Metro Manila Traffic

Discussion in 'General OT' started by johannes, Jan 10, 2016.

1. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Nice! 1 car that uses any one of these, is 1 car less from Edsa!

raypin likes this.
  2. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm…Ortigas BGC bridge soft opening. 8 minutes ortigas center to 8th ave bgc. Should be less once the 8th ave off ramp is completed. Good job. More action, less talk.

Godfather and bugs like this.
  4. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

EDSA Traffic is back to its pre-pandemic hellscape. The volume of cars is staggering, and most schools are still closed / doing online learning / going on vacation. Can't imagine the devil's asshole that EDSA will be when in-person school starts.

Traffic was still tolerable early last week, but around Wednesday, it began taking 1.5 hours Makati to QC in the morning, and 2 hours to get from QC to Makati at 5 pm. Where did all these additional volume of cars suddenly come from? Like termites coming out of the woodwork.

I think people have gotten comfy with the 7,000 per day of new infections, and are going to malls and restaurants like normal times. They've allowed gyms to open with no restrictions, so I guess we're back to normal folks.

SE20 likes this.
  5. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Also noticed the increase in traffic. I personally think it's because there's still no number coding so all cars can go out whenever they want. Where everyone's going, I have no idea.

antski, SE20 and Godfather like this.
  6. ice

I'm not blaming the number coding as I still believe its one of the causes of our traffic

But some people are reporting to work, while others have meetings to attend.

7. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

1A61CCCE-14F4-4E30-B67B-774EFDA42199.jpeg

But na solve na daw! Hehe

BTT: Aside from complacency, I think factor would also be those that got injected already & that vaccinated seniors are now allowed to go out. That’s why it seem it’s almost like back to normal again. When SS3 starts to collect tolls, traffic would be worse again in Edsa.

#1267 bugs, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    Roman, max_Moon and Godfather like this.
  8. raypin

mm…reclaim the bike lane. Reimpose coding.

Godfather likes this.
  9. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

Wow, 2 hours. Where from in QC? My brother and I have to be at PSE BGC tomorrow 4pm and we're coming from around Fairview. Would a 2-hour drive suffice? Waze's planned drive feature says we should leave at around 2:50 to 3PM but I'm thinking of doubling that and leave by 2pm. Should we take EDSA or C5? This is the first time that I'm gonna drive to BGC. o_O

10. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Balintawak Ayala Cloverleaf QC to Ayala Avenue

It took me more than 2 hours last Friday. From 5:00 to 7:30 pm.

Better leave early chief.

neilrg likes this.
  11. ice

raypin likes this.
  12. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

Ah last Friday was crazy!

We left early at 2pm and we were at PSE by 3:30 so it was not so bad today.

Godfather likes this.
  13. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

Does anyone know of any country that uses cable cars for non-tourist transportation?

I'd love a mass transit rail-based transport system that would absorb 100% of today's riding public so by a decade's time it would absorb about 80% of future riding public's requirements.

We do not need more roads in NCR & surrounding provinces but we need more rail

14. manager

manager Active Member

raypin likes this.
  15. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

16. raypin

Mm…I like the gondola/cable car system for short routes. It can also be adopted in traffic-choked places like Baguio City.

It is feasible. Mexicable operates in Mexico (since 2018).

Easy to build, minimal disruption caused by construction, minimal footprint, low cost compared to rail, ideal for short but traffic-dense corridors.

manager likes this.
  17. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

EDSA solved, yes if you know how to avoid EDSA, solved ka na

18. Nisroc88

Nisroc88 Active Member

How’s the new bridge connecting BGC and Pasig-Kapitolyo? Has anyone taken a joyride thru it already?

I’m also looking forward to the opening of Rockwell-Mandaluyong bridge. Off course there are bottlenecks expected- I mean the bridge is supposed to be 2 lanes each way, right? The street at Mandaluyong side (Barangka Drive) is 2 lanes LESS half a lane for bicycles. Wonder how that’s gonna work out? Well, the bike lanes are just paint anyway.

19. ice

20. 31gna

31gna Active Member

passed by it 2x already last week as I work in the ortigas area and live in paranaque. Bottlenecks at the entrance/kapitolyo side at well as on the other side (kalayaan), well on the kalayaan side since it is the only exit right now and the one going to BGC is still not open. There's also a lot of traffic on Kalayaan, on the days I passed by so my total travel time was almost the same (my options then going home were either thru Edsa or Pasig blvd to C5).

As much as these new infra our welcome development, I still see lack of planning - or in this cases we still see new roads, bridges that are 1-2 lanes, even new foot bridges, stair wells, sidewalks at are too cramped. In a matter of years, with our rate of growth, those will not be enough. Trapik ulit. The new skyway being built over alabang is another example. I used to live there and still have relatives living in the area and still travel there regularly. Kulang talaga sa planning yung ginawang 1 lane each going each side, tapos after ilang years they built a new one on the extreme side of road. Sa dami ng poste ngayon sa baba net effect is an additional or 1-2 langs lang (im my perspective :) ).