macOS Catalina (10.15)

Discussion in 'General macOS and Apps' started by GelOBrrz, Jun 6, 2019.

1. GelOBrrz

GelOBrrz Member

The next version of macOS was previewed last Monday at the WWDC 2019 Keynote. What’s features are you most excited about? Personally, I like that I can integrate my iPad as an extended display, more watch integration, and new music app.

https://www.apple.com/macos/catalina-preview/

97957A94-2125-43E5-9252-B2BD84C453FA.jpeg

F34C999C-EE7A-4420-BC39-A3673C92985D.jpeg

1AE6E129-CCA4-44E4-87BA-C33983BD9A8C.jpeg

2. GilGrissom

GilGrissom Well-Known Member

Anyone figured out how to enable Sidecar on a system running Catalina and an Ipad 6th Gen running IpadOS? Could not figure it out last night. From my understanding the ipad should show as an available airplay device in the Airplay Icon on the menu bar. But my ipad cannot seem to be detected whether it be connected via cable or on the same wifi connection as my macbook pro.

Other than that preview builds of Catalina and IpadOS installed without any issues so far.

3. makinao

makinao Active Member

Is your mac on the list?

"As it turns out, Sidecar is limited to many of Apple's newer Macs, and the devices listed below will be able to use it.
    https://www.macrumors.com/2019/06/06/macos-catalina-sidecar-limited-to-newer-macs/

4. GilGrissom

GilGrissom Well-Known Member

Yup I just saw that list! I have a 2012 i7 Macbook Pro that is still humming along Catalina Beta nicely.

I even tried the terminal command to enable the system preference icon for Sidecar to appear.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/bx3eet/sidecar_support_on_older_macs/

It initiates but then exits into an error. :( I hope they enable Sidecar for older macs when Catalina is released.

5. GelOBrrz

GelOBrrz Member

Maybe because it’s still in beta