Metro Manila Traffic

Discussion in 'General OT' started by johannes, Jan 10, 2016.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Honestly, EDSA has been moving better now with the yellow lane strictly enforced. Still traffic upfront but moving traffic. Better than 12kph before.

And no, it’s not because HPG sent its all-female patrols. It’s just we want to move on from whatever else ideas are out there for now.

raypin likes this.
  2. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

So, you probably heard about the NB SLEX traffic. It's been spilling over to the side streets of Muntinlupa and even going up the Skyway from Zapote road. It would have been easier for everyone if they knew the zipper method of merging. Unfortunately, some drivers are really really clueless. I encountered one going up the Skyway ramp and even when everyone was doing the zipper method, he moved to the emergency lane even when I was already lined up ahead of him. I'm thinking, should I stress out about this, or be glad that I have a good and fruitful meeting today? I had to remind myself that I'm not a a crazy teenage SOB anymore. His "amo" a young guy probably in his early 20's turned around and stared at me, so I smiled back cause he reminds me of my youth and how I regret being an a-hole sometimes, and how much I would like to thank the people I pi$$ed off that they didn't retaliate and kill me when I was young lol. Then I saw his Apple sticker lol. Is he a Philmugger? Are you here?

Anyway, my friend who travels the SLEX NB every morning said, it's a shame that drivers don't know the zipper method. Something so simple, yet drivers can't grasp how the idea is so effective. He takes approximately 2 hours coming from Sta Rosa to get pass Alabang around 2 hours. He even rod a P2P and it's the same.

3. hitme64

^:LOL::LOL: that’s hilarious and mind you, great upbringing actually! Thank you for not doing anything rash (and no that couldn’t be me btw).

It’s not zipper method they know, it’s sikip method. The more sikip, the more we need to gitgit. Ganun ang Pinoy magmahal kasi.

SE20, Sunil_K and Juice like this.
  4. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Nice story. I remember when I first drove in the U.S., when queueing into toll plazas, people would stick out their middle fingers at me.
    Me: "Anong problema niyo?!"

vtf and Juice like this.
  5. hitme64

I’d do the same but I’m usually the shotgun passenger. Usually when you do the finger on them and they realize who (or what in many cases) you are they close their windows. New York City probably has the most unsavory characters on the road. Quite amusing, actually.

6. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..level up ang pasensiya. It is for a good cause: nlex and slex connector. Can’t be avoided.

hitme64 likes this.
  7. manager

manager Active Member

SLEX NB not too bad today. 8:30am traffic started right after Susana exit.

Have they implemented one-way on the East service road?

8. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

That was you?!?

Just kidding. It's been a long time since I had the privilege of being driven by a driver. Also a much, much longer time since I've been a young guy.

If you're going to get mad at every idiot driver on the road, you'll be green and bursting out of your shirt, pants and shoes by the time you arrive at your destination. Huwag na. Hindi na mura ang Uniqlo ngayon. Speaking of which,

PRRD wants to set minimum IQ level as driver's license requirement

Good luck with that. Thinking positive, at least it will decimate the number of bus and jeepney drivers, because they will automatically be disqualified.
    E wala naman sila IQ e.

If everyone went through driving school and strict testing for a license like they do in the US DMV, we might have a lot less traffic and accidents on the road.

Now as to "singit," I encounter these singiters na mukhang singit a hundred times a day. It's what makes driving here so tiring. You feel defensive, you feel you really have to protect your place in the lane all the time. But like you, at the end of the day, I just let them singit. I just say to them, hindi ka naman yayaman dahil dyan e, sayo na.

ericb, catalysmic, hitme64 and 4 others like this.
  9. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Godfather, kyubi and raypin like this.
  10. rdy0329

The art of letting go is best learned on the road. I say bad things in my mind and move on. Asshats who thinks they're better than everyone else needs some dose of reality check though.

hitme64, Godfather and Juice like this.
  11. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Controlling road rage is the first sign of maturity among Manila drivers haha.

In my much younger days, I once jockeyed for position at a stoplight. The other car was in the left-turn lane, so no way was I letting him go first. He rolls down a window enough for me to see a gun.

Ooooookay, you go on ahead now.... Let me listen to music while you accelerate away... Peace man....

(makatagpo ka sana ng katapat!)

ericb, hitme64, Sunil_K and 2 others like this.
  12. raypin

mm..Ang’s proposal for the elevated steel skyway includes provision for more space for buses to operate. Also, don’t look at the proposal alone because there are ongoing projects to improve public transportation including two subways, mrt extension to Bulacan and Cavite provinces.

multi-front war against hellish traffic....

also, assuming you can stop economic migration (from the provinces to MM), you do know that Metro Manilans still procreate......:cool:

#832 raypin, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Godfather likes this.
  13. rdy0329

I'd rather "spill my seed" than raise children in these conditions. On the upside, our politicians are aging their way out of the office. Let people who actually lived the traffic nightmare provide insight and solutions for once.

Tuning in to Senate hearing is like listening to a bunch of ignoramus talk from their respective bubble/high horse.

Godfather, hitme64 and raypin like this.
  14. hitme64

Ang singit, lalo na pag ginigitgit, bumabaho din.

It isn't only in Metro Manila where the art of intimidating other drivers is to do the "singit" then roll down the windows as if to show you have something in your hand (well, oftentimes it's that little dick in your lap). In Cebu, you are likely to be scratched by the offended party, or worse, incessantly yapped by the passenger. In Cagayan de Oro, it may lead you to be stopped by an unauthorized checkpoint of the Non Permanent Addressee because the person you just cut off had asked their help, regardless of who they were. In Davao, you can get killed and placed as a statistic in the war on drugs.

Terrible, terrible fates await the mang-sisingit.

Sunil_K, Godfather, rdy0329 and 3 others like this.
  15. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

That's why I removed my own dash cam, cause I only recorded myself cursing and cursing until I got to the office. That's about 45 minutes of bad words. I swear it looks like a different person driving :ROFLMAO:

Sunil_K, Dipp, greta87 and 4 others like this.
  16. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Ahhh just turn off the audio hehe.

Juice likes this.
  17. raypin

Mm...ahh....the fine art of singit....what every metro manila driver knows by heart and learns first (day one lesson).......kahit nguso pa lang, me rayt of wee na......Lol!

18. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

hahaha

in my case, I disabled the mic.

It's either cursing or singing for me...

Juice likes this.
  19. raypin