MERGED: Power Mac Center Feedback..

Discussion in 'Power Mac Center' started by filiusdei, Apr 9, 2008.

1. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

I guess I'm in the minority on this one.

I went to PowerMac Festival Mall at 10:00AM on May 26, 2015. My iPhone 5 was eligible for battery replacement, and they were able to diagnose it in around 5 minutes, and they told me they'll just inform me when it's done. Granted, I had low expectations for this one, since I already had a new phone to play with, and I was just hoping they'd replace it (or at least the battery, so I can sell it). On May 30, I received a text from them that the phone was ready for pick up. 5 days, not bad, thought it'd take 2 weeks. Though I heard there were some that were lucky that got it within the day, or at least a couple of days after.

When I was there, there was an irate customer who was demanding to have the unit she had repaired to be released to her, though the name on the work order was her Dad. The other problem is that she didn't have the acknowledgement receipt. I just received the usual spiel that we can't pick up the unit unless we have the acknowledgement receipt, and on their text message, they again remind that the unit may only be picked up with a valid ID, the acknowledgement receipt, or at least an authorization letter. She neither had the acknowledgement receipt, nor an authorization letter to prove she was the relative.

The person at the desk told her the policies of Power Mac, that if the documents aren't present, they'd need an affidavit of loss. The girl's response? Can I see your manager? I demand to see your manager, you don't know how to handle cases like this. So she starts to berate the manager. Manager responds with the same spiel. Girl's response? I'm going to call my Dad. And the thing that made me chuckle, she said "Kaya ang dami daming bad feedback sa Power Mac eh, di kayo marunong maghandle ng customers niyo!"

I felt bad for Power Mac. I've always been a loyal DW/BTB customer, but Power Mac in Festival Mall was just a convenient option for me since I was there 4 x a week. Bit the bullet and tried their service center, it was okay naman. Oh well, good days and bad days.

Cheers!

2. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

This time its the customers fault. Its a company policy and she should follow it. Its so easy to ask to her farther to get the basic requirements di pa magawa. Tsk2...

anjerodesu likes this.
  3. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

I agree. (This time) I commend Power Mac for sticking to their guns despite that customer's angry, but misguided and mistaken, tirade.

With her having no papers at all to present, I myself would be very very very cautious about releasing items to a stranger, no matter her vehement claims.

4. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

believe me when i say that customer wasn't even a PhilMugger...

anjerodesu likes this.
  5. juristantrum

juristantrum Active Member

My out of warranty 16GB iPhone 5s' battery is no longer up to par. It automatically shuts down when the battery reaches 20%.

So I used Apple's chat support last May 31 and to my surprise, the supervisor I spoke with gave me a one time complimentary battery replacement.

I then called PowerMac and inquired about their mail-in service and availed of it in order to have my iPhone shipped to Manila for that much needed battery replacement.

I called them last Monday only to find out they're billing me Php 5,+++ for the battery replacement which Apple US clearly gave me an exemption for (meaning, battery replacement should be at NO COST to me).

This morning, I called Apple US once again and a supervisor named Dylan told me to get my iPhone back and they will be the one to process my FREE battery replacement soon as I have my phone with me.

What gives, PowerMac?!

6. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

Power Mac really gets mixed reviews here when it comes to their service. I've reached out to them many times before on behalf of PhilMUG to have someone check their designated corner here in the Forum from time to time. Aside from using their section to promote new stores, products, seminars, and events (they're pretty active with these), it's my hope that they would also review this feedback thread regularly to see the areas that they could improve on, such as service.

Unfortunately, they've been rather passive with this offer. I'm sure they have their own reasons. Nevertheless, I'll reach out to them again.

l7224 likes this.
  7. mree

mree Well-Known Member

And that's sad, that they choose to remain passive on an opportunity to showcase to their customers that they do care about feedback - and that they are willing to better their service based on the negative ones. That's really important. Philmug is a great community to start supporting as the members know how to support back.

But then again, they have their reasons.

To be honest, I shy away from Power Mac Centers. A new one opened in SM Southmall and I wasn't excited about it. Now if it were another store...

8. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup, I was surprised when I saw that the last time I went to Southmall. Like you, I wish it was Beyond The Box. :)

And I am so sorry for derailing the thread. :p

9. juristantrum

juristantrum Active Member

I've had my previous iPhone 5s serviced by them (replacement of vibration motor) and it went well.

Thing is, this is not the first time I encountered PowerMac charging for full amount for something which should be done for free. I thought my case would be different from the "horror story".

Their bad service is a disgrace to Apple, Inc. If they cannot improve it, they should be so stripped of their status as an authorized service provider.

10. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

Well, who needs PhilMUG when they have "celebrities" endorsing their stores? hahaha... Can't blame them, though. ;)

11. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

i don't think their "celebrity ambassadors" are doing a good job of endorsing PMC...i see more people in iStudio and BTB and DW stores...the last time i was at PMC (this June) not one of their sales people approached me, while they altogether huddled over some guy ahead of me because he was buying an iMac and i was just, well, browsing...

12. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Noticed that they remodelled their Megamall branch. Looks good and more like an Apple Store than before.

13. AlphaBrain

AlphaBrain Member

Am really shooting myself in the foot after reading this entire thread. Really wished I jumped on the forums before purchasing my 2015 13" MBA on Wed from Power Mac: SM AURA. Had I known of all the poor customer service issues associated with them I would have taken my business elsewhere. Since I haven't been active on PhilMug in awhile I completely forgot about this forum until today when I started to realise an issue with the keyboard on my laptop.

