Metro Manila Traffic

Discussion in 'General OT' started by johannes, Jan 10, 2016.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...that is unsurprising. Wait until they take away 2 lanes from Edsa to accomodate bicycles as per their plans.

Godfather likes this.
  2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

I want to see them open up lanes for bikes, e-scooters, skateboards...and maybe, a little Farrah Fawcett perhaps?
    1C0645DF-F211-4A10-A3EF-55FD1B417750.jpeg

abielbad, Godfather and Sunil_K like this.
  3. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

OT, my lockdown hair is starting to look like Farrah's...
    Ok, back to regular programming..

4. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

Took wife to office in Pasig. We left Las Pinas 10:30AM & got to Shangri-La by 11:30. I noticed that on some portions along EDSA, barriers are already in place for ‘dedicated lanes’.

Getting back was faster when I took NAIAX. EDSA-NAIAX-Coastal-Riverdrive (to avoid Alabang-Zapote Road). Took me 45mins to get home.

I drove during ‘patay na oras’ but I somehow still expected bad traffic both ways.

Godfather likes this.
  5. hitme64

Surprisingly, MRT was nearly empty, without the chaotic stream of passengers, and at this hour (10AM), quiet. I joined an NTF inspection team until Pasay and back and I was seated the whole time as was everybody else who rode. Meanwhile, EDSA was jampacked with cars, people were in the usual bus stops despite notices only P2P buses were plying the routes, and taxis were making a killing. Apparently, commuters shunned MRT because they expected the same chaotic situations before and took their chances on the road. I am pretty sure today will be the other way around. And I’m going to stay put for now. Bahala na gang sa inspeksyon.

raypin and Godfather like this.
  6. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

7. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

If it looks like Farrah's hair, at least it has body. Mine looks like Boris Johnson's hair. It's not even grey anymore, it's all white.

How's traffic around Makati btw?

Sunil_K and hitme64 like this.
  8. hitme64

The worse.

Welcome to the new normal in traffic absurdity.

Juice and raypin like this.
  9. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

The new inner left lane for buses will now be used in conjunction with the traditional rightmost lanes for buses, further squeezing private cars into the middle lanes. But wait, there's more. The rightmost lane buses will also be crossing over to the new inner lanes via the private lanes in a zigzag pattern that will surely not cause tangles in the already congested private lanes.

Edsa ‘transformation’ now comes with loops, ‘carousel’

Ewan ko sa inyo. This is what happens when you don't have a plan. Also what happens when the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

In other news, MMDA wants all buses to convert doors to the left side.

MMDA wants placement of bus doors to left side to avoid accidents on Edsa

This, despite the above article stating that they will be using both the rightmost and leftmost lanes to pickup and disembark passengers.

This is ineptitude at its finest, folks.

Traffic on EDSA is already at its historical awfulness, and we are still on GCQ with restricted movements. When GCQ is lifted, and the malling masses descend on EDSA, traffic will be so thick and gnarled, it will become slower than a standstill.

It's a phenomenon that will baffle physicists for years.

Sunil_K likes this.
  10. hitme64

Surprisingly, getting out of Metro Manila (to the North) is a breeze compared to pre-lockdown. We did a get-and-go drive until the border of La Union and back on a busy Monday supposedly. Even our return was rather zippier despite bumper-to-bumper traffic after Libis-Baesa up until QC. Total time was 6.30 hrs.

11. pepspeps

pepspeps Active Member

*Ortigas/Rosario Flyover is looking at you...*

I support the plan to have a BRT system in EDSA. However, I'm just laughing with myself when I got to experience the Pantintero game in this area with the buses and military trucks last week. :facepalm:

12. ice

the plan looks good on paper. And it should solve our problem of loading and unloading of passengers.

I haven't seen it... pero sana.

1. they tried it with vehicles where the passenger can go in and out from the back of the vehicle. (We can't convert buses for trial)
    2. are the bus stops under MRT stations? then why not take the MRT instead?
    3. are the buses still owned by multiple companies? then same boundary system will be an issue

13. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...idea: instead of requiring buses to install left door, why not just switch places. Yung north bound buses will counterflow on the south bound bus lanes and vice versa. Passengers can now load or unload properly and safely, as normal. Protected naman ng concrete barriers yung bagong bus lanes sa khahabaan ng edsa.

#1073 raypin, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  14. hitme64

^I have seen some buses use their left bay doors already to load and unload passengers. It seemed the most orderly thing to do. What ticks me most is the number of idiots who use the left yellow lanes just to get off traffic. There was this senior citizen who apparently moved one of the barriers and entered the yellow lane followed by 3-4 more vehicles along EDSA-Connecticut. Ayun huli sila sa me Rosario Crossing ng HPG. Mga k@&$al.

raypin, Godfather and abielbad like this.
  15. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

At flyovers, that might pose a problem. At the stretch of Galleria, Crame, and Kamuning flyover, there's a part with no barriers, since some people can merge into the inner lane either to go up the flyover heading left or to make a u-turn under the flyover.

raypin likes this.
  16. ice

17. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Try avoiding the lane beside the barriers for the bus lane. Saw some videos of buses speeding & hitting those concrete barriers. Saw a video where a car was hit by one of them.

18. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

19. hitme64

That idiot driver of the Joanna Jesh bus line has been stripped of his license and the bus impounded. Apparently he didn’t realize he was speeding because he was talking to his wife on the phone. Double violation ang inutil!

Godfather, raypin, docjbr and 2 others like this.
  20. ice

well at least we know his speedometer works :)

raypin likes this.