mbp unibodies (first gen) - blinking screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by loopy, Jul 24, 2009.

1. loopy

loopy Member

just a query to owners of 15 inch mbp unibodies. does your screen blink? for a millisecond? almost like it turns off and on again really quickly? mostly on the upper third of the screen. happens to me all the time, especially on the 9400m.

don't want to be overly fussy but it's starting to get annoying. never used to do this. wondering if this is a firmware/driver issue or if i should bring my mbp in for a check up...probably should get app too.

cheers!

2. fteoOpty64

fteoOpty64 Member

Not on the laptop LCD at all, if it did, bring it into the store to have it checked. Should be still under warranty.
    On the external LCD especially with VGA-to-minDP cable, the 1920X1080 resolution did "blink" occasionally for almost half a second. This has been resolved by the firmware upgrade of the DP port module it seems.

Any blinking is annoying even a millisecond...