Mail.app doesn't delete any mail messages

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by SJC, Aug 17, 2008.

1. SJC

SJC Member

My mailbox has been acting strangely since last week. I couldn't delete any mail from my main account which is from 1and1.com... I couldn't delete any of the messages, it just goes gray (mail list) and wouldn't go to trash at all. Same goes in my sent items, mails sent from that account is not deleting. I've tried the Ctrl+Click on each message and choose delete, but it still stays there.

Anyone has a solution to this? Could this be a bug in the updated version?

If so, who do my .Mac and Gmail accounts respond accordingly (deleted unwanted emails)?

Please enlighten me. Thanks in advance!

2. SJC

SJC Member

ooops i think i found the solution... (maybe)

i did couple of things...

1. Rebuild - but nothing happened.

2. I found out that that under View, I could toggle the option to show/hide deleted messages. So when I toggled it to hide deleted messages, they're not viewable (of course). But that means that my mails were still in there. Not good. So I did the next thing...

3. I remember going into the 'mailbox behaviors' from the preferences window before this happened. i unchecked the box then where it says 'Move deleted messages to separate folder'.
    just now i ticked the box again and now it's working seemlessly (as of the moment).

The only problem now is I accidentally deleted the mails I marked to be deleted (when I was still having testing if it can be deleted - buti na lang they're not really that important). Now they're all gone! Hahaha!