Malaysia Thread

Discussion in 'Travel' started by ice, Jun 16, 2016.

1. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

Yes, we have a Kuala Lumpur thread and a Legoland thread plus a couple of Singapore to Malaysia threads, but there's more to Malaysia than just KL and Legoland...

Would like to share our recent trip to Malacca (June 2016).

Picked-up the rented car at Johor Bahru and drove to Malacca. - blogs have mentioned that if renting, it would be safer to rent a car in Malaysia since locals will think you're one of them... To ensure that they don't look at me as a foreigner, I rented a Proton Persona :)

Drive was more than 2 hours (around 230kms). (for first time drivers in Malaysia, you can get a Touch 'n Go card from the toll booth), RM50.00 credits was enough for Malacca to Johor Bahru and back.

If you're travelling by bus, Holiday Inn has a free shuttle going to tourist spots and malls.

As for the Tourist spots... You can complete everything in 1 day... (We decided not to go to the Portuguese Settlement)

(We're based in Singapore) So my wife and daughter loved their shopping time at Dataran Pahlawan... Again for first time drivers, purchase a street parking ticket... There's NO free parking at Malacca...

Jonker Street is almost closed during weekdays, try to visit during the weekends but be ready for traffic.

About the hotel (Holiday Inn), their club lounge only provides refreshments... Lounge only serves food for breakfast and happy hour only.

2. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

The Bato Caves is a must visit in Malaysia...take care that your wallet doesn't get swiped by the fiercest thieves on the planet, the monkeys...

jhonas015 and Sunil_K like this.
  3. ice

Radioactive device goes missing in Malaysia | Gulf News Asia

4. ice

5. ice

6. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

7. ice

Anak, ikaw ba yan? - yes, I will always eat a meal at McDonalds on every country I visit.

Adarna likes this.