Mattress

Discussion in 'General OT' started by rage30, Nov 27, 2011.

1. rage30

rage30 Member

Guys anyone ever bought "Slumber Mattress? I don't want to buy tempur coz I tried their pillow and I was not comfy about it. Others say that tempur is hot and creates back pain.

Any thoughts about this?

2. tinmuning

tinmuning Member

Hi, this might not be the answer you want but since it's been days since you started the thread and still no replies, I thought I'd share something.

Re: tempur---most expensive junk I bought. The two Tempur pillows in our bedroom serve as a reminder not to listen to whatever Kris Aquino's recommendations will be in the future. She said she bought one for her mom (who was just diagnosed with cancer at that time) and a few days later, I bought a pair for me and the hubby. Tried their bed with the remote control mechanism as well--good for my back but my good ol' Uratex ortho foam still serves its purpose.

As for the Slumber Mattress, have you tried lying on the mattress? This might sound weird especially if you imagine doing so in a department store. Try to ask if they have a showroom so you can try lying on their mattresses without being viewed by a lot of people. Tempur has this in Shangrila mall, maybe the particular brand you're looking for has a showroom too.

I tried to google for the distributor for "Slumber Mattress" but didn't get any results.

3. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

you must mean the mattress from "slumber land". if i'm not mistaken, you can check them out at sm department stores.

i work for a company that imports italian tiles, & we're now importing an italian mattress as well. the brand is magniflex (http://www.magniflex.com/en/home/46/). they're the competitor of tempur, but unlike tempur, they have different types of mattresses to suit your needs. you could also check them out at our showroom at homestudio bldg, 63 connecticut st, greenhills san juan or call 7269414, 7219832.

4. Abu_Gadu

Abu_Gadu Member

this came just in the nick of time. i was about to buy tempur pillows because of my recurring neck pain.

what are the price ranges for a pillow for my problem?

5. poru

poru Member

When I had neck pain, I bought a medium size Uratex SensoMemory pillow (1400 at SM Homeworld, probably less elsewhere) and the pain disappeared the next day. Would recommend.

6. v8designstudio

OT : Neckpain has always been my problem. Experimented with sleeping appliances here and there, Sealy, Marriot, Uratex, and guess what, neck pain disappeared with my doctor's metformin daily prescription.

Some variations of neck pains need medical attention.

Im not diabetic. But my HDL is elevated and my SGPT is off the roof. Metformin made me lose the recurring neck pains. Now all i have to do is work my ass to lose bilbil - which is causing me back pains.

7. piedad

piedad Well-Known Member

Advice from a family man of 6 kids: order the mattress from Uratex. Go to their factory and test out the different options available. You actually need it to be as firm as possible without being uncomfortable. We avoid spring mattresses. Never had any back pains in 25 years.
    Have them install a vinyl / leatherette cover (zippered, removable) for it. Why? It's the best way to prevent bed bugs, allergies, etc. Then just put an extra layer of cloth under the bed cover if it is too cold for you.

8. dcph172

dcph172 Member

Uratex SensoMemory pillow is sometimes on sale at the uratex warehouse on miller st. Good pillow. Cheap but does the job. Anything related to foams, pillows and stuffing, we head on to miller. They give free cokes too! haha

9. Lorenz69

Lorenz69 Active Member

my wife bought something called a Senso Memory Topper from uratex. its an excellent product. you just put it on top of your matress. you dont feel your partner moving/getting up/etc. = better sleep :)

10. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

Uratex! Support our local industry. :)

11. pepspeps

pepspeps Active Member

Hands down on Uratex mattresses. My wife and I bought a queen-sized one last Aug. 2011 and so far it is not showing any signs of wearing or lumps.

12. scoflip

scoflip Well-Known Member

just reviving this thread, what brand of twin size mattress can you recommend?

13. wem272

wem272 Active Member

I had neck pain and back pain. Pillow and Bed was not the answer. I had a MRI and sent to someone who could read it. The solution for me was a chiropractor teaching me neck and back exercises and losing weight.

14. funcityboy

funcityboy Active Member

I'd recommend Uratex. You can go to the Uratex office near West Ave QC and test their different types of mattresses.

scoflip likes this.
  15. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

philippine bed is also good.

scoflip likes this.
  16. Chip

Chip PhilMUG Addict Member

You can also try Mandaue Foam. They also have samples of their different kinds of mattresses that you can try in their store. They have stores at Q. Ave, Shaw, and Ortigas Ave. Ext. to name a few. :)

scoflip likes this.
  17. mree

mree Well-Known Member

The Uratex mattress that I used to have (my bed and mattress were given to my niece when I moved out) is still serving its purpose. In fact, it feels as if it hasn't reduced much in size, based on the last time I saw it. It's almost 20 years old now.

As for my current bed, I'm still using Uratex. I remember that it was in the 20k price range, but when I purchased it, it was on sale. I think less 20%. It's a must to go to warehouses, galleries, or mall shops, and try out the bed for yourself before buying.

EDIT: On Mandaue Foam, I heard they also have good mattresses and really affordable, too.

I don't want to open a new thread about Pillows, but what brand do you guys use? What I'm using now are some cheap pillows that I got from a department store. I feel like I need to buy new ones.

18. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

Been looking for a mattress for more than a year but haven't bought one because I can't decide which one! Lol! I think I need to go to their showroom (Uratex) - with less people, and try their different mattresses. Nahihiya kasi na maghiga higa sa mall and sometimes, or almost all the time e and daming tao. Checking mattresses from different manufacturers - Uratex, Slumberland, Vono and Starry nite.

19. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

i dont know why i can't edit my previous post. anyways. im using Ambassador bed by Philippine bed. They also supply different hotels in the country.

tried mandaue and uratex they are good also and the price is not bad. Phil bed is more on the expensive side.

http://www.philbed.com

ronjet likes this.
  20. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmm.....any brand mattress will do: just layer it with your preferred accessories. Me? Uratex (firm), layered with the following in ascending order:
    1. Stock plastic cover, unremoved.
    2. Mattress protector
    3. Memory foam
    4. Duvet filler (goose down is nice)
    5. Bed sheet and fitted sheet (Egyptian cotton 300 thread count and up).
    6. Comforter or bedspread. (Bedspreads are far easier to clean and maintain).

mree likes this.