Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint apps are FREE!

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by Kenneth, Nov 6, 2014.

1. ste@lth

ste@lth Well-Known Member

I also bet you can also talk to your school admin if they can shoulder or share with you the cost.

2. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

^I was thinking if tthe same thing initially.

At home, I use my office's 365 (same with my wife).

My sister and my daughter use their student account which is linked to their student account

3. Qin Zhi

Qin Zhi Well-Known Member

^ @jbfirefly: those are all blatantly pirated—the prices speak for themselves. May I therefore respectfully request that you delete the above post, as it has the tendency to promote pirated software and therefore violates our forum rules. Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation. :)

FYI. If you’re wondering how sure am I that such are pirated—I’m 100% certain. I’m quite familiar with how these work as I’m a lawyer working for a leading IP law firm in China. Microsoft is our client and I happen to be part of the legal team handling Microsoft’s anti-piracy litigations and matters in China (where piracy is rife—and where most of such pirated product keys are generated).

#23 Qin Zhi, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  4. vic2rp

vic2rp Active Member

^^ From what I understand based on their website, they are selling legit office365 account but it is associated or connected to an enterprise/corporate account. Maybe that's why, you can't create your own preferred account name.

rsa likes this.
  5. Qin Zhi

They're fake, believe me. If those accounts are really connected to an enterprise/corporate account, how come they have enough supply that you can buy hundreds of lifetime Office 365 subscriptions? Even Microsoft doesn't offer a one-time lifetime Office 365 subscription--more so at ₱ 1,880 and for 5 users--indeed a steal in the literal--and not figurative--sense of the word. On a per-user basis, corporate accounts are, in fact, more expensive than those for home or personal use.

#25 Qin Zhi, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    raypin and penmanila like this.
  6. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Thanks for the clarification, @Qin Zhi.

Ok folks, no more discussions related to productkey.ph and/or piracy. :)

7. jbfirefly

jbfirefly Active Member

First of all sorry about that. If you notice I was just asking if any one has tried it and not trying to promote it. I have already deleted the post and just want to clear this because I would look like I was promoting this if people only read your post without my deleted post The reason I did ask was because they seem to be legit based on what I read on their website and second if this were really illegal why hasn’t microsoft closed them down already. Anyway this will be my last post on this.

Roman likes this.
  8. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

How about the lifetime subs being sold in lazada for 180.00?
    Are they legit?
    I bought one and log in to msoffice and everything went smoothly.

9. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Short answer: NO.

Long answer: That is mis-licensing. There's a licensing model specifically used for academe (ie. schools, universities, etc.) wherein they can legitimately purchase O365 licenses from a Microsoft partner only for all their full-time of part-time staff (teachers, administrators, etc.) at regular price. In turn, O365 licenses for ALL students studying in that school are FREE.

Those sellers on Lazada are taking advantage of that or similar licensing scheme. Don't be surprised if your subscription is abruptly terminated once Microsoft gets wind of it.

The best approach is to just buy Office 365 Home from the MS website. It's good for up to 6 members of your family for just $100 per year.

potpot2 and Qin Zhi like this.
  10. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

So, it is illegal then?
    And lazada is aiding and abetting, is that the right term?

11. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

In short, yes.

potpot2 and oj88 like this.
  12. Qin Zhi

Moreover, each of those 6 family members can even use Office on up to 5 computers (either PC or Mac) simultaneously. So if you have a family of 6, and each member has 5 computers, that's 30 computers for just ₱3,840/year. For a family of 6, per person that's just ₱640/year, ₱53/mo. or ₱1.75/day--assuming that he/she only has one computer. If, like me, that family member uses Office on 3 computers, that's just a measly ₱0.58/day (and even ₱0.35/day if 5 computers). Frankly, legit MS Office has never been this cheap. I really see no reason why anyone should still pirate it.

Fyi. One place where you can get legit Office 365 for a much cheaper price is also here in China. Microsoft China sells Office 365 Home for only CN¥498 (about ₱3,840 or US$72), so it's like 20% cheaper than in the Ph and 28% cheaper than in the US. You get the same Office, and not just the Chinese version, as you get to pick your preferred language during setup. The only catch is the Microsoft China store is only in Chinese, so purchasing is a bit of a hassle if you can't read Chinese.

#32 Qin Zhi, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    catalysmic, potpot2 and raypin like this.
  13. Qin Zhi

That "mislicensing" you mentioned is actually the best case scenario. However, if what you're getting is a product key for Office 365 Home (i.e. with 6 users), these are not just mislicensed academic or business accounts--it's likely there's a more sinister scheme behind it. Here in China, more often than not, the criminals behind these use hacked or stolen credit card info to purchase Windows or Office 365 licenses from the Microsoft Store, and they sell the product keys online. Thus, the reason they work is because these product keys really originated from Microsoft--albeit acquired through fraudulent credit card transactions. Before, these criminal were just selling in Chinese online stores, but now they've branched out to Amazon.com and are even selling in the Ph as well.

#33 Qin Zhi, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    potpot2 and raypin like this.
  14. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mmm...just buy direct from Microsoft PH website. I know it is expensive but at least you are not contributing to software piracy. If you really can’t afford to pay Microsoft because you can’t give up your weekly Starbucks mochachino frappe whatever, use the free on-line Office. Yes, it is free and all you need is an internet connection and a Microsoft account (free sign-up). It is basic Office and it does not cost you anything. Applicable for devices larger than mobile phones and the small tablets.

https://products.office.com/en/office-online/documents-spreadsheets-presentations-office-online

catalysmic, potpot2 and Qin Zhi like this.
  15. milyonaryo

milyonaryo New Member

reiterating this thread.. where can i buy those authentic ones except online? mine is '15 MBP.

16. Qin Zhi

You can go to any outlet of Villman. Check www.villman.com for the locations of their stores.

17. raypin

Mmm....what the bricks n mortar sell is just the software license (big retail box, piece of paper inside with the code). Office still needs to be downloaded and then authenticated. So, better off just ordering it from Microsoft PH and save yourself the hassle of traffic. No one uses optical drives anymore.

Octagon (SM Malls) sells Office.

MharDelaCruz and Qin Zhi like this.
  18. milyonaryo

milyonaryo New Member

19. raypin

Mm...FAKE. Pirated stuff. It is obvious: two hamburgers = lifetime use with zero monthly with 5 TB storage with OneDrive. Wow.......bargain! Ano yan binebenta ng Microsoft? Hopia?

Use your common sense.

#39 raypin, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Qin Zhi likes this.
  20. MharDelaCruz

MharDelaCruz Active Member

Or try the Home Use Program.. It is a one time installation and not subscription base