Metro Manila Traffic

Discussion in 'General OT' started by johannes, Jan 10, 2016.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^Just to prove that point, here's what it looked like yesterday (from our friends at TGP)...
    holy-week-main15.jpg holy-week-main31.jpg holy-week-main32.jpg holy-week-main33.jpg

2. supahdende

supahdende Well-Known Member

Magallanes to SM north via EDSA in 20 minutes!!! Now that is heaven.

This is from one who drives daily back and forth from SM North to Makati using a vehicle with a manual tranny. The feeling is sureal. The experience of 80km/h at EDSA end to end is a dream come true.

I really really hope that the MRT gets fixed by the next president.

#102 supahdende, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    Sunil_K, greta87 and hitme64 like this.
  3. tapnclick1940

tapnclick1940 PhilMUG Addict Member

Sama din ang AFP and PNP to handle those who will try to cross the blockade :)

Back OT: Metro Manila these past few days was a motorist's paradise. I'm glad I decided to stay here. Today's traffic was pretty light too.

hitme64 and Sunil_K like this.
  4. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

TomTom Traffic Index Finds Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York Most Traffic-Jammed Cities in the U.S. | Business Wire

IMO, this is why the stand-alone GPS is dying... They just can't provide information in real time!

hitme64 likes this.
  5. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

i've been stuck in rush hour traffic in 4 of the 10 cities in the global list. had awful experiences as well in San Francisco & New York but nothing beats metro manila traffic for me. And I think Metro Manila should be in that list, if not in the top 5. The TomTom index probably just takes into account the amount of time it takes to travel from point A to point B, but it does not consider the quality (or the lack thereof) of the time you spend while making the commute. The actual travel time in Manila might be 'better' than those cities that made it to the list, but the added stress caused by undisciplined drivers (kamikaze-like counter flowing/not giving way when merging traffic/parking in no waiting/parking zones/cutting into lanes, etc.) for private & public vehicles; not to mention our unusual collection of transport vehicles allowed to ply the streets (motorbikes, jeepneys, dilapidated buses, tricycles, pedicabs, kariton, calesa, 16 wheelers in the heart of the city, etc.) & of course, good for nothing traffic enforcers make our daily travel routine hell on earth. I don;t think this TomTom travel index considers these factors. I'm certain that if these factors are considered, Metro Manila traffic would easily be in the top 5.

#105 greta87, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  6. tapnclick1940

Exactly. My formula is simple: how much time do you spend in travelling 1 km? Then average that. (Probably needs to take into account our average blood pressure too)

Metro Manila not being on that list hurts my Pinoy Pride

Godfather and hitme64 like this.
  7. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mmmm.....which is why I mellow out with good music. Just nothin' we can do except grin and bear it. Knock, Knock. Who's there? Poe. Sinong Poe? The first American female President. Hillary, eat your heart out. lol!

Godfather, greta87 and hitme64 like this.
  8. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

What's worse than being stuck in traffic?

Being stuck behind the campaign van blaring jingles of Poe...

Worst. Traffic. Jam.

9. ice

This is another interesting app... And might actually work...

Metro Manila next for carpooling app | Business World

I really hope "Ridesharing Apps" would start looking at Manila...

Maybe Pacita (Laguna) to Makati/Manila
    And QC/Masinag to Manila

#109 ice, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  10. ice

Hahaha... Happened to me a long time ago in Espana... Fred Lim's van!

hitme64 likes this.
  11. pels_17

pels_17 Well-Known Member

12. raypin

mmm...pareho meron fault but the Toyota driver fled the scene of an accident. Nag stop nga siya pero it is his/her responsibility to make sure that he/she can make the crossing in a safe manner. Hindi naman yata 4-way stop, so the Toyota driver must yield to traffic. On the part of the motorcycle driver naman, mukhang mabilis takbo niya and he did not appear to brake or take evasive action. He did not exercise last-clear chance. Most of the fault lies with the car driver. Naka-aksidenta na nga siya, tumakbo pa. Ba't tumakbo siya? Walang insurance? lol!

#112 raypin, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  13. pels_17

pels_17 Well-Known Member

typical excuse, "baka bugbugin ako ng mga tao" (n)

14. raypin

mmm....I can understand that line of thinking. But the least he could have done was to go to the nearest police station to report the accident and to seek protection from the madlang pipol na gusto gawin siyang punching bag. Pero sa vid, mukhang wala naman "clear and present danger." Mukhang di niya ginawa, so the intent is clear. Flee and evade responsibility. Malas lang niya na me video.

15. runner10

runner10 Member

Good thing is was not behind a BINAY campaign van. Anyone but Binay!!
    Pot@ imagine hearing his jingle non-stop. "Only binay, only binay. Sino pa ba? Only binay."

danlincoln likes this.
  16. sher_amf

sher_amf Member

17. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

18. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

19. ice

Sorry for the OT...

Don't you just find it sad that this generation has bought more cars than any other previous generations...

At the same time, we have the most un-educated drivers on the road...

I can even name friends/colleague who purchased a car after learning to drive thanks to a friend/un-employed uncle... Seriously, I feel like they only know that "D" moves forward and "R" is reverse... No idea what "D2" and "D3" are!!!

I've seen posts on my FB this past few months/weeks.

One is from Topgear.ph where the car with a dashcam didn't give way to an overtaking bus...

Another post from "a friend's friend" had the same complain towards another vehicle...

Didn't anyone teach these kids (sorry there goes my age) that you should always give way to overtaking vehicles?

20. tapnclick1940

This is because every SOB can just easily walk into the LTO, pay a little amount of money, and walk out with a driving license.