MBP produces hiss sound in bootcamp

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by uramaru, Feb 3, 2010.

1. uramaru

uramaru Member

My early 08 Macbook Pro is producing a hiss sound everytime I boot up to windows 7. I've installed all the drivers correctly and also the bootcamp update. This is deafening!:( Anyone experiencing this kind of issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. jayar04

jayar04 Active Member

hmmmm. did you already use the bootcamp drivers found in the SL installation disk? because mine's working perfectly fine

3. uramaru

uramaru Member

Yup I used those drivers found in the SL disk. I think its a hardware problem. :( Anyone out there experiencing this? or just me? :(

4. bad_boy

bad_boy Watching Your Language
    Staff Member Supporter

^If it only happens when you run Windows 7, it probably isn't a hardware problem.

This may be a silly question, but have you checked your system volume when you boot?

5. uramaru

uramaru Member

what do you mean by system volume? i found a fix on this but its kinda lame. I should play atleast 30 sec of a song every time im in win7. but its not permanent the issue still occurs after 2-3hrs.:mad:

6. uramaru

uramaru Member

ok, this is really odd, I discovered the fix. Screen brightness should be either maxed out or dim (like 1 bar before the display turns off). weird. :confused:

7. bad_boy

bad_boy Watching Your Language
    Staff Member Supporter

^Well, with my old Blackbook, if the volume was maxed out there was an audible hiss although I wasn't playing anything. Cool that you got your fix, but that's a strange one :)

8. jayar04

jayar04 Active Member

but how come mine doesn't do those sounds.. :p hmmm, i'll check in awhile though.. will let you know

9. uramaru

uramaru Member

Better to have this checked by my service provider but not now, maybe after our thesis.