Mega iPhoto project

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by maryannemoll, Oct 2, 2006.

1. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Guest

hello, everyone. little by little, over the years, i was able to scan ALL of my grandmother's aging sepia photos into digital form. the photos were from the 1930's until the present, and they are all in hi-res. (300 dpi, tiff format). i have about 35 cds in all of the whole thing, 27 to 34 photos per cd.

now i want to do the iPhoto book thing for the photos from the 30's to the 70's, but i'm afraid because of the high quality of the photos it's going to take a tremendous amount of space! i don't want to have to resize everything, and since the original photos have started turning silver, and because my grandmother is a very senti person, she wants ALL of them into the book, and not just a select few. (this includes the back of the photos that have names and notes and dedications written on them.) of course there will be a book 1, book 2, book 3, etc.

question: how can i do this with such a large base material without having to resize? can my laptop handle this? can iPhoto handle this?

thanks.

2. chu

chu Active Member

Just speaking from experience, iPhoto is pretty good at taking even big, high res files into its book feature, when you save it later as a PDF file it is really good at handling the target file size/while keeping the resolution at a good acceptable level. Not sure about the hardware question, sometimes iPhoto strains when there are a lot of photos. I guess you could work on it one project at a time to be safe.

3. maryannemoll

maryannemoll Guest

i tried it and it's really slow when the photos are as is. if course my life would be easier if someone could do it for me. do you also do this service aside from the printing?

4. wildcard

wildcard Active Member

5. chu

chu Active Member

Hi Maryannemoll, we can certainly try, anyway I sent you a U2U, thanks.