MERGED: iPad Cases, Accessories, Add-ons, etc.

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by angelove, Mar 14, 2010.

1. angelove

angelove Member

Since some of us are getting our iPads soon, what case will you get for your new baby? :)

Personally, I like these:

The Clutch by Happy Owl Studios - although they do not have a price yet, the concept is great! I love the red one :D

The Cloak by Quirky - it is on pre-sale for $36 and they have to get a certain number of commitments before they go into production. I love the fact that it can stand on its own in both portrait and landscape.

2. outaru-go

outaru-go Member

Re: iPad Cases

Longlivebooks "BOOK" looks cool, it looks like an authentic book..

The iMaxi - hehehe for the laaaaadies

WaterGuard - in case you want to use the iPad under water

Vers Wooden Case
    - if you want to use your iPad as a dektop photo frame, doubles as a chopping board

i like the cloak too

3. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member Supporter

4. josecarlo1129

josecarlo1129 Active Member

Thanks to this thread, surely this will be a trend. Not a fan of cases, but might cover the back area with clear film (via Gmasked, as usual).

5. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Love the Happy Owl Wallet, looks like this will replace all my messy notebooks and accounting ledgers.

6. Caulfield

Caulfield New Member

+1, the Happy Owl Wallet looks great. I think I'll get this one.

7. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

Happy Owl Wallet deluxe with the Taipan Shadow XS Black.... wow!! I want to find those!

8. mysterio

mysterio PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm loving the two in the first post. If I ever do get the iPad, I'll get one of those.

9. arjaysalting

arjaysalting Member

If i have the moolah i will buy 7 different cases, but i can't use that cases if i don't have iPad so I will buy iPad first :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. filjedi

filjedi Member

11. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

12. macdrive007

macdrive007 Well-Known Member

iPad Accessories & Add-Ons

Besides Apple made ones, 3rd party products are coming out. Suggest iPad Accessories & Add-Ons here.

Here's one:
    [​IMG]

iBallz protect your new iPad and other tablet devices from spills, sticky surfaces and the inevitable drop (gasp!) without adding weight, blocking buttons & adapters or sacrificing style.

iBallz is a “one size fits all” shock absorption harness that protects and enhances the appearance of template-style computing and “e-reader” devices such as Apple iPad, Amazon Kindle and Sony Reader and others.

Unlike other products currently on the market that encase a device and rely on a thin layer of rubber or plastic for protection, iBallz does not conceal the device and utilizes balls at the four corners and elastic string along the sides to absorb the shock and reduce the potential damage resulting from dropping the device. This design also avoids obstructing the device buttons and adapters. Use iBallz with your standard care for aditional protection.

iBallz elevates the device safely away from spills and avoids contact with sticky and unclean surfaces. The elevation also assists in performance and presentation situations where space is limited. For example, the device can now sit evenly on top of a turntable or hang from a airplane seat, adding Additional ventilation and stability . Does your iPad got iballz?

http://iballz.info/

now onto add-ons to add smartbro-usb, flash drives, projectors, gps navigation, etc functionality :)

13. wiretap_MD

wiretap_MD Member

Re: iPad Accessories & Add-Ons

Invisible Shield
    [​IMG]

Ordered the back protection. $29.99. Enter coupon code "PROTECT20" to get 20% off.

14. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member Supporter

15. qt_arvin

qt_arvin Fore!
    Staff Member

I ordered the VGA connector and iPad Case,together with the iPad,from the Apple online store.

16. ikitub

ikitub Active Member

nice.. the BookArc would be so much useful..

17. outaru-go

outaru-go Member

The BookArc looks nice buy JaDu Industries' Skadoosh iPad Stand is more portable and able to accomodate other slate computer or gadgets. The name sounds awkward.. I'm not against gay but it sure sounds like a gay linggo.. Taaarush!

The BookArc looks nice buy JaDu Industries' Skadoosh iPad Stand is more portable and able to accomodate other slate computer or gadgets. The name sounds awkward.. I'm not against gay but it sure sounds like a gay linggo.. Taaarush!

I'm not sure if twelvesouth's iPad BookArc will tilt the way the skadoosh does but if angle is not a problem, I bet you'll love Macally's ViewStand
    [​IMG]

It makes the iPad looks like a miniature iMac..

18. Jeff

Jeff Active Member

I tried the Apple iPad Case but I found it lacking in protection. I decided to get the InCase Convertible Book Jacket instead. It offers more protection and it opens to convert into a stand with multiple viewing positions. It also has a secure elastic closure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#18 Jeff, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  19. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

Mod Announcement:

I have merged the threads for iPad Cases and iPad Accessories/Add-ons into one.

From now on, let's consolidate talks about iPad cases, accessories, add-ons, etc. into this single thread.

Furthermore, I'd like to request every MUGger to keep the Forum, especially the iPad section these days, clean and organized. I know we're all excited about the iPad, its apps, its books, its cases and accessories but as a matter of courtesy and responsibility, let's:
    - refrain from cross-posting
    - think twice before opening a new thread. Think: Can I simply add my post to an existing thread? After all, it will still pop up on top of the thread listings, so it won't go unnoticed.

Thank you.

20. kili-kili power

http://techland.com/2010/04/05/5-must-have-ipad-accessories/
    7 Must Have iPad Accessories
    By Peter Ha on April 5, 2010

Let the flood of iPad accessories begin! In the little research I've done for this list, I noticed that the majority of accessories weren't built specifically for the iPad. The majority are ones for netbooks. It's a scam, people! There really aren't very many must-haves for the oversized iPhone. However, I found the following five doohickeys to be useful or clever.
    Update: We'll be adding to this list as we go.

