mb unibody screen is flickering when booted up

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by nuiko, Sep 29, 2009.

1. nuiko

nuiko Member

Hi there,

I don't know how to describe my issue exactly the way I experienced it and I hope someone here has a good heart and help me out :D (kahit advice lng :p )

Actually it happened twice. First is that when my MB just booted up and loaded everything, I tried tilting the screen backwards and suddenly the entire screen blink/flicker or something to that effect. And it went back to normal.

second time on the same day, when I turned it on, when it arrived at the main screen, it immediately gone haywire and start flickering... Just imagine a tv with a very bad reception going on and off.. (parang sirang tv, yung tube mismo). So what I did was pressed on the power button and restarted the whole thing. After that everything was okay.

so far, i haven't experienced anything till the last incident and it has been 2 days already. Do I need to take this to the apple store to have it checked? I'm quite tight with my budget right now due to the ondoy incident and I'm hesitant since the apple resellers might charge me for checkup. (although I'm still in warranty, i haven't tried in my life taking any of my macs to the technicians).

I hope someone here can help me out.

Thank you.
    Nic

2. jcdman

jcdman Member

Could you say if it looked like the lights were just flickering or was it the graphics itself that became fuzzy? This way, we can tell if you it's the inverter board, the LCD, or the graphics card/logic board. If you can record it in video if it happens again, it would be really helpful for us ASPs, seeing that this is also an intermittent problem.

3. RRM0221

RRM0221 Member

My advise is to use the warranty while you still can.

I don't think they would charge you for the check-up once you establish that it is indeed a hardware issue.

Good luck.