Mix Martial Arts (MMA) Upcoming Fights

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by psymd1, May 8, 2008.

1. shifty_md

shifty_md PhilMUG Addict Member

Really hard to be a fan of Bones esp whenever each time he succumbs back to his personal demons. But yeah when he's in the Octagon, man he's just one of, if not the best.

Roman likes this.
  2. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

UFC's not exclusive anymore to any cable tv provider. Fox+ is the new home of the UFC.

3. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Hmm. I thought they just ended their deal with Fox. I’m currently watching Cejudo vs Dillashaw at UFC Fight Pass. It’s no longer called UFC on Fox, it’s now UFC@ESPN.

4. Roman

Roman Moderator
    Staff Member

^I'm no expert but my I feel that the fight might have been stopped a little too soon. Dillashaw was hurt yes but looks like he was still fighting back. Hope he gets a rematch at 135.

greta87 likes this.
  5. kinse_44

What I meant is that here in the Philippines, UFC programming is no longer exclusive to a cable provider. Before it was with SkyCable's Balls Channel, then Cignal got the rights shown on Hyper until the end of 2018. Now UFC is available on Fox+, the on-demand streaming service provided by Fox Asia.

leninmac likes this.
  6. leninmac

Oh ok. I'm a cable cutter. I watch UFC fights at Fight Pass.

7. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

me too. I thought it was a little premature. but good on Cejudo for offering to a quick rematch.

Roman likes this.
  8. leninmac

Hmm. He did went limp twice. But considering it was a championship match the ref. should have given him a chance to recover. Remember Edgar vs Maynard Part 1, Edgar was hurt badly several times during the first round. Ref. didn't stop the fight, Edgar rallied the succeeding rounds, and the bout ended up a Draw.

Roman likes this.
  9. kinse_44

I’m for the stoppage. TJ was getting tagged cleanly by Henry. The referee won’t hesitate stopping the fight if you’re eating numerous strikes easily.

Hopefully UFC limits these champion vs champion 2 division fights. Let each division shine with their respective champions.

10. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Just saw it, same here, when I watched in slow-mo, I'm for the stoppage. After the initial strike that dropped him, he ate 7 punches to the side of the head, that are still pretty packed with power since it's just less than a minute into the round/fight. The other strikes that made him go limp, that was the clincher. Yeah, that's good enough, though most of us are still from the time we'd see guys just totally go out, nowadays, it's a bit different. TJ's got a lot of mileage already, that was a good stoppage for him, career-wise.

11. leninmac

I'm looking forward to the rematch at Bantamweight. Seems like UFC will be dissolving the Flyweight division. They have already traded the GOAT at Flyweight Demetrious Johnson to One FC.

12. leninmac

Hmm. Watched it again. Yup. It was an early stoppage. Compare it to the first bout, the Teixera / Roberson bout. Texiera went limp due to multiple elbows to the head. He was able to recover, had full mount and submitted Roberson via triangle choke arm triangle in the first round. That’s how quick the momentum can change in an MMA fight. Teixeira’s a beast.

wulf likes this.
  13. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

I, for one, would not have minded letting TJ eat a few more punches.

leninmac likes this.
  14. Jagd

Jagd New Member

So, Jon Jones is just gonna have a free pass every time he pops for that same metabolite? What a s**tshow.

greta87 likes this.
  15. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Fedor should retire, I think. Looks like his chin is really softened up already

16. shifty_md

shifty_md PhilMUG Addict Member

Age has really caught up with the Last Emperor, and I think it's really time for him to call it quits. He has nothing left to prove and in my book, he's the best, if not among the three best, mixed martial artists of all time.

max_Moon likes this.
  17. leninmac

He should have retired years ago when he got KOd by Hendo. He's 8-2 in his last 10 fights but that's a bit misleading because in that stretch he fought unknowns and has beens.

18. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

So sad for Cain.

"What if Cain Velasquez had remained healthy?" is gonna be a topic that'll be discussed for years in MMA enthusiast circles.

Ngannou is a terrifying puncher. So much power generated in that short uppercut that put away Velasquez.

19. kinse_44

It really was unfortunate for Cain that he injured his knee. I was looking forward to his comeback.

20. leninmac

Too bad. Seems like Cain’s damage goods. Wow that Luque-Barbarena Fight, Classic. As Jim Ross puts it, it was a slobber knocker. Good to see a Gracie having success in the UFC. The last 2 Gracies to compete in the UFC, Rolles and Roger were complete disappointments. Renan Barao should retire or go to the minor leagues. Maybe One FC or one of those regional organizations. I’m not even sure if he’ll be successfully in Bellator.