Mattress

Discussion in 'General OT' started by rage30, Nov 27, 2011.

1. pandecoco

pandecoco Member

We have been using Sleepyhead brand of mattress from Fortywinks, 10 inches deep and firm, You have a choice re. Firmness and thickness, if i remember right, No backaches!

greta87 likes this.
  2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

How much is this @pandecoco ?

pandecoco likes this.
  3. pandecoco

pandecoco Member

I’m sorry I don’ t remember the price, i got them around 10 years ago, and we are still using them...less than 15 k per mattress, single ones but their single size is wider and maybe a bit longer than the PH single size! I also got the bed frame for the mattress, metal and wood, Sleepyhead is a NZ brand but matresses are manufactured here,,,check out 40 winks so you have an idea of their regular prices,,,, they always have a sale....

ronjet and hitme64 like this.
  4. hitme64

Mattresses don’t last long. Surveys show they get the most beating in the mornings. I wonder what that means :whistle:

Juice and ronjet like this.
  5. jologs

jologs Active Member

The lifetime of mattresses can be prolonged if they're rotated and flipped periodically. Kind of like tire rotation.

greta87, hitme64 and ronjet like this.
  6. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Take note though that some mattresses can't be flipped, atleast the hybrid ones (spring+topper combination). So what we do with ours is just rotate them to balance out the wear.

chorizo, hitme64 and ronjet like this.
  7. chorizo

chorizo Member

Uratex recommends that you rotate it every 3 months. We give ours a quarter turn. Yes, it seems odd but it works for us. :)

8. arubeto

arubeto Member

Slumberland also has that in their care instructions

9. frequenzy

frequenzy Active Member

anybody here using ambassador mattress? they have 60% on ortho reflex series. for king size it's only 28k, down from 70k.

10. hitme64

Pundits swear the Casper Hybrid is the best mattress around. I have tried this one in my in-laws house and it really is achingly good, so good you wouldn't want to get up. Anymore...
    casper-hybrid-1-thumb-960xauto-99221.jpg
    Am asking if Casper delivers to the Philippines, and they say they might, which isn't very convincing.

Juice and ronjet like this.
  11. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

Just like Casper, there’s also another company that I’m considering before that got me interested because of great reviews but shipping it here held me back.

Try Brooklyn Bedding. They only ship to USA and Canada but you can you use a freight forwarding company then ship it here.

hitme64 likes this.
  12. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

Bumping up this thread. When you get a new mattress, how do you dispose of your old mattress?

13. pctan1584

pctan1584 Well-Known Member

We were doing this regularly with our mattress from Fortywinks, lasted us for 20 years. But the last year I started to feel back pains as well as my wife. So I replaced it finally after much pondering. We got Tempur, the first 2 weeks was getting used to it, but now I wake up better and sleep more soundly.

14. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmm...give it away. Offer it to the delivery guys.

15. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

I was thinking of asking them to just take it nga. But in case they don't want to, or can't for whatever reason, I'm wondering if there's an option other than just throwing it away. But I'd prefer that someone come to take it away though.

16. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

We had our mattress custom made about 15 years ago. It measures 90x90 inches and had to go through the unobstructed window during our house remodeling. Even with careful maintenance like, rotating and flipping the bed, it's time to replace it. Our problem now is, how to get the bed out of the room since the windows are now built, and going down the stairs will not fit on the halfway turn going down. The only option is to cut it in half. But, that means we can't sell it or give it away anymore. Now, getting a replacement is also a problem to get in to the room too. Funny how we never thought of this before we had it made.

17. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...triple singles if no other choice then with proper layering, the crease problem will go away.

Juice likes this.
  18. pctan1584

pctan1584 Well-Known Member

I gave my old mattress away. The delivery guys will not get it as they bring it to their warehouse and can't it anywhere. If there are tricycle in your area, they will surely accept it.

19. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

If only I could turn back time when I first decided to move out of my parent’s house. The most expensive item I should have bought for my tiny apartment should have been the mattress!

20. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

There are 2 things you shouldn't scrimp on, a few good pairs of shoes, & your mattress. I's either you're either on your feet, or on your back (or side).

wilbur_7 likes this.