The keyboard seems to have a much softer sticky/mushy feeling while typing (almost feels like its been used before) which is extremely different compared to my girlfriends 2015 11" MBA and my friends 2015 13" MBA (they've owned for over a year already) which have a distinct solid tactile feel to it while typing and still feel brand new. I asked both of them to try out the keyboard on my MBA and they definitely noticed it as well when I had them do a typing test on my laptop & then a typing test on their own laptop right after.

I searched online for other people who have had a similar issue and I found a few but not very thorough explanations on how they resolved it. I think some just decided to live with it. Has anyone else here experienced this issue on their MacBooks?

Since my profession requires me to type on this keyboard for over 8+ hours a day it's really beginning to bug me. Normally I am not this picky but to spend 50K+ on a laptop and to have a minor design flaw its quite disappointing. Hoping to be able to have this issue resolved somehow at Power Mac: SM AURA tomorrow morning where I bought it from. Since its only been 3 days since I purchased it hopefully they will honour the product and exchange it. The issue with repairing/replacement of the keyboard would mean I would be without the laptop for who knows how long, which is not an option since I need it for work.

Wish me luck. I'll check back into this thread tomorrow

14. AlphaBrain

AlphaBrain Member

Update regarding my last post.

Long story short everything went (y)

I went to Power Mac SM Aura this morning and explained the issue to them and they asked me to go to their service centre room so I could report the issue/demo it for the engineer to check. Whole process took around 45 mins at the service center.

In the end they agreed there was an issue and after filling out some paperwork I left with a new macbook. Total process took about 1 hour.

Overall I am glad to say the service they showed was good and they were accommodating. Hopefully they can stay consistent and offer a high level of service to remove the bad rep they already seem to have among the Phil Mug community...only time will tell.

Sunil_K likes this.
  15. ellenmitchie

ellenmitchie Member

Nice to hear that. Apart from Festival Mall and Northeast branch, PMC SM Aura has some good feedback here. :)

Just to share my experience, after talking to an Apple exec from Singapore about my issue with my 6s, he asked me to choose a service center where I could drop off my phone so they could send a replacement. I know PMC had a lot of negative feedback in the past, but I went with PMC SM North Edsa since it's the only service center near my place.

Good thing I went there lunch time so they were able to accommodate me right away. I explained my issue and showed my email conversation with the Apple exec, filled up some forms then that's it. The drop-off went smoothly. The girl that assisted me were nice and was very careful while checking my unit. I didn't even know that they will update you regularly via email and texts (unlike what I've previously read here). I got texts updates that the phone is undergoing diagnostics and stuff. Just after 4 days, I got a call from the Apple exec (I call him Mr. Nice Guy) and told me that the phone is now with them and that they had shipped my new unit. I was like, wow that was fast!

I just hope this is not just a case of "swertihan". Not to bad-mouth or anything, but a few weeks before going to PMC, I went to BTB Greenhills. The guy who checked my phone was not even careful, he actually dragged my phone after holding it. When I checked, there's a tiny crack at the back. :( I didn't complain though..

16. AlphaBrain

AlphaBrain Member

Nice thats good to hear PMC SM Aura has good feedback. I didn't get a chance to read through the entire thread.

When I was at the service centre at PMC the other day for my MBA, as soon as the woman said she would give my laptop to the engineer "in the backroom" for inspection, I kindly asked her to have him come to the front and inspect it in front of me for that exact reason (incase any other damage were to occur due to mishandling and they wouldn't take the blame for it)

Thankfully she understood and agreed to have the engineer inspect the laptop in front of me (y)

17. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

I recently purchased an Apple TV4 at PowerMac SM-BF and was told by the cashier that they have a policy of 25% restocking fee if I return the item. I told him that Apple itself has removed their 10% restocking fee policy back in 2011, so why is a local APR implementing this archaic policy? Of course, it's pointless to argue this matter to the death with the hired help, so I simply let it slide.

18. neldeles

neldeles Active Member

Went to the mega branch to ask about warranty for a bag I bought. Sagot ni ate "no warranty thank you thank you" Na May pagkabastos; as if she was ushering me away. I told her one of the staff told me 7 days replacement sagot niya "sino sino" in a defiant tone. I didn't go there to look for a fight. I was simply asking because 8th day Na ngayon. Hiniritan pako Na dapat chineck ko bago bilhin. The defect only manifested itself late this week which might have been because the bag was a lemon unit (plus it's covered by moshis lifetime warranty ie it shouldn't be breaking down this early). I'd understand if 'di Na covered Ng warranty nila really. But if this is how their staff is trained to answer a customer's friendly query, then today was the last time I step foot in a power Mac store. A shame really, since their Rockwell branch handled my previous warranty claim for a pair of Bluetooth headphones superbly.

19. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

I called up the SM Marikina branch as my white MacBook suddenly won't turn on and I asked them if I can bring it in to have it checked. The person on the other line told me that I can do so. We rushed over only to be turned down by their very unaccommodating staff and we were told that we can only bring it to their service centre. They just gave us a piece of paper with the list with no apology whatsoever on their part for misleading us.

Never setting foot in a Power Mac store ever again.

20. minenskie

minenskie Member

I remembered when I inquired to one of the powermac sales agent. "Sir ilang RAM po meron yung 5s?" He answered "Sir wala pong RAM ang iPhone and iPad, mga MAC lang po ang meron." :)