Mexican Food? Restos?

Discussion in 'Food' started by Ramon, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Ramon

Ramon Member

I've been craving for a big and juicy authentic mexican burrito, anyone have any recommendations on mouth watering restos that serve killer burritos?

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

only a few, good mexican places.......I like Cantina (fulfilling fillings) , Mexicali (not too salty, choice of toppings) and Taco Bell (fresh taste and good sauce).

Cantina is adjacent to Starbucks Katipunan and is a favorite hangout of the smoke and drink Atenean crowd. Mexicali is in megamall and Promenade in Greenhills while Taco Bell is in the food court and ground level of Gateway mall. I make the rounds whenever I can because a good burrito is a meal by itself and it sure beats a burger/fries anytime of the day or night. There used to be a really good mexican place owned by a mexican lady in Greenbelt and Shangrila Mall. They serve excellent burritos and the hot sauce is made on the spot, but its defunct.

I tried agave in Eastwood. Didn't like it at all.

bon appetit

#2 raypin, Jul 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  3. numbdensity

numbdensity Member

You could also try Chilly willies located at the side of robinsons pioneer... I dont know if they are serving killer burritos though :)

4. Ramon

Ramon Member

mexicali is still alive? man, last time i had a burrito from there was about 12 years ago. Dont really like the taco bell here, its not the same.

Any restos down south? besides Miggys.

5. numbdensity

numbdensity Member

If i may add, mexicalli has a branch in robinsons galleria as well. Its a small, cozy branch near the unloading area...

6. fatalresponse

fatalresponse Member

The steak burrito at Mexicali is still my favorite among the local Mexican food restaurants. They also have a branch near the cinema at Trinoma.

I recalled having excellent Mexican food (eons ago) at this place in San Antonio, Texas. It was at the La Margarita restaurant. They have good burritos at this place too, and is definitely a place to check out if you drop by the area.

7. ditoy_eagle

ditoy_eagle Well-Known Member

The Grilled stuffit steak burrito in Taco Bell is still the best for me. Cheese burrito in Mexicali's is second.

8. Ramon

Ramon Member

Just wanted to add, if anyone is in Boston, MA. Check out Anna's taqueria! the best burrito in the world (for me that is).. :)

9. goriou812

goriou812 Member

My vote goes to Mexicali as well

10. Cara_mia

Cara_mia Member

I love Taco Bell's grilled stuft steak burrito. Mexicali's burritos, too.

11. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

Mexicali and Cantina have the best burritos IMO. Also love Mexiacali's enchiladas and chimichangas. I have yet to enjoy a meal in Taco Bell. Have eaten there three times, always ordere different dishes, always been terribly disappointed. So I wasn't surprised when the branch fronting St. Luke's Medical Center closed down barely a year after it opened. Hardly anyone ate there at all.

12. Kelvin

Kelvin Active Member

There's actually a small Mexicali near Polaris St. in Makati. If you're familiar with Handle Bar, it's on the street right before you reach that place.

13. lawrencebosox45

lawrencebosox45 Active Member

mexicali is great... my days would be regimented before when i was in manila...

thursday/friday was pizza day (delivery from yellowcab)

and sunday would be delivery from mexicali

14. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

i like mexicalli, my friends don't so i always find myself alone when i crave mexican

15. maxx

maxx Member

Now why did I read through this thread? I'm craving for Qdoba tuloy, ang layo pa naman (nasa states). Can't wait to try Cantina! This thread triggered my cravings for Mexican food! I'm raring to fly to Manila tuloy!

#15 maxx, Jul 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  16. bluedragonph

bluedragonph Active Member

I also like Mexicali. During lent they have this great tasting fish burrito. You can also choose to have whole wheat burrito.

17. raypin

mexicali is still around and kickin'. The quality has remained constant over the years. I usually order the california sized roast pork burrito with chilis on the side and extra
    sour cream. One good thing about mexicali megammal is it is within a wifi zone for AA subscribers. Sjo the next time you see a fat guy eating a supersized burrito while typing a
    bunch on an MBA, that would be me!

18. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

There's Mexicali too in RCBC Plaza in Makati… I just love the cheese quesadilla at Taco Bell for a quick and light snack. On Friday nights, it's usually Mexican if not Spanish buffet dinner at Palms Country Club.

19. ncarandang

ncarandang Active Member

there's also one in burgos, makati avenue.

20. raypin

have you tried the tatoes with sour cream of Taco Bell? sarap.