Metro Manila Traffic

Discussion in 'General OT' started by johannes, Jan 10, 2016.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmmm.......I can't wait for the Skyway extension to be finished. I think it will help a lot to ease off traffic along EDSA (by siphoning off North-South traffic off EDSA). Sa airport naman, it is hopeless. The Skyway there is NOT BEING RUSHED at all. I fetched my friend yesterday at Terminal 3 and, luckily, his flight was delayed 1 1/2 hours (past midnight na) so no problem. But I can just imagine the traffic going in and out during daytime.

hitme64 likes this.
  2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^i hope i see the day i fly out of the country by the time i retire and get to use the Skyway ramp to T3...i don't want to see myself doing the street dance with cars everytime Andrews is a parking lot...

3. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

The airport Skyway was suppose to be used for the APEC meetings last Nov. That's why they were rushing it. Not that the APEC won't be held here for the another 20 years, that gives us an idea how much time is needed to complete it. :confused:

hitme64 likes this.
  4. hitme64

^Horrendous traffic, almost apocalyptic, this afternoon at 5PM...usually it takes me 30 minutes to get home from Cubao...it's almost an hour and i am still in Aurora Blvd cor 15th Ave...both sides are jampacked, and people are getting out of jeepneys to walk home...

Good thing i have movies on the iPhone, so i have been watching Youth...more on the Movies Page later (bec. with this damn traffic i might finish this 2-hr long movie)

5. tapnclick1940

tapnclick1940 PhilMUG Addict Member

Are they intentionally throttling some streets to ease the traffic along EDSA? Just this morning the traffic along white plains was so bad. It turns out traffic cones were placed on the intersection so vehicles going to EDSA would converge into a single lane. Well it worked, EDSA was smooth sailing... for the next 50 meters.

6. panis

panis Well-Known Member

Traffic going to QMC through Quezon Ave and Timog was terrible at around 12:30 na today. When I was going back toward Quiapo at around 2:30, the traffic at Quezon Ave going toward QMC especially the outer lanes was even worse.

jesusluison likes this.
  7. hitme64

12549073_1024273007619767_6253764689071681079_n.jpg
    wow, really? $#%&*!

VicB, Godfather and raypin like this.
  8. hitme64

...and this is what you get when buses want to hog the yellow lanes...
    12509289_1024306054283129_8456136929471304897_n.jpg

jbfirefly and Godfather like this.
  9. pepspeps

pepspeps Active Member

^ That's earlier today at NLEX.

Naka-NFS mode ata yung mga drayber. Ke-aga-aga.

10. panis

panis Well-Known Member

It seems that the traffic at Quezon ave going to QMC has gotten worse when the traffic light at the EDSA intersection was installed. Now there is no rush hour traffic anymore, just terrible traffic all the way from west ave intersection the whole day.

hitme64 likes this.
  11. hitme64

^this is the only country in Asia that has rush hour traffic 24/7...

Sunil_K and Godfather like this.
  12. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Caption of picture above: "KARMA"

hitme64 and raypin like this.
  13. raypin

mmm......sometimes, I imagine myself to be Snape and casting Avada Kedavra at stupid bus, jeepney and tricycle drivers.

Sunil_K, Godfather and hitme64 like this.
  14. hitme64

^finally, some sense of normalcy...no buses outside the yellow lane from Cubao to Shaw, because apparently, it's one big parking lot in that side of EDSA...

btw, first time i ever saw one bus travelling from here to Tigbao, where is that? in Zamboanga? how the heck will it ever reach that far, and for how long?

Sunil_K and Godfather like this.
  15. Godfather

So far since Monday morning, my daily commute both for North and South bound have been extended by half an hour. Hoping it's just adjustment to the new scheme.

With so many private cars squeezed into sometimes only two lanes, because fewer dare go into the Orange P500 Lane, there's bound to be a lot of bottlenecks as expected. Like I said, it's like increasing the volume of water and then reducing the number of pipes. What do you think is going to happen?

Add to that that although fewer private cars now go into the bus lane, the buses are on full-abuse mode and nakiki siksik in the private lanes. Reason: ayaw nila pumila sa bus lane. Just yesterday I was bullied out of my private lane by two buses.

16. hitme64

^remember, once out of the yellow lane, the buses are free of any fine...so it's us who actually got the sore end of this deal...

and take note: MMDA and HPG are reporting a number of apprehensions of private car owners yesterday, and NO buses were apprehended for getting out of their lane...tsk, tsk

Godfather likes this.
  17. raypin

mmmm......mga walang utak talaga. Hundreds of thousands of cars being forced to occupy two lanes while a few thousand buses occupy two lanes also. Tsk Tsk. Tanga.

hitme64 and Godfather like this.
  18. hitme64

^"Si Punong Abaya (Abala) ang me sabi na ganito ang patakaran sa EDSA, ayon sa DZMM. Talaga naman dapat bilis-bilisan ng magpalit na nga ang ating administrasyon. Punong-puno na po kami ke Abaya."

In a related note: I left for work at 5:35AM this morning, arrived at work 5:47AM...wow! As in, straight path without red light or stops or traffice in EDSA...IT CAN BE DONE!

19. hitme64

well look at that..isn't it fun in Metro Manila? who says yellow lanes are ONLY for buses?
    12472678_1025066424207092_8874227769707705403_n.jpg
    *courtesy of TopGear Philippines*

20. Godfather

It can be done, but ONLY at 5:35 AM in the morning or earlier. Every minute thereafter is hell on earth. :) Buti ka pa sir. My daily commute to and from work has really been extended by 30 minutes both ways this week, 1.5 hours to get to work in QC and 2 hours at night to get home to Makati. Consider that I am actually going against the flow of rush hour traffic sa lagay na iyan ha.

I am counting the months left when this administration's DOTC finally vacates office (I regret having voted for their insensitive boss in 2010). Ang tagaaaaaal. I don't even care anymore who sits on the throne, the Dark Lord, the Foreigner or the Punisher, as long as there will be a more capable DOTC to handle the LRT, MRT, LTO and LTFRB, and a new MMDA. At this point, it is very hard to imagine that anyone with half a brain can do any worse than this one (although in this country, it could happen). Of course, the unthinkable could also happen and Mr. MARket still wins, at which point, the current cabinet will remain intact and in power, which means tuloy ang ligaya for them, and it's going to be another six years of hell for the motoring and commuting public. It's more fun in the Philippines, mapapa mura ka sa sarap.

Forgive me for going slightly political, but I'm betting heavily that most, if not all of you agree with me.

Sunil_K, kyubi and hitme64 like this.