MAIL - - problem sending email with attachments

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by jawo, May 3, 2007.

1. jawo

jawo Member

tried to send an email using the mail application with a picture as attachment... sent it to yahoo and gmail addresses... what happens is the email does not reach their recipients...

here's how i do it:

1) drag and drop a picture to the mail icon in the dock
    2) resize the picture using the resize feature in the mail window
    3) send email

somehow it just doesn't seem to be able to reach its recipients... i emailed it to my own yahoo and gmail address, no go... but when i emailed it using gmail, my yahoo account program received it and it also showed up in the in-box of my built-in mail program... btw, i'm on pldt dsl... don't know if that matters... also pics are jpegs, no more than 1MB in size...

hope someone could help me out on this one... thanks...

2. elbert

elbert Active Member

Why don't you set up your Mail.app with your Gmail account and use that instead? You can send out relatively large emails using Gmail. The best part is that you don't have to rely on PLDT's SMTP. Eventually, you'll want to ditch your PLDT email account.

It's very easy to do, and it's free. Here are the setup instructions: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13275

3. jawo

jawo Member

tried to set it up... got stuck with this...

"Trying to log into the POP server “pop.gmail.com” has failed. Please make sure the username and password are correct. If you continue, you may not be able to receive any email."

i'm sure i typed the right username and password... it's a pop account, right?

4. PatrickGaerlan

PatrickGaerlan Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Did you enable POP in your Gmail account already?

5. jawo

jawo Member

just figured this out a little while ago... thank you so much for helping me out...

6. supermac

supermac Member

sometimes, you dont need to resize it. you can just use PANDO :)