Marshall Stanmore coming this October

Discussion in 'Digital Walker' started by Charlie, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Ravenmd

Ravenmd Member

Which branches carry these speakers nowadays? Would anyone know? Tia

2. WickedMac

WickedMac Active Member

Saw it on display at BTB VMall

3. codewarrior

codewarrior New Member

Really bad product. I bought this last year April 2014. Then it won't power on last December 2014 and repaired by Digital Walker Last January 2015. Now (March 7) it's BROKEN AGAIN. The power doesn't turn on.

Charlie, this is really annoying, can you do something about this? Please.:mad::(

4. Charlie

Charlie Beyond The Box/DW/Digital Hub

Just bring it back and I'll have it replaced with a new one =)

There was a few problems with the first batch of shipments but the succeeding ones are good na =)

5. codewarrior

codewarrior New Member

Thanks Charlie. I got the replacement :)

6. Robert Ryan

Robert Ryan New Member

Sir, where and what shop could I find Marshall Stanmore? How much would be the price?

7. codewarrior

codewarrior New Member

Died after 10 months. No light, no Bluetooth, no auxiliary in- no nothing. Obviously a manufacture's defect. This is my replacement and still that bad. You could check my comment last year.
    So disappointed.

8. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

I have a less than a month old Stanmore so this got me worried. How's your usage bro and what input devices do you use? Did they say what was wrong with the first unit? Do you have it plugged into an auto voltage regulator or straight to the wall outlet?

I currently have it connected to my TV via optical and also use it for music via bluetooth and Aux in.

9. codewarrior

codewarrior New Member

I am a heavy user. I listen to it almost every night while sleeping. I use apple tv to connect using optical. I use bluetooth to connect my ipad. I use input to connect my guitar. Direct to wall socket. There was a defect from the first shipping according to Charlie (read back his reply form this thread).

I thought marshall would be durable because of its name. Now I am hesitant to buy any product of that brand.

10. extremeshot

Oops... saw a couple of red flags from your usage.

1. "I use input to connect my guitar" - I read in the manual something that explicitly states to never plug in a guitar. This could be your culprit.
    2. "Direct to wall socket" - Could be a smaller issue but it is well known that our commercial power spikes ever so often. I have mine plugged into a surge suppressor but not an AVR. I might invest in an AVR now that I mentioned it. It's an expensive speaker so I want to avoid that risk of throwing it to waste.

#30 extremeshot, Jan 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  11. codewarrior

codewarrior New Member

1. Hmmm i don't think so and besides never do that all the time. Do you have the official statement from Marshall stating that?
    2. Ok use an AVR, then let me know after a couple of months if it's still working. Hopefully that would help prolong the life of your speaker ;)

I have an Edifier speaker with the same features, and I use it the same way, but still working very well.

A lot of customers are experiencing the same problem, read other reviews, like on Amazon.

12. 4p0se

4p0se Well-Known Member

does the problem exist at other marshall speakers?

13. extremeshot

1. Not an official statement but it was in the printed material that came with the speakers. I'll double check when I get home.
    2. Oh, I have no choice but to "try" and protect it since I already bought the dang speakers :D

I'll also have a look at the Amazon reviews; thanks for the info. I just wish I checked before buying :D. Well actually, the Stanmore was an impulse-buy for me so I didn't really do much research prior to buying. Good luck to me then! :p

14. abielbad

abielbad Active Member

This got me worried. Though I bought a Woburn