MacUpdate Spring 2009 bundle

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by jflorendo, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jflorendo

jflorendo Member

A few times a year, MacRumors partners with MacUpdate to promote their Mac application bundle deal. Their latest bundle delivers at least 11 Mac applications for $49.99 (a $521.71 value if all purchased separately) including:

- TechTool Pro 5 ($98.00) - comprehensive Mac tool to check the health of your RAM, hard drives, repair problems and optimize performance
    - Parallels Desktop 4 ($79.99) - virtualization for the Mac that allows you to run Windows alongside Mac OS X.
    - Circus Ponies Notebook 3 ($49.95)- an organizer to take notes with audio annotations, track tasks, collate ideas, clippings, photos
    - NetBarrier X5 ($49.95)- firewall and intrusion detection software
    - DVDRemaster Pro 5 ($49.99)- backup DVDs, convert DVD movies for use on the iPod, iPhone and AppleTV
    - Multiplex ($35.00) - DVD management and playback system
    - RipIt ($18.99)- Copy DVDs to your hard drive
    - MoneyWell ($49.99) - Finance management software with direct connect banking, envelope budgeting, transaction and cash flow management
    - Paperless ($44.95) - manage your receipts and document collections
    - Posterino ($24.95)- Use your photos to create posters, postcards, photo frames, greeting cards and more.
    - BetterZip ($19.95) - better .zip compression management

Bonus Apps for first 15,000 Buyers

- Jets'n'Guns Gold ($29.95) - save the world in this side scrolling shooter
    - CuteClips 3 ($15.00) - clipboard manager

This $49.99 bundle sale lasts for two weeks and does not include any "locked" items. All items are available immediately and even includes the two bonus applications for the first 15,000 bundle purchasers.

source: http://www.macrumors.com/

2. essay

essay Active Member

already bought mine early this morning.

A good deal.

I particularly like in the bundle:

TechTool Pro 5 (just released, this has more features compared to techtool deluxe bundled with applecare)

MoneyWell (been on the lookout for a good finance app. I was planing to buy this when its iphone version comes as announced on their website months ago. This bundle tells me I don't have to wait.)

Circus Ponies NoteBook (powerful organizing tool)

Parallels Desktop (not that I want to install windows. but hey, might as well try.)

When i checked the website, around 4,000+ bundles were already sold... After about an hour or 2, the number pegged at 6,000 already... I bought immediately to get the locked items also (only for the first 15,000 bundles)..

It's now 11,851 bundles sold, as of May 29, Fri, 3:55pm...

This bundle is selling very fast!

#2 essay, May 29, 2009
    Last edited: May 29, 2009
  3. v8designstudio

Great.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Purchased 2.
    Saved a lot!.

Just a Q. I'm downloading each, will MacRumors send by mail a copy as well? or this is just for DL? no hardcopy?

Cheers.

4. lesterjune

lesterjune Member

Yes, is this for download only? Or a CD copy will be mailed as well?

Thanks.

5. ricpac

ricpac Active Member

All for just $49.99, right ?? I'm sold--thanks to TTPro and ||4.

#5 ricpac, May 29, 2009
  6. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

As with their previous promos, this one won't come with physical discs. I ordered my set. There is one download for nine mini-apps, two separate ones for Parallels and TechTool Pro, and another two for the bonus titles. Initially, MacUpdate made a mistake with the link for TTPro - it was for the update only and not the whole app - I complained by email and they have since corrected their mistake.

7. ice_man

ice_man Active Member

this is a great sale... im really only after the TechTool and NetBarrier though.. Would I buy it? it depends.. since most of the items there I dont really need..

We'll see later.. it still pegged at 14k+ bundles sold..

got one bundle... hehehe.. can't resist online shopping!

#7 ice_man, May 29, 2009
  8. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Great sale. Kinda tempted to get it. Although I'm not too fond of Tech Tool Deluxe since the version that came with my AppleCare fried my MacBook's HD when I ran a surface scan; it found errors and hanged on one (with constant clicking noises) leading to an HD crash. Had to have it replaced through AppleCare. Good thing I had a backup. Maybe it was just coincidence or maybe it was really time for my HD to crash but I would not recommend using TTP to anyone due to the hassle it caused me.

9. alvinrayyu

alvinrayyu Active Member

for download only

yesterday the locked items will only be available to the first 15,000 bundles sold - now it's for the first 20,000

#9 alvinrayyu, May 30, 2009
    Last edited: May 30, 2009
  10. alvinrayyu

alvinrayyu Active Member

yes, I have also emailed them yesterday regarding the TechToolPro 5 link, they sent me the correct link via email

this bundle's really worth my $49.99

11. alvinrayyu

alvinrayyu Active Member

12. ice_man

ice_man Active Member

thanks alvin....

13. alvinrayyu

alvinrayyu Active Member

RAGE MapDesign (normally $19.95), a great tool for creating interactive image maps from the Web development experts at RAGE Software. With MapDesign, you can take an image and easily create links or captions that appear when the cursor is over only certain parts of it. If you have a Web site or need one hosted, be sure to check out RAGE Software for more great tools and services!

FREE for the first 35,000 bundle buyers.

To retrieve your serial number for this application, just visit your MacUpdate Purchases page.

#13 alvinrayyu, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  14. alvinrayyu

alvinrayyu Active Member

Today you can purchase Pandora's Pests, MacPilot, Swift Share, MacCleanse, Librarian Pro, Image Smith, E-Mail Commander, Display Maestro, Digital Sentry, Data Guardian, Amnesia, Alarm Clock Pro, AirRadar together as a bundle. Normally they cost $230.35, but you can buy them for only $39.95.
    • Pandora's Pests: Your peaceful vacation is upturned by an armada of pests.
    • MacPilot: Enable over 700 hidden features in Mac OS X & other apps.
    • Swift Share: Easily create file share points across your local network.
    • MacCleanse: Scheduled erasing for sensitive data.
    • Librarian Pro: Complete personal inventory system.
    • Image Smith: Powerful batch image processing tool.
    • E-Mail Commander: Send multiple e-mails to individuals with ease.
    • Display Maestro: Full control over attached displays and available resolutions.
    • Digital Sentry: Monitors system for events such as unauthorized access or theft.
    • Data Guardian: Secure database application with 448-bit Blowfish encryption.
    • Amnesia: Universal uninstaller; delete apps and all associated files.
    • Alarm Clock Pro: Let your computer wake you.
    • AirRadar: Wireless network scanner

15. WickedMac

WickedMac Active Member

Bought also the bundle with free Voila and RAGE MapDesign. Thanks for the heads-up!

16. ice_man

ice_man Active Member

I have a problem with Tech Tool Pro. Whenever I click Tech Tool on the Menu Bar to open its preferences, it won't let me. Its just Grayed out. I wonder why. I purchased this along with the bundle.

*** Nevermind, saw the answer to my own question... hehehe

#16 ice_man, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.