MERGED: Power Mac Center Feedback..

Discussion in 'Power Mac Center' started by filiusdei, Apr 9, 2008.

1. coolpix32

coolpix32 Active Member

Re: power mac center feedback..

I've also informed of Lawrence of this incident and some other similar incidents I've come across. He's a very nice person and I'm not saying this because he's my friend and former groupmate in MBA class.

Knowing him, I'm sure he appreciates the feedback and is taking this matter very seriously. For sure we can expect positive results the soonest.

2. southpaw25

southpaw25 Member

Since more than one person had this kind of problem (i myself included),this "i-don't-think-you-can-buy-that" attitude of powermac staff, in many places, cannot be categorized as an isolated case.

Maybe this should serve as a lesson for all the Powermac stores, and other apple stores as well; That their staff should be constantly reminded (I know staff are oriented in the beginning) to be courteous and respectful to all people coming in to their store, however they may look or be dressed. One bad incident can cancel out hundreds of commendable services performed by the store.

3. mafioso

mafioso Well-Known Member

When I bought my old Ipod 30gb video for warranty purposes at their San Juan Service Center last year, I had a good experience with regards to service.

4. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

I myself have quite a number of bad experiences with Powermac (specifically its staff) but I can understand that when it comes to handling staff it is quite difficult to keep people in line. Good luck to the owners and hope that they can fix this staff problem. Some good news though, the San Juan branch, without question, replaced my ipod with a brand new one when the battery failed. Good service for once!

I guess it is always good practice to get the name of the person or technician that is servicing you. I'm definetly going to do this if I do need to do business with Powermac or any Apple service center.

5. psymd1

psymd1 Active Member

Sorry to hear bout your bad experience with Powermac, but I've never had problems with Powermac G3, and Powermac SM North, and if it did happen, it should be reported to the Manager of the store. Re warranty, when i purchased my Powerbook from OfficeMax Fresno Ca., I bought a 1 gig Ram to increase my memory but the technician told me that if i did myself it will void my warranty.

#25 psymd1, Apr 16, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  6. jenong

jenong Member

I just want to share my not so okay experience with Powermac Megamall. Everytime I visit that store, employees are kinda snob. Well of course except for the guard. At least he greets everybody. I once asked the price of an iMac kaso they gave me the look na "can you afford it?", and answered "Mga P90,000 kasi yan eh". (I don't look like my age, I look younger and my voice is kinda cute.) They should treat every customer nicely bata man o matanda. And they should at least know what they are selling. They are selling apple products, dapat yung quality ng binebenta nila, same rin sa quality ng services nila. :D

7. omegalove

omegalove Member

OMG i experience the exact thing everytime i inquire about apple/mac products, they always give me the "YOU CANT AFFORD IT" look, even if my parents come along with me
    OT: just my thought, everytime i go in to ANY mac/apple reseller store, the salesman/lady seems to be very arrogant, like they think they know everthing even though i only asked for the price,at First i thought it was just one store (iStudio GH) but since everytime i see a mac/apple reseller store i go in and inquire, they're all the same ARROGANT/SNOBBY.

8. Salaryman Ryan

Yes, if there is one thing that the owners should teach their staff is to becareful with customer profiling. A year and a half ago my auntie told off an employee of PowerMac because she saw a sales person dismiss her 12 year old daughter (She was asking the price of an iMac and the sales lady keep on ignoring her). "Porki bata kala mo hindi makakabili sa inyo?! Whats with your attitude?" She dragged her kid out of the store and bought her an iMac from Hong Kong.

9. redticket

redticket Member

Well sometimes you'll get that you-can't-afford-that look from the sales rep. I wonder if they can afford it too. :)

Last year I bought a Speck See-Thru in PMC-GB3, and asked the sales-rep kung pwede kong ipa-kabit dun yung case, she agreed, but when she called one of her mates to ask for assistance, sabi ba naman..."isasalpak lang yan eh". So kaya minsan ayaw ko na lang magpunta dun at medyo snobbish nga yung ibang reps.

Bur from the service point of view, OK naman from my experience in GBelt 3. But I think Senco offers much better service. The tech didn't charge me for having my MBPro checked this afternoon. :)

10. jenong

jenong Member

Sa Greenbelt naman, Superduper sa okay! As in! Yesterday we bought a Gola Bag for my Macbook, super inasikaso ako.

11. kingmidas

kingmidas Member

Went to Powermac MOA to inquire about my frequent kernel panics since I'm not very familiar with my mac yet. The fat guy there told me its hardware and I have a 99% chance of replacing the whole unit since logic boards are expensive and not practical. So I sought my good friend Adel's advice. I downloaded applejack and switched my rams as suggested and it works perfectly with no more problems. I later on found out that the fat guy wasn't a technician but handles sales only. What gives? Their sales has improved though. They seem eager to entertain me whenever I'm searching for a particular accessory.

12. beirutman

beirutman Member

I wonder if it would be better if the shops just post the price and specs of their displayed products, just to save the employees the time if they are not in the mood to assist the costumers.

OT:
    I just want to thank Larry of iStudio for personally lending my wife a hand in purchasing an APX card on my behalf. More power to you Larry, your staffs and more power to iStudio.

13. walasiya

walasiya Member

Just came from Powermac Glorietta. Just browsed around the shelves, and a saleslady approached to assist. I ended up purchasing an iPod nano 8GB. She was very kind, and while i was not really intending to buy, I did anyway. Now my daughter is enjoying the nano.

14. acid

acid Member

What the Powermac store is a good Customer Service Supervisor!

15. tedmosuela

tedmosuela Member

when i was shopping around for a wireless keyboard from powermac greenbelt and i was inquiring if there would be no issues to use the keyboard in tandem with a wireless mighty mouse and that i am using it with a laptop. the girl sales representative blurted out in a really arrogant manner "e bakit ka pa ba mag ke-keyboard e meron na naman yung laptop na keyboard", i was really pissed with the reply i got. i still ended up buying the keyboard.

but i should point out that the service team of powermac greenbelt is the opposite of their sales staff. i recently had my MBP's battery replaced, and the service guy is really accomodating and thoroughly checked my laptop for other defects and answered all my queries with enthusiasm . service is swift as well, i got my replacement battery in less than a week.

16. philpangandian

philpangandian Active Member

I'm already thinking that it may be Power Mac's strategy to make us buy: Reverse Psychology. :)

"You can't afford that" kind of look;
    "e bakit ka pa ba mag ke-keyboard e meron na naman yung laptop na keyboard"

And we end up buying from them. It's like we're unconciously telling them "Don't tell me what I can't afford or what we don't need because I can afford and do need those."

17. Salaryman Ryan

Heh, if that is the case I would just buy the item from another store and come back and wave it to that sales person's face. :D

18. acid

acid Member

Hehe...What i mean is that the store needs a good Customer Service Supervisor. To supervise all the sales person there as well as the technicians. For all the muggers who have bad experience regarding the service, i strongly suggest that you have to immediately make the management be aware of the attitudes of their employees.

19. jenong

jenong Member

I agree with you Salaryman Ryan. :D

20. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

I'm just wondering… Lawrence has lots of friends at PhilMUG, and I'm sure he doesn't lack for feedback about the sad experiences customers have in his stores. I'm amazed that these things are still going on… This is the not the first thread about customers' experiences with Power Mac. It's good to have customer feedback, but WHAT YOU ACTUALLY DO WITH THE FINDINGS separate the good from the great…