MERGED: Power Mac Center Feedback..

Discussion in 'Power Mac Center' started by filiusdei, Apr 9, 2008.

1. jepoy22

jepoy22 Member

^thanks for the response. I do not have time to scrutinize the device properly so I have not yet claimed my device for a week now. I plan to drop by tomorrow to test the device properly.

2. arubeto

arubeto Member

from my experience, the "reset" happened since the battery had to be removed in order to replace the digitizer. I had mine fixed in another shop and I saw the whole process. I was told to adjust the time or do a reset but I did not understand it when I was first told. It was when I asked why there was no signal that the guy repeated I had to adjust the time or do a reset then to get the signal back since the battery was removed.

3. jepoy22

jepoy22 Member

When i claimed the unit last saturday, i asked what they did to reset the device, the service center crew said that they simply restored via itunes. Anyway, i observed that the same issue still persisted (and showed it to the guy), and i returned the unit to them.
    He said that if the problem is hardware related, the device will be replaced and will be returned to me in about "3 to 4 months". I said it was ok, since i had an extra ipad to spare, but now i realize that it'll take way too long just for a replacement. Oh well.

4. xxxjanxxx2

xxxjanxxx2 Member

Well I know BTB is affiliated with DH so I'm guessing they have the same price. Last time I checked Power Mac is always more expensive than DH. I bought my Retina MBP CTO(configure to order) maxed out specs from DH which is equivalent to Power Mac's non-CTO models. I still doubt PMC has better prices currently.

#944 xxxjanxxx2, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  5. xxxjanxxx2

xxxjanxxx2 Member

#945 xxxjanxxx2, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  6. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

Sharing my iPhone 5 Sleep/Wake button Replacement Program Experience at their (lack-of)Service Center.. After leaving it with them for 4 days.. "Sorry sir, we cannot service your unit because it has to be done in Singapore." ‪#‎Strike1‬-> Apple Support allowed me to bring it to their Service Center. It was clear in the Support Ticket that I created intentionally to allow me to have it serviced here instead of SG. THAT's why I brought it there.
    ‪#‎Strike2‬ ->It took PMC 4 days to figure that out???
    ‪#‎Strike3‬-> While waiting on hold, the CSR picked up and said.. "sorry Sir, MABAGAL kasi system namin" (at least they got that RIGHT!)

Help me Steve wherever you are!!! Your minions are destroying your reputation!!!

7. c26alfred

c26alfred Member

mahirap po ba warranty claim sa divoom speaker? yun volume niya kasi humina by 1-2 level tapos un battery niya hindi consistent,
    minsan 20 mins lang ubos na minsan naman 2.5 hours lang sa box 8 hours max playing time.

8. teachertwish

teachertwish Active Member

This sounds like a venting thread for PMC. I would like to complain about their Education support. From sending Purchase Order, it will take them one week to deliver the units ordered by our teachers. Last academic year, we had a different supplier who could provide us with orders the following day of receipt of PO. Once you know other suppliers can do it better and faster, PMC standards are way too slow and crappy. Why did our school contract a 3-year agreement with them! Sorry, venting.

9. hcescala

hcescala Member

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I went to powermac last nov 14 to buy iphone 6 plus leather case, the branch was SM North Annex, i was quite surprise the staff were not friendly at all, somehow masungit yung 2 ladies sa cashier and yung lady manager, i bought apple genuine leather case and stay on the cashier area, dalawang cashier somehow did not entertain me even no one was lining, kahit man lang sabihin na sir one moment lang po, parang i did not exist in front of them, i had time pa tuloy to scrutinize the case then ask for another one since parang may deformity yung napili ko, upon handling it to the lady manager she somehow grab it from me wala man lang sign of courtesy at tinawag yung sales man to to change the case, then balik cashier ako ganun pa din yung dalawa babae snob... :( kakadisaapoint lang, buti pa sa BTB smile kung smile lahat.[/FONT]

10. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

Just my 2 cents. Had the best experience with BTB/DW and iStudio. And the 2 times ive been at powermac is the worst.

If in a hypothetical situation they were the only apple premium seller, i would buy a windows machine instead but never from them.

11. twelve22

twelve22 Member

I have had a number of bad experiences with Power Mac Center, but recently, 2 branches have been superb with their CS - Power Mac Center Festival Mall, and SM BF Paranaque. They were all smiles and were very kind. Stand out staff was Albert of Festival Mall Branch. :) But, nothing beats DW and BTB for me. Worst store I have been to is Switch.

12. BIGGIEsmalls

BIGGIEsmalls Member

Poor customer service.

13. Kiko

Kiko Well-Known Member

a few months ago, there was a mugger who complained about the lack of duckhead prong in the box of a newly bought magsafe charger from powermac. the guy got a lot of flak from the rest of us because he seemed to made a big deal out of it. Well my magsafe conked out (can't remember how many times i bought for the 4 macbooks we have - probably 3 or 4 x) but this is the first time i bought from powermac and indeed the cables and prongs were of the english type. Luckily for me, i bought one because I had a broken one so I just pulled out the old one and placed on the new. Could have been better if a new Philippine/Us type prong was already included. or at least the customers are informed of the lack of the duckbill prong. Powermac does sell them duckbill prongs at least customers could have bought them too.

14. gdelacerna

gdelacerna Active Member

Earlier today, I got a case from PMC for my iPhone 6. I asked one of the SA if I could open one but she refused to do so and told me that it is sealed and the only way I could open it is if I buy it. Being that I've always been a buyer of PMC (though mas suki ako ng BTB and DH), I didnt argue about it anymore. When I asked about the return and exchange policy, no one bothered to answer me. Not even the manager who was right in front of me at the cashier area. Parang walang narinig. To my dismay, I decided to pay for the cases I got and left, when I got home to try on the case, I was not happy with the fit at all. too bad the store was already closed when I called to clarify about their return and exchange policy but I am definitely getting this one returned or exchanged for another item.

Has anyone tried to return an accessory? What about the Restocking fee of 25%, does it apply only to those with no original packaging?

I used to like PMC when they were the only reseller of Apple products here.

15. ann jersey

ann jersey Well-Known Member

Here are my experiences with them. Many times before, they had let me check and fit cases first before I buy them (MOA, SM Bacoor & Festival Mall branches to be specific). One time that I had to return the case I bought from Festival Mall branch because of a slight damage that I was not able to see before buying because I did not check the case then, they let me choose a different case. As long as its with the same price or add if its higher. These are the reasons why I still check their stocks & buy from them eventhough I don't get any discounts from them unlike Charlie's. I know that I can check the cases first and I can return/replace them if there will be an issue, at least on my experiences. HTH. [emoji4]

16. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Kudos to PMC G5! Just got an sms tonight that my i5 replacement is ready for pick up after 17 days! I had it for the sleep button replacement program. Despite the dents and scratches, PMC accepted it. Gonna pick it up on Wednesday! Thanks!

17. gabobito

gabobito Member

Great service for The Loop Powermac branch in katipunan. Bought my iPad Air 2 there because there were no stocks at the SM Marikina Branch

18. iamjoesmith

iamjoesmith New Member

hi everyone,
    i got my iPhone 6 16GB spacegray from my postpaid plan last Feb 8, 2015 and I just notice this day (As in ds day) that it has a dead pixel on the upper right corner (very minimal black but i am afraid it can be worsen). what authorized powermac service center you can refer and how many days it usually before it will be replaced or repaired? Usually if it's LCD problem, do they replace it or nope, i have all the accessories and boxed , and all are unused

19. shalicapul

shalicapul New Member

Also have a bad experience with powermac center (cash and carry branch). I guess I will never buy anything from them again. Will stick to beyond the box na lang.

20. franz3x8

franz3x8 Member

guys my problem ako sa powermac, last week may 26 i brought in my Macbook Pro 2015 sa Power Mac Center Northeast Square Service Center kasi parang nag stustuck yung L key ng keyboard ko. pero before ko siya dalhin sa PMC dinala ko muna siya sa istudio kasi doon ko siya binili the technician suggested na sa PMC ko siya dalhin kasi kaka kuha lang daw ng mga unit nila for repair sa friday pa daw ulit kukuha so without hesitation i just said ok and went to PMC instead.

on that day sinurrender ko yung Macbook pro ko sa PMC for repair kasi nakita rin nung representative na may problem nga yung L key ko. The rep said it will take 4 to 5 days of diagnostic which was ok as long as ma repair yung unit ko.

so i waited for 4 days no update, so medyo na inip na ako i called them. the one who answered took about 10 mins bago ako balikan para sabihin yung update ng mac ko. sabi sakin nung rep "Sir under diagnostic pa rin siya, nakita ng engineer namin yung problem na may na stuck na 2 keys and nireformat na po yung mac ninyo. ang remarks lang po ng eng. for observation pa rin po until tomorrow."

and again dahil mr. nice guy ako i just said ok and thank you. pero medyo fishy na so i called again the next day, so ganun ulit yung sinabi sakin pero with added assurance na tatawag daw sila sakin within the day kung puwede na kunin yung mac ko. i called at 10:30 am they called me back mga 2:30 pm na they said na irerelease na nila mac ko kasi wala naman na daw problem. which i was very thankful for.

i got the mac that afternoon went home and mukhang ok naman yung mac ko, that night while i was re-installing my Office for mac biglang bumalik nananman yung problem ko which was the stucked L key. i got really frustrated kasi sabi nila ok na daw yung mac ko then biglang umulit nanaman yung problem so ginawa ko nag PRAM reset ako ng 3 times pero wala pa rin.

so i got my mac yesterday diba, dahil nag ka problem nanaman tumawag muna ako sa PMC to confirm na papalitan na nila yung keyboard ko at hindi na dadaan ng diagnostic kasi sabi ko ayaw ko na mag tagal yan kasi may work ako tapos sabi ko rin na yesterday na they were sure na ok na yung mac ko. the PMC rep was nice and gave her name to me para mapabilis daw yung process ng pag repair ng mac ko today

so i went to the store and asked the lady guard kung nandun si PMC rep, sabi niya tatawagin daw niya. i waited for 5 mins walang lumabas sa back room. A PMC rep on the desk was free so i approached her kasi mag lulunch break na, i told her what happened twice para maging clear and because procedure nila yung mag PRAM reset ng 3 beses pag dating sa part na i MMRI na nila yung Macbook ko.
    ayaw na daw mag MRI. i told her bakit? anong problema bakit ayaw pumasok sa MRI? ang sagot lang niya sakin "Sir pag ganito po kasi kapag prohibited wala pang OS yung mac niyo" then i was really pissed and told her "panong walang OS? nakitam mo naman kanina naka log in yung mac ko chineck mo pa nga sa log in screen yung L key"

to my dismay it took her 10 to 20 mins na kaka subok ipasok sa MRI yung macbook ko pikon na pikon na talaga ako di lang ako kumikibo kasi di ako yung tipo ng tao na bigla nalang nag lalash out. Dahil ayaw nga pumasok sa MRI binigyan nalang niya ako ng acknowledgment form ulit na may remarks na "problem encountered upon receiving the unit unable to run MRI due to reported probem for futher diagnostics" again i just said ok and left PMC

ask ko lang kung itatawag ko na ba sa Apple Care tong problem na to? just to add when i received my unite yesterday ang dumi dumi niya as in sobra. kasi mukhang valid for replacement na yung Macbook pro ko eh. laloo na mukhang PMC pa yung nakasira ng Mac ko.