

@rdy0329:

I don't really need it now. Once I move to the States and get me an iPhone in addition to my Mac (and my gf comes with me with her Mac), I'll most likely get it. Right now, I don't really need it and I'm fine for now without it.

9. rdy0329

Ok, :D. Well if you have questions if you indeed get it, then I'd be glad to point out the answers.