microsoft access

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by no_read_no_write, Nov 21, 2007.

1. no_read_no_write

hi, any expert mac user who has or know what application/software that can open, edit, run microsoft access without any modification?

ie. the counter part of windows microsoft access.

windows= microsoft word, excel
    mac= has office 2004

tried open office but it won't work

2. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

You can install windows via bootcamp then install microsoft office with access there. You can also use Excel for mac with this ODBC driver to access your MDB data.

#2 lamski, Nov 21, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  3. no_read_no_write

umm... thanks but i don't want to run windows via bootcamp etc... i just want to work with microsoft access with a mac ...

like working with excel or word without having to do anything special since there is already a mac counter part program for it :) any for microsoft access?

4. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

5. no_read_no_write

thanks... but hmm i am rather looking for a stand alone product, like when you create a word document in mac you can open it in windows and vice versa.

the link posted umm rather only retrieves/import data from a microsoft access, it does not let you make your own tables, querries, reports ....

6. alistair

alistair Member

Frankly, personally I think that's because you really should ditch Access.

Access is a 'toy' database that was supposed to make it easy to create tables, queries, reports and prototype applications. Unfortunately, people took that to mean they should store important data and run production applications on Access.

FileMaker Pro (the long time Mac 'user-friendly database') can't import Access directly, but you can export data from Access into a format that FMP can import.

7. no_read_no_write

thanks but i can not ditch access since i'm not the one who's using it... if i can get a counter part of it i can encourage some of my friends to switch to mac:p

umm they like to "toy" with access so i can't force them to use filemaker other than that find a program that can work with access

8. badw33d

badw33d Member

so far i don't think theres a ms access for mac, its final cut projects but want it final cut version for windows.