MERGED: Power Mac Center Feedback..

Discussion in 'Power Mac Center' started by filiusdei, Apr 9, 2008.

1. lawrencebosox45

lawrencebosox45 Active Member

Re: power mac center feedback..

well bad service will be endured for exceptional products and cheap products. take cd r king.... worst service ever, but long lines persist.

as for exceptional products: i stood in line for a piece of famous pizza in manhattan for 30min then was rudely told to hurry up by the counter girl then given the wrong topping... but in the end it was worth it. the pizza gave me a food orgasm along with the other people who were eating it.

2. Libra

Libra Member

I totally agree but the thing is, i've compared prices between PowerMac and other stores and PM is relatively higher. I am referring to the same brand comparison. I'm sure that PM is aware that their prices are higher and yet still not do anything about it.

I bought my Speck crystal case from PM only because it has the same price as the other stores but other than that I wouldn't. Some goes for my Ipod casing (Belkin) and earphone (Philips). Sometime I consider PowerMac like a brochure or reference for items/accessories and the like.

But I do commend the staff for being very courteous and somehow "sincere" in helping out. I like the idea that they stand from a distance giving you the space to decide. And when I would ask them questions, they give simple and short responses which is very good. They seemed to be very knowledgeable.

It would be nice though if they can come up with sales/discounts every now and then. And they need to be more competitive with other stores. ;)

3. Elx200001

Elx200001 Active Member

From experience, I believe that all it boils down to is the customer representatives that they have in their stores. The retailers will, and probably have done all they could to train their staff, but it really is down to them on how they apply it in their work.

I've had very random experiences in pmc stores here, especially the one in gb3. I've had good service there even when I was just window shopping. But there are times that customer repair service left me confused about their policies and doubtful about their capability to handle my mac.

Here's the post I made about a problem I had before. (Kinda weird quoting myself)
    While I don't really believe that they did do it on purpose. It kind of gives a message that their repair staff at the store aren't up to the scratch on diagnosing a computer's problems. (I was able to find the fix in the forum in less than an hour :p )

I also do agree that mediocre service is the norm here, though I'm not surprised there. But to be fair, people tend to post their complaints more often than their good experiences at stores, so I try to be more open-minded about topics like this.

4. papaystarr

papaystarr Member

I'm browsing this thread now and here's what I have to say: as an advocate of good customer service, there is an instance that the management can't take hold of their staffs, no matter how good the training was hammered to their personnel. I can attest on that, I've been serving numerous retailers here and abroad and it's like eating on your favorite fast food chain on different branches. Di ba minsan nagrereklamo kayo na bakit yung chicken ni branch A ay maliit as compared kay branch B? Most of the time it's the manners of those persons matter, their practices and habits, and not the management.

Our role of being a customer is not just to buy something or enjoy the pleasure of browsing products to any store but also to help them improve their service by DIRECTLY APPROACHING THE STAFF ON HIS/HER WRONGDOINGS, REPORT IT IMMEDIATELY TO THE MANAGERS, OR FILL-UP A SURVEY FORM PROVIDED IN THE STORE COUNTERS. Many of us will say na "hindi naman nila babasahin yan." I bet my ass they do, and they take their time improving their service and groom their staff with good attitudes as much as they can. They can't possibly correct their mistakes by posting your grievances here, don't you think? Believe me, just like Elbert said, if you're the owner of the business you won't let this happen to your customers and we all want to hear not just bad comments but appreciations will be mostly appreciated. As a service provider myself, I let my clients and other people criticize my work, even most of them applaud on my accomplishments. I mean, how would I know if all the customers of Mango, Zara, and Louis Vuitton were satisfied on my current window display? Or maybe a balut vendor passing by on the corner and saw my mannequin styling and felt offended by it? I wouldn't possibly know if you won't tell me. But the best part here is for the owner of the business to take every comment by heart and make the necessary improvements. If that doesn't count as a tip, then there must be something wrong with that guy. I assume PowerMac owners don't like negative feedbacks but that doesn't mean they don't entertain one to improve their business.

