Metro Manila Traffic

Discussion in 'General OT' started by johannes, Jan 10, 2016.

1. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

A mass transit system based on Tokyo's would be a better option.

More roads would induce auto sales and localized air pollution

I'd want 9 out of 10 passenger traffic be through any & all form of rail

2. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

people will buy cars with or without Parex

I personally can name friends who bought condos because travelling daily to and from Rizal is just not possible.

months later (in 2020-2021) they bought bikes so they can visit family and friends during weekends, later bought another car in Rizal as they can't use their bikes when it rains...

that's an extra-2 vehicles thanks to traffic. and during the days when they are not in Rizal, a family member borrows the extra car!

people will buy cars with or without Parex

House->Car->Leather and Watches - biggest purchases in one's life

I've said it a million times. Tokyo, Singapore & HK have excellent mass transport. But people still buy cars once they can afford it.

macdiver likes this.
  3. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

You’re most likely correct however in the Philippines people started buying cars even if they can’t afford it haha. In my opinion a safe, efficient and affordable mass public transport should take greater priority from the government regardless.

4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..I blame bank promos with low down payment and low monthly.

Juice likes this.
  5. ice

developing countries mean we have a lot of public transport options.

my colleagues who are required to report to the office everyday take a carpool they found on FB to work. the "car" uses NLEX and SS3 which allows them to go home to Bulacan and Pampanga everyday.

PAREX will also allow a more convenient commute to those who take a UV express to work

Yes, a train/subway is nice. but if given the choice, we will still prefer to take a Taxi or Grab.

Do you think the top developers will spend their own $$$ to build a new train?
    Or is it even fair to the provinces if our Gov't spends billions on a new train in Metro Manila?

Whenever I hear complains about a new skyway, I always ask them to think about people inside ambulances. is taking a train an option to someone inside an ambulance? or would the patient be happier if the ambulance took a toll road like the Skyway.

6. ice

most low down/monthly promos come from in-house financing with a crazy high interest rate

7. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

Odds of private car purchase diminishes when mass transit improves especially when over 84% of households have an income of less than 0.5m/year.

When ownership becomes a luxury than a necessity then vehicle ownership will slow down

8. ice

sorry. again Pinoy tayo. and as I mentioned earlier (here and other forums/discussions).
    House->Car->Leather - this is where Pinoy savings go

I personally know people (not just 1 or 2) who bought a condo because of the unbearable Manila traffic (they are all from the East)
    Their bright solution to solve their traffic issues during their weekend trip to the East, buy a bike
    Later they realized that they cannot use their motorbikes when meeting up with friends (especially when its too hot or raining). so they bought another car parked in their parent's house in the East!

Now, Mondays to Fridays, a relative is using the "extra" car to go around the city!

Instead of just 1 car/person, thanks to traffic, 1 person bought an extra 2 vehicles!

If Parex was there which would have allowed them to travel from East to BGC everyday, they don't need to purchase a condo, a bike and another car!
    (same case for people I know who are from Bulacan, their condos are presently vacant)

as harsh at it sounds. we want the next person to take the public transport so traffic will clear up for us.

9. ice

10. ice

11. ice

12. ice

More fourth-generation LRT-1 trains land on our shores | Visor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

raypin likes this.
  13. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

for the price of skyway extension fee, wonder will its a train for the rich as condo planning price outside Manila is already almost par with Manila, it just jack up the price of those outside Metro project and not lowering the price of properties in the Metro with affordable condos,

14. ice

what are the current "coding" hours of Makati?

15. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm….from what I remember (read it a couple of months ago), Makati imposes a 7 am to 8 pm coding hours. For weekends and holidays, no coding. If vehicle has 2 or more people, exempted is granted.