MERGED: iPad Cases, Accessories, Add-ons, etc.

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by angelove, Mar 14, 2010.

1. dr.manhattan

dr.manhattan Member

thanks jps444! does it compromise image quality? it clings thru static am i correct? did they install it for you (no bubbles?) how much was it?

yes iRalph. SM Megamall a small stall, Cyberzone entrance.

2. Eleventh

Eleventh Member

I got my Invisible shield when I got my iPad from the states and oh boy it was hard to install. I wish i had it installed professionally. But everythings ok now on my iPad no more bubbles. yo ujust have to wait 24 hrs for it to cure.

3. mesja

mesja New Member

Guys ano tingin nyo mas ok, iPad in leather case or naked with silicone, grip vue or that switch easy like poly case? I'm wondering if using it with leather case can make it thick enough like notebook and defeat the thin form factor of the iPad. Ano prefer mo and why?

4. iRalph

iRalph Member

how much and what stall is that? May nagkakabit na dun? :D

5. dr.manhattan

dr.manhattan Member

IMO:

leather: makes it too bulky

silicon: can gather dust inside. and moves it around, can scratch the metal back.

polcarbonate: nice thin and shows the beauty of the ipad's industrial design. switcheasy nude is a great example. wish it was available here locally.

6. iRalph

iRalph Member

For me switcheasy nude is the best. :D

7. dr.manhattan

dr.manhattan Member

here's a link:
    http://www.calvinshub.com/2009/07/invisibleshield-now-in-sm-megamall/

though the ipad is not listed im sure meron yun. sila magiinstall for you.
    ill have the back of the ipad protected with invisishield. they say the material is too "rubbery" kaya di recommended for screen (your finger does not glide). i plan to pair it with an anti glare screen protector. then have the whole package in a switcheasy nude case, carry it in an incase neoprene sleeve. great overkill combo that does not make the ipad bulky... it does blow the wallet.

8. Sleepdoc

Sleepdoc Well-Known Member

my take on the case issue...

the apple case is perfect if you're concerned with the thin form factor and screen protection. not so much protection from drops tough...

marware makes a very fine leather case that protects from drops but makes the ipad thicker

silicone cases ase great to prevent slippage but does nothing to protect the screen

my solution?

for around town: apples case plus neoprene sleeve

for around the house: a silicone case

for business meetings: a leather case

9. iRalph

iRalph Member

I think for business meetings, the best case is the one made by Griffin. Very elegant looking.

10. dr.manhattan

dr.manhattan Member

help. :mad:

i really want a switcheasy nude case. my ipad will arrive on the 27th. anybody know where i can grab one here locally? or kahit belkin gripview.

where can i buy sa pinas? or any ofe you guys know if it will be available here by next week?

11. iRalph

iRalph Member

I know someone who's selling switcheasy. What's your email add and I'll tell him to email you. Better yet, give me your cell# so I'll give it to him. I'm not sure kasi if he wants to give his # without permission.

12. mesja

mesja New Member

Ano kaya mangyari if mahulog iPad in silicone case or enclosed in the belkin grip view. Ma protect kaya screen since part of the back cover enclose the front edge too kaya no contact naman between screen and concrete in case mahulog

If you will use switch easy on the back, no need to use invisible shield for the back, Hindi ba redundant na yup, the belkin grip vue is so tight the back can't be scratched anymore

13. dr.manhattan

dr.manhattan Member

my email address:
    [email protected]
    thanks iRalph!

my experience with "hardcases" - i had a belkin polycarbonate case for my first gen iphone (metal back) i noticed that dust can get trapped inside and from micro scratches. i wanna prevent this with invisishield.

#393 dr.manhattan, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  14. rodz

rodz New Member

@dr. manhattan, I'm thinking of going a similar route which is put the invisibleshield full body. Why only the back though? Would the capdase screen protector be better for the front?

Also, does anyone know if I should be worried about liquid damage if I have an InvisibleShield or a Wrapsol installed?

15. dr.manhattan

dr.manhattan Member

liquid damage is not an issue. unless the one applying it would be too gun hoe. just avoid the dock port. the invisishield has a rubbery consistency. i dont want that kind of texture for my touch screen. i want my habds to glide, thats why i think the matte screen protectors are better.

16. empty

empty Active Member

I was able to buy a jelly case in greenhills for only P330. Other stalls were selling it for P700-800 but I found one stall that was selling Jelly / silicone cases for P350 and hard cases for P400. I just made tawad and hey gave me the jelly case for P330.

It fits well, there is no play at all. its glossy on the outside and textured on the inside giving it a frosted look. There are cut outs for the speakers, hold switch, dock connector and headphones. Sleep and volume buttons are covered but have raised indentations. No opening for the sim tray.

It was stall no XC10.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. trevayneski

trevayneski Member

looks pretty much like my $49 Belkin Grip Vue. :D

18. jcboy

jcboy Member

Hey guys! I dunno if this has been posted already but I found this article very useful in deciding which case to get for my iPad : http://bit.ly/aujGcU

19. dr.manhattan

dr.manhattan Member

@empty:

this is a wonderful find! :) i'm gonna run to greenhils to get one. i saw the stall number: can you give an idea where sya malapit. And the frosted look is just the thing i'm looking for.

20. bluedragonph

bluedragonph Active Member

Nice article thanks!