I'm not promoting anything here but if I may suggest, for all retailers out there, to become a member of the Philippine Retailers Association. They have a customer service institute [in CSB] where you can get help in improving your CSR [I'm one of their consultants] and can benefit from their support globally. Being the president of the Professional Association of Visual Merchandisers I am advocating on this as we want to make every retail environment a relaxing place as we can. As I always quote to my clients, 'it's not just the good product always counts, it's the customers' experience inside your store." Hope this enlightens everyone.

5. 48check

48check Member

@Elx200001 - that's true and that's a typical behavior universally. Customers who have experienced Great customer service would probably tell 1 or 2 of their friends about it. Those that experience very Bad ones will tell 10x or even more. For an "ok" service, they dont talk about it at all.

So as not to get too out of topic. I once had my keyboard repaired at PowerMac greenbelt. The staff were very accomodating, friendly and helpful. Although it took almost a month to replace it, it was ok since I had an extra laptop.

So I would rate the customer interaction as satisfactory and the speed of resolution as needs improvement.

#65 48check, May 22, 2008
    Last edited: May 22, 2008
  6. coolpix32

coolpix32 Active Member

I beg to disagree.

I would like to believe that Filipinos are demanding and intelligent customers/consumers. Establishments which charge premium fees are expected to showcase exceptional customer service. It's simply an unspoken expectation and customers know that it's pretty much part of the premium they paid. On the other hand, customers have lower expectations for establishments with bargain prices but still expect to treated fairly well.

Nothing really beats an establishment which offers competitively lower prices with exceptional customer service. This is evident with some of the other Mac resellers in the Philippines.

On the flip side, customers will definitely complain of bad service regardless of the type of establishment (premium or bargain). But complaints will be harsher for premium establishments with poor customer servicing.

7. mcsix

mcsix Member

I disagree also.

For me its not about the discount or the freebies that an establishment can give me but the quality of service. A high-end establishment may charge a premium but if their service is at par with the price that I pay then I'm satisfied and would gladly recommend the said establishment to everyone I know.

8. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

I have to disagree as well. I don't mind paying a premium price as long as the service that comes with it is exemplary. Isn't this the very same reason why we have Macs instead of PCs? The highlighted sentence above may work for some, but not to all Mac owners.

#68 Bulakbol, May 22, 2008
    Last edited: May 22, 2008
  9. joseph_camela

joseph_camela Active Member

I totally disagree also.

10. sibosero

sibosero Member

another bad experience with greenbelt power mac just today
    ayaw ko muna kwento , sakit sya sa ulo!!!!
    baka ano pa masabi ko
    just wondering, bakit parang walang changes sa kanila
    sorry naiinis lang talaga ako
    btw san po ba yung senco? pwede ba mag pa check ng macbook dun?

11. philpangandian

philpangandian Active Member

Tell us the story when you're ready :) The Muggers want to know..

12. evilplan

evilplan Member

I'm not sure it's fair for me to compare my experiences with PMC Greenbelt and the Apple Store in San Francisco, especially since Elbert and the rest have established that service in our country is generally subpar.

In the US, the store staff are generally more "evangelical" about their role in representing Apple and its products. They want you to get a Mac not only to make a sale, but also to spread the joy and convenience of owning the best product in the market.

All around the store, I heard several one-on-one conversations between the staff and customers. These might have been under the guise of storytelling or small talk but it was actually the staff trying to be helpful in identifying the customers' needs. Things like "I listen to x band and more of the y genre and this product more or less suits my preferences. It might work for you" and "I'm into video editing / graphic design myself and I think I have just the thing for you" are examples of the staff stepping down to the customer's level and helping them think as they are to make a good decision - even if it means not buying anything or having to think about it first.

As for my own purchase (that time just a pair of premium earphones), I was greeted by a cashier who was fast and friendly (again, seemingly the norm in the US anyway) but I noticed how he and the rest of his peers at the cashier counter were giving customers congratulatory smiles regardless of their purchase. I'm sure I was not the only one who felt good about shopping in that Store.

