Mail app notification screwed up?

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by SJC, Jun 23, 2008.

1. SJC

SJC Member

Anyone experienced this lately?

When I open my mail app, it would retrieve for new messages for my 3 accounts (.mac, 1&1 and gmail). Of course, it was working seemlessly. Until 2 days ago, when it would "notify" me on my dock that there are 2 other NEW messages on my 1&1 account. But when I try to look under that folder, wala namang new mails, although it says beside it's inbox folder that I have 2 new mails. No old unread mails, either. Even tried to selecting all mails, and mark everything as read, but the notification still says I've got 2 mails!

Funny thing was I tried googling or searching about it but didn't know the right keywords:
    mail app new mail no mail :D

Anybody can help? :slanted:

2. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

it's probably on your other 2 accounts. Have you checked if you have 2 new messages in them?

3. johnj2803

johnj2803 Active Member

I have the same experience... i just have my google mail account set up and it would sometimes notify me of a new mail but in fact it is not there when i look at it.... weird :D

4. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

Maybe you configured your Mail app to show unread count of all mailboxes and the unread email are in the spam or junk folder?

5. stubborn_sage

stubborn_sage Member

another possible cause ... check your offline chat messages for new ones using webmail. this happens to me several times with my gmail account in Mail.

6. SJC

SJC Member

@bacchus_3 - yes i have marked every mail as READ. but still... :-(
    @johnj2803 - my gmail account notifies the right number of unread mails. it's just the 1&1 account. sigh...
    @bulakbol - i have marked everything - even the spams - as READ, but to no avail...
    @stubborn_sage - i never used my 1&1 mail for chat at all.

im scared to think that my macbook might be infected with the latest trojan! kasi in my limewire app, when i search for songs, yung mga songs with 320 bitrate, nakacheck sya. i also scanned my system for possible spyware, nadetect nya 18, inalis ko na. im yet to scan my system for virus with ClamVax, kinakabahan ako. hehehe!

7. SJC

SJC Member

thanks pala guys for your insights... :)

8. johnj2803

johnj2803 Active Member

this is the reason for my weird inbox behavior! thanks :D

9. foxdie200x

foxdie200x Member

try mo po toh.
    highligh your 1&1 mailbox the click mailbox menu>rebuild - try that if it would work.