Metro Manila Traffic

Discussion in 'General OT' started by johannes, Jan 10, 2016.

1. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

Both the work on the rotunda & the road going to the Pasig river are still ongoing as I write this. It seems that they are making the area worse than improving it.

I used to use this route to go to Lourdes Hospital (coming from Makati). Now, I've got to go either via EDSA & Shaw Boulevard or via Sta Ana & Kalentong. :mad:

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmm....the offending driver has been identified. The bus operator and bus driver have been summoned by the LTO/LTFRB. Min. daw: suspension of license or outright revocation. That idiotic driver should never be allowed to drive ever again. According to some of the passengers, matulin daw magpatakbo kahit na sinabihan na nila yung conduktor to tell the moron to slow down. Dapat i-drug test din yan. Baka high.

3. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

Aside from revoking the license of that bus driver, they should make him fix all the barriers along EDSA manually, in the middle of the day, with his brethren undisciplined bus drivers zooming past him... very closely.

Sunil_K, VicB, 31gna and 1 other person like this.
  4. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Passed there today and saw these signs. I guess the City of Mandaluyong is making sure that the blame doesn't go to them.

IMG_1279.JPG

Godfather likes this.
  5. johannes

Staff Member Chairman

^ In other words, "Don't pin this on us come May 2016." :p

I pass by the area every now and then and, yes, that project has been going on for ages. It contributes to bad traffic and it's even worse once it rains.

6. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

wow, traffic was sparse at 4:32PM today...EDSA was a breeze...took me 4 minutes from Santolan to Farmer's (really!) then 11 minutes to Anonas and home...

There were a lot of HPG and MMDA traffic personnel by the way along the junctions of EDSA...there were no bus hangups that i saw, most cars were outside the yellow lane, and the MRT passed by without a hitch...am sure Abaya is revelling in the fact that his ass is being licked now by his boss because, for today, he did a good job (well, maybe)

ok, sorry for the ATM jibe, but what if it were true?

Sunil_K likes this.
  7. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

For me a mayor is responsible for whatever goes on in his city. Especially for a project like this that has been going on like forever. And to think that rotunda is where city hall is located! Not that I'm a fan but can you imagining this happening in Davao?

8. raypin

Mmm......not a fan of the present mayor there but the write up says that the mayor had met with the DPWH and the contractor numerous time. Walang nangyari. In China, such incompetence will be rewarded with a firing squad. Same with the incompetent leadership of DOTC. Nagmahal pamasahe, super palpak pa rin pamamalakad.

9. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Just got an SMS that the road from White Plains to EDSA will be closed Feb 14-29, because the government is making a museum for exhibition of the EDSA anniversary. Could anyone confirm?

10. raypin

11. raypin

mmm.......I hope the next President has the common sense to stop the idiotic practice of inflicting traffic hell on hapless motorists every Edsa whatever. Ang daming space sa loob ng Crame or Aguinaldo for stupid politicians to spout their B.S. before a captive audience. (sigh!).

12. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Maysilo Circle has been flooded 24/7 for years, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a cesspool for breeding Dengue and Zika mosquitoes. The problem is, because it has been practically abandoned by the DPWH, every inroad also becomes flooded during the rainy season, even with slight rains. So that DPWH Drainage Project, really did more harm than good. Last year after a brief rainshower, I was stuck for an hour and a half in an in road near Maysilo called Sikap Street which had waist-high floodwater.

Remember was it 2015 or 2014 when he declared Feb 25 a WORKING holiday wherein everyone went to work (despite Feb 25 historically being a non working holiday since 1986 even during the time of Erap and GMA who were anti-Aquino) and it was a regular weekday so normal EDSA traffic, and then, haha so funny, he BLOCKED THAT LOOONG LENGTH OF EDSA FROM MAKATI TO SAN JUAN?!?

I could not go to work that day, and missed all of my meetings. Had to turn back home after wasting and suffering 4 hours stuck in paralyzed EDSA. My bladder almost exploded. Haha. Good times. Haha.

Ang tagal ng June 2016.

13. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

14. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

13d25cf84e775c60ecd75bac375919a9c4c1be6bea043736dc4d314133cd8856.jpg

210c1a64fc6a39b785339de48fc970d828b0a6aaff7b7af408d059a3cc8f018e.jpg

Isn't it sooo easy for politicians to close off major arteries for their selfish reasons? The effed up thing is, they make life hell for you and me, and expect us to vote for them.

hitme64 likes this.
  15. Nathan Jonah

Nathan Jonah Member

Filinvest City's traffic management is really bad nowadays. Even though MCX is opened to those going to Cavite, the traffic situation still hasn't improved, especially the intersection Commerce Ave and Filinvest Ave. Traffic's so bad and it has worsened on weekends.

wem272 likes this.
  16. johannes

Staff Member Chairman

Duterte/Cayetano is in Tondo. Poe/Chiz is in Quiapo. Binay/Honasan is in Nueve de Pebrero, near Shaw Blvd.

My office is in Manila and I live near Shaw. These guys have me surrounded!

Godfather, Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  17. raypin

mmmm.......oh.....the circus has started (sigh!).

18. hitme64

Get all the sleep you can, @johannes...in your office muna

19. wem272

wem272 Active Member

Was crossing Taft yesterday morning traffic was terrible both ways. Big busses blocking the roads. Once you clear the busses, prepare for the next buildup blocked by more busses.

From what I read in the forums traffic seems to be everywhere and the problem societal. Parked dilapidated vehicles are a common sight, Busses / jeeps Illegal terminals for loading and unloading are everywhere, made worse by tricycles that flow or sometimes counter flow traffic.

Therefore, Making of new roads is a band aid fix, Rather than make more roads and lanes to be used as basketball courts, makeshift palengke and carinderia. Clearing of main and arterial roads should be made a priority. Lto and the other enforcement agencies should be out everyday clearing the roads.

Godfather likes this.
  20. hitme64

From the Duterte-Cayetano Proclamation rally: "Kailangan ng taong bayan na magsakripisyo para sa kapakanan ng ating bansa. Itong rally ay pasimula lamang tungo sa pag-unlad natin. Tayong lahat nagsasakripisyo, kami, kayo, tayong lahat."

Excuse me, but your circus caused a massive traffic snarl (coupled with that idiot in Quiapo) all over Metro Manila. You imbeciles are not sacrificing anything, except your tainted and pockmarked cheeks and lips, while the riding public is stranded and pained to even make any progress from the less-than-snail's pace of last night's traffic...

If this is what we have to sacrifice day in and day out when you're there in power then we might as well head for the hills and join the No Permanent Address people up there rather than endure your pathetic, somnambulist lives as our coming leaders...

B%&$h!t Kayo!