MBP 15" Alu (Oct 2008) 6GB RAM

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by eixter, Jun 28, 2009.

1. eixter

eixter Member

is it true that this MBP edition actually supports up to 6GB RAM and not 4GB RAM?

2. mindless

mindless Member

Yep. Unfortunately 6GB of ram costs a lot of money.

3. weirdohenrico

weirdohenrico Member

sweet! - when the prices go down this will be my first upgrade!

4. nnchong

nnchong Member

Yup, I heard about this from Rafael of Digital Hub. He mentioned that it can go up to 6GB... Makes me more HAPPIER pa that I bought my MBP.... :)

5. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

You can go to forums.macrumors.com and do a search about it. There are lots of post claiming that they have successfully upgraded their classic santa rosa/early unibody Macbook Pro to 6gigs of RAM. :)

Too bad a 4 Gig stick of RAM can cost around 300 USD!!!