[​IMG]

1. Apple iPad Case $39
    Aside from the logo on the front cover, Apple's iPad case is without a doubt the best case available right now. They're not an accessories manufacturer, so whatever accessory they do end up producing is generally very well designed with high quality materials. The iPad case is no different. It's tough in all the right places and its versatility knows no bounds. I do worry that the slit in the back of the case that the front cover slides into could eventually get weak, but that's neither here nor there.

[​IMG]

2. Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit $29
    Some might say the iPad is a glorified digital picture frame and they wouldn't be too far off with such a comment, which is why Apple has a camera connection kit coming out later this month. You can transfer JPEG and RAW images from your camera directly to your iPad without ever having to sync with your PC or Mac. The kit actually includes two connectors: USB and SD. I'm pretty excited about this one.

[​IMG]

3. Cocoon Gramercy Messenger Sling $29.99
    Cocoon makes an interesting variety of bags and cases for countless gadgets, but the “GRID-IT” organization system found in all of their bags puts them a nose in front of everyone else. My gadget bag is a complete mess and I could definitely use a GRID-IT panel to keep all my cords and other doodads organized. The Gramercy is an economical sling bag that easily accommodates your iPad and slew of accessories. I don't know about that clear media pocket they have going on in the front, but everything else seems up to snuff.

[​IMG]

4. iLuv Durable Ultra Thin Clear Case $29.99
    My ongoing love affair with clear cases is sickening and actually started back in the mid-90s when the only thing I carried around was a pager. And that's exactly why iLuv's clear case makes this list. It comes with a stand and lets you be that guy/gal at the coffee shop.

[​IMG]

5. Incase Travel Kit Plus $59.95
    Think of Incase's Travel Kit Plus as a hybrid of Apple's iPad case with an integrated Cocoon GRID-IT organization system. Except you can probably throw in the whole kitchen sink, too. There's enough room for cables, a stand, wireless keyboard and whatever else you want to tote around.

6. Apple Wireless Keyboard $69
    A lot of folks prefer having a physical keyboard and Apple happens to make a dock/keyboard combo and a wireless keyboard that's compatible with the iPad. But the freedom of having the wireless keyboard over the dock system is far more appealing for this nerd.

7. Belkin Speaker and Headphone Splitter $10
    Rather than huddling around your iPhone to watch movies on the plane or train, you can watch them on your iPad! Belkin's headphone splitter makes sense when traveling with a significant other, friend, brother, child, dog, etc.
    More on Techland:
    Apple iPad: Eight Hours Later
    12 Must Have iPad Games at Launch
    8 Netbooks Worth Buying Right Now

Read more: http://techland.com/2010/04/05/5-must-have-ipad-accessories/#ixzz0kIRridMf

10 Awesome Apple iPad Cases
    http://mashable.com/2010/04/05/ipad-cases/

Apple’s iPad hit shop shelves over the weekend, so we thought we’d bring you the best cases you can currently buy — as well as some coming-soon options that might be worth holding out for.

From fashionable to functional, with a few hopefully meeting in the middle, we’re sure you’ll find a covering that caters to your taste from our hand-picked selection.

Have a browse below and let us know which case, bag, sleeve or cover might be gracing your Apple iPad in the very near future.

Available Now…

1. Blytheking’s iSocket Etsy Cases

[​IMG]

These handmade cases re-purpose vintage material to protect your iPad with sartorial elegance, making more of a statement than anything bought in an “ordinary” store.

Cost: From $65 to $108

2. Booq Taipan Shadow

http://cdn.mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/booq.jpg

Booq’s Taipan Shadow messenger-style bag offers some serious padding for your precious, as well as a few extra pockets you’ll likely fill in no time. In addition to violet, there are black and gray versions too.

Cost: $69.95

3. Hard Candy Bubble Sleeve

[​IMG]

Offering a molded, bubbly exterior and a soft felt interior, Hard Candy’s cool case is available in gold-green, black, and pink, and will keep your iPad zipped safely up.

Cost: $49.95

4. iLuv Flexi-Clear Case

[​IMG]

If you want to make less of a statement but keep your iPad protected from scrapes and scratches, then iLuv’s clear cases could be what you’re looking for. They come bundled with a little folding stand as well.

Cost: $29.99

5. SkoobaWrap

[​IMG]

Ideal if you just want some basic protection for your iPad when you’re going to sling it into your bag or backpack, the SkoobaWrap will fold over the iPad and then Velcro itself into place.

Cost: $17.95

Coming Soon…

6. Vers Wood Case for iPad

[​IMG]

Handcrafted from hardwoods and bamboo with 4mm-thick sides for a solid feel, this Vers option offers a soft lining, but steel-reinforced strength. The design also gets a wooden prop for table top use.

Cost: $79.99

7. Belkin Vue, Max and Grip Sleeves

[​IMG]

Coming soon from Belkin are not one, but three iPad sleeves offering different functionality. The Vue has a see-through pocket, the Max’s pleated design means it squishes down for easy storage, and the Grip offers a textured design for butterfingers.

Cost: $39.99 each

8. Quirky Cloak

[​IMG]

A sturdy case for the iPad made from non-slip rubber, Quirky’s crowd-sourced Cloak design doubles as a stand for the new tablet that can display portrait or landscape.

Cost: $42

9. ColcaSac

[​IMG]

The big selling point for the ColcaSac line of iPad cases is that they are environmentally friendly. The fleece-lined covers are perfect for the iPad owner who wants to be a friend to the planet.

Cost: $34.95

10. Ryan Frank Cork Sleeves for TAPE

[​IMG]

Designer Ryan Frank has extended his cork-based range of sleeves to include one that fits the iPad. Like previous products, it will be sold through UK record label TAPE, but it has yet to go live on the site.

Cost: TBD