mb palm rest replacement, how long?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by moliro, Nov 13, 2009.

1. moliro

moliro Member

hi, just wondering, how long before your mb's cracked palm rest replaced... i went to an ASP in qc last oct 30 and i haven't had any update from them since... the technician initially told me that the processing and parts shipment would take 5 to 7 days...
    15 days na and still no parts yet... i already had called them twice na... sabi lang nila that they would call pagdating ng parts... should i take this mb to another ASP?

#1 moliro, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  2. soulspain013

soulspain013 Member

it depends on the shop and apple singapore for how long they would ship the parts. replacement of the palm rest? is that the whole top case? be patient. :)

3. moliro

moliro Member

yup, whole top case po, with keyboard and trackpad

4. soulspain013

soulspain013 Member

so, if thats the case, it will depend talaga on the service center and apple singapore. just wait and give them a little bit "kulit". :cool:

5. panis

panis Well-Known Member

same here. i had the top case of my macbook replaced and it has been with the service center for almost 3 weeksnnow. I have never waited this long for repairs to be done on my macbook. I was told that the service center unexpectedly experienced problems getting the parts out from customs here. :-(

6. chetiboy

chetiboy Active Member

customs and couriers here SUCK big time.
    it does bottleneck and lengthens replacements. replacing the topcase can be done in, what, 30minutes!? but without the part, un ung nakaka inis

there are SOME service centers that order the part and leave the machine with you until they arrive, and you'll come and visit them on the day of replacement.

7. moliro

moliro Member

good thing i still have my mac with me, hindi naman kailangan iwan kasi working naman ung laptop... and yes, customs daw ang culprit... sabi ng kausap ko mabilis naman daw magpadala ang apple singapore, dito lang sa customs natin tumatagal ang pag release...

8. shaft

shaft Well-Known Member

yeah i think customs here is tightening up if you know what i mean w/apple stuff. I heard thats why the magic mouse was removed from apple store ph cause of this customs prob.

sorry btt: i hope you guys get your palm rest ASAP.

9. grayminded

grayminded Member

I brought mine last November 2 at Digital Hub Greenhills, I got it on November 8 :D But it was already available for pick up by November 7. :)

10. moliro

moliro Member

errrr... next time... im going to DH na lang talaga for all the apple stuffs...

11. panis

panis Well-Known Member

Just called this morning. the top case of my mackbook black has been installed. At last.....

12. civic05

civic05 Active Member

ei,

is it just the palm rest that's been replaced? how about the keyboard?

13. grayminded

grayminded Member

my keyboard, topcase and palmrest were all replaced :D

14. moliro

moliro Member

waaahhh, wala pa ung sakin, they told me to call again on monday... 2 weeks 3 days and counting....

15. panis

panis Well-Known Member

same here my keyboard, top case and palm rest were replaced. but it took 3 weeks so your situation moliro is still not that bad.

#15 panis, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  16. moliro

moliro Member

at last, my topcase arrived... whew after 20days...

#16 moliro, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  17. soulspain013

soulspain013 Member

@ all

IMHO, the arrival of your parts MAYBE on the custom already. i read something that the delay was primarily sometimes not from the supplier but on customs.

@ moliro

@ panis

congrats, at last for a the long time of waiting, they have been arrived and replaced!