My wish for local stores, in brief, is for their staff to have a similar attitude about their work. I think it can be done with proper training.

13. madman101

madman101 Member

i'd have to disagree. customer service should always be met and maintained regardless whether you are selling mangoes or macs. it's a question of whether or not the establishment wants the business or not if they continue to provide consistently abominable service.

14. elbert

elbert Active Member

It's natural that Apple Store employees are evangelical in their approach because they own and use Macs. Our local store clerks can't even afford to pay for their kids' tuition fees.

15. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

I have to disagree also about elbert's "suspicion" [i don't have to quote it again :) ]. From what others have said, discounts and bargain prices does give satisfaction to customers but IMO it is mutually exclusive with customer service feedback.

[In reference to evilplan's post] Having been to US Apple stores and other Asian Apple resellers, US staff have the edge of training and ownership of Macs - as elbert illustrated in the previuos post. At least I'd expect Philippine Apple store staff to show genuine customer service whether it be Macs or anything else they are selling.

16. Libra

Libra Member

Just want to share with you my positive experience with power mac (greenbelt)

In a different thread I shared how I appreciated the services of the sales representative from power mac when i bought the podium coolpad just yesterday. I was impressed on how they go the extra mile to help me make a sound decision. As I was checking all the items, the rep was really patient and was giving me space. There were instances that I would have a question and he was just there to answer them plain and simple. When I was skeptic about the podium coolpad, he offered to get a macbook demo so I could see for myself how it would look and feel and come up with a sound decision. Because of that, I was able to decide clearly what I wanted.

I have purchased several stuff at power mac greenbelt and fortunately, I have no issues with the sales reps and "no discounts" - mind you but still I find it very satisfactory.

For me bottom-line, it all boils down to customer service and how they use this skill. I do not expect them to be very technical and knowledgeable but at least they know how to deal with customers. "It's not what you say but how you say it."

My reason for coming back to power mac is not only because of discounts (haven't bought anything discounted there) and still I am satisfied. It's because of the items and, I must admit, the sales reps and the overall environment. It would be good though if discounts would be given but not enough reason to say that because of discounts, ergo good service.

17. ikenn

ikenn Member

However there are some customer who are into bargain hunting. If the store won't give them the discount or even let them haggle, the customer will equate it as a bad service.

Ultimately, you just can't please everyone.

18. elbert

elbert Active Member

At the risk of dragging this into a debate (a healthy one, I hope) on service, I'd like to ask this question: Isn't it only natural that one would have a higher level of expectation for service from a premium establishment, but be forgiving of a discount store? Isn't it commensurate?

19. dep28

dep28 Active Member

this i've see first hand, primarily in a store in hidalgo which shall remain nameless but i'm pretty sure photgs here know which one i'm talking about. anyway, this store has a repuration for bad service, most especially from the owner himself: from sales talk which are outright lies just so he can liquidate old/outdated merchandise or force the seller to buy an item that he is currently out of stock of, to just plain old shouting, cussing and insulting a potential customer just because he/she haggled for a different price or bought an item from a store other than his. however, people still tend to ignore these stunts he pull because he give the best prices among all the stores in hidalgo

20. Libra

Libra Member

The question is quite tricky because you cannot compare apples and oranges (no pun intended). This is how I see it:

There are stores that are considered speciality stores (like power mac) and it's hard to compare to a regular retail store. That in itself is obvious that level of expectations would differ.

As far as "discounts" are concerned, it should be the same expectations. Again, I am stressing on the customer service aspect. It doesn't follow for stores that offer discounts customer service expectation would not be taken into consideration. Example: Digital Walker. The prices and level of customer service is very good. I couldn't say the same for the other stores that sell the same or similar items.

We also have to take into account that people have different level of customer service expectations. Sometime our expectations are unreasonable and no longer realistic. Some leaning towards the technicality/product knowledge of the reps, some look at the prices that the stores offer, some look at the overall items/ambiance of the store and it's people, and some just look at it as is and witnessing how the reps handle themselves when interfaced with a customer.

Different strokes for